PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Channel

Historian
10-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Its on. A Sneak Preview on DirecTV Channel 212. Mostly highlight shows and the like. Looks good.

SabreEleven
10-31-2003, 10:38 AM
What about Dishnetwork? anything, anything?

OpIv37
10-31-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
Its on. A Sneak Preview on DirecTV Channel 212. Mostly highlight shows and the like. Looks good.

It's about time. Now if they'd just make a 24-hour Simpsons station I'd never have to leave the house again.

R. Rich
10-31-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

It's about time. Now if they'd just make a 24-hour Simpsons station I'd never have to leave the house again.

Wow, a 24 hour Simpsons station!! That's the dream, huh? I know my wife and I would be glad to have that channel (maybe I could turn in one of our useless channels, like MTV, to get it?).

OpIv37
10-31-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich

Wow, a 24 hour Simpsons station!! That's the dream, huh? I know my wife and I would be glad to have that channel (maybe I could turn in one of our useless channels, like MTV, to get it?).

For now, the closest thing is TiVo and the DVD collections. But I think they could pull it off- show the movies that the Simpsons have spoofed followed by the corresponding episodes, show the documentaries and director's commentary from the DVD's, the old Tracy Ullman shows, etc. For now, at least the NFL channel guarantees that there will always be at least one thing worth watching on TV.

But your comment about MTV brings up another point- when are satellite and cable providers going to allow people to buy only the stations they watch? We get 200 channels and probably watch 20 of them. Do I really need 19 home shopping networks and 3 stations dedicated entirely to cooking shows?

This thread is totally going to get moved.