PDA

View Full Version : What's up with this "Lover" crap?

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 09:24 AM
I've been thinking about this for a week now.

It used to be you supported your team on the field- sure- you can criticize, point out mistakes, vent- whatever.

But over the past few years, if there was a "controversy" whether it's RJ/Flutie, Bledsoe, Coaching, Donahoe, or whatever- you are no longer a "Bills fan" rooting for those who hold the position- but now you become a "lover"

RJ- Lover
Flutie lover

Donehoe lover

Bledsoe lover

What next- Henry or McGahee lovers? Why is rooting for players - especially whe they struggle- actually become a bad thing? Realistically, there isn't much you can do once the season is underway- unless you are conceeding defeat and willing to take a "bottom 5 team in the league" finish to the season.

If thie team was like the Raiders or Chargers with abslutely no hope, I can see it. Begin the overhaul. But this team isn't there yet. We are 2 games out of he division lead for crying out loud! The Jets were in worse shape last year!!!

But back to my point- did the Flutie/RJ thing- what BillsNYC calls "Buffalo's Vietnam"- ruin the enjoymernt of the game for people? Has it made them that bitter ?

Turf
10-31-2003, 09:25 AM
Punk juvenile internet mentality. Pray they never have kids.

10-31-2003, 09:29 AM
Blame Wys for that BS. He was the original labeller.

Novacane
10-31-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
We are 32 games out of he division lead for crying out loud!

:jawdrop:

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 09:30 AM
I'm with you dozer!

You've been a bastion of true fandom. It's about the TEAM.

I want the Bills to WIN!

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 09:30 AM
I mean- TD is our GM- I still think he's one of the leagues best- but I'm going to be labled a "lemming" a "dupe" a "sucker". Sure he messed up with his coach- and that's a big thing I admit- but if he takes the steps to rectify it in the offseason, and gets a big name guy in here, this team will be very solid.

Patrick76777
10-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Dozer is on fire and I love it! I couldn't agree more! It actually goes back further for me. I wanted to see Todd Collins play and I had a buddy who wanted Billy Joe Hobert! I remember watching that NE game and enjoying the fact that Billy Joe was playing like crap just so I could say, "I told you so" Afterwards, I felt like s#it! It just didn't feel right! I swore that I would never put a player ahead of my team again.

Of course the Bledsoe haters (I can call them that because that's what they do) will say that they still pull for the team, but I don't see how that's possible when they have such a strong hatred over the QB and love coming here on telling us how we're all nuts to hold out hope for this team!

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by ミ

This is not about labeling labellers. It's not just one individual either.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 09:33 AM
This thread is refreshing. Lets keep it positive!

GO BILLS!!!!

Novacane
10-31-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

I want the Bills to WIN!

Thats the attitude that starts the devisiveness! You come here and point out things about your team you are worried about and there are a few here that say you are not a true fan and want the Bills to lose.

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 09:36 AM
One thing I've learned from this thread aready- I type like s***

Patrick76777
10-31-2003, 09:37 AM
But we are 1 full game out of a playoff spot with 8 to go! That doesn't look good!

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2003, 09:38 AM
Sorry, but I'm a BILLS LOVER!!!

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Thats the attitude that starts the devisiveness! You come here and point out things about your team you are worried about and there are a few here that say you are not a true fan and want the Bills to lose.

I'm worried about DE. But I don't post 10 threads about it in a matter of minutes.

And I don't label people Denny Desirer or Schoebel Supporter because they disagree.

I think people GET Bledsoe's limitations. They just don't want to read 50 posts about it. And for SURE, they don't want any "Bills fan" to rejoice in any of his failures.

Valerie
10-31-2003, 09:43 AM
I just root for the team. Sure there are players I like more than others (I am a Flutie lover), but that doesn't mean I want to see the team of the players I'm not crazy about fail or get injured.

Honestly, in all the years I've been watching football, I've NEVER seen anything like the whole Flutie/Johnson thing. EVER! It was sad and it broke my heart. It never should've come down to what it did. I don't think things are that bad right now. Everyone has different opinions about what should happen and which player is good and which player is bad, but it's nothing like the Flutie/Johnson thing.

10-31-2003, 09:43 AM
Hey does Pizza Hut have a Bills Lover's pizza, like the Meat Lover's, etc. ?

http://www.pizzahut.ca/phsite.nsf/vwInfo/pizzas4

Patrick76777
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
I keep waiting for this post!

LOL! :laughter: Imagine that eh!

:boozer: :rolleyes:

Blah, Blah, Blah, I知 a fan, Blah, Blah, Blah, 8 Season Tickets!

Blah, Blah, Blah, first 8 games, Blah, Blah, Blah Interceptions.

But I guess I知 wrong!
:boozer: :laughter: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Novacane
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM

And I don't label people Denny Desirer or Schoebel Supporter because they disagree.

:lolcry:

How about a Reed reverer or Clemets coveter or Henry humper

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
:lolcry:

How about a Reed reverer or Clemets coveter or Henry humper

:rofl:

10-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

But I guess I知 wrong!

Unbelievable! You guys crack me up! ;)

Novacane
10-31-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
(I am a Flutie lover),

That's only because you think he's cute:hammer:

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Bub-Bun! Finally, a voice of reason!

I may start liking to come on here again!

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 10:39 AM
That's another thing- people.

Use the ignore button - no one should be driven away because of a person's views- as long as they abide by the rules.

Use the technology we put into the site if you don't like a point of view. I created this thread to examine why fans act the way they do on these boards - not to pick on any individuals.

10-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Come on, call a spade a spade

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 10:51 AM
I don't completely agree there Dozer. I equate it to a drunk and belligerent fan sitting near you at the game spouting off at the mouth the entire game. Sure you can ignore it, but it still bothers the hell out of you (and others).

10-31-2003, 10:57 AM
Hey leave Mikee out of this. Dozer doesn't want to single anyone out :D

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ミ
Hey leave Mikee out of this. Dozer doesn't want to single anyone out :D

Mikey doesn't get drunk. :D

10-31-2003, 11:02 AM
OK OK, I was talking about the beligerent fan sitting next to Dozer.

Drunk-hater! :D

WG
10-31-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ミ

That's right D, I called myself an RJ Lover...

:rolleyes:

Where's the deadhorse there Dozer? Only reserved for those you disagree with, eh! ;)

WG
Great thread...

lordofgun
Mikey doesn't get drunk. :D

Yes he does.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Yes he does.

Well then that does describe mikey then. :D

WG
10-31-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Sorry, but I'm a BILLS LOVER!!!

Ditto 44!

What's funny is that no one seems to be allowed to criticize Drew and when you do you're not a Bills fan.

Talk about double standards.

Where's your post rallying around that one Doz?

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Great thread...

Hey, we agree on something!

Mikey (Wys) likes it!

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 11:06 AM
:up:

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:07 AM

What's funny is that no one seems to be allowed to criticize Drew and when you do you're not a Bills fan.

I think people are critical at the extent at which you do it.

WG
10-31-2003, 11:07 AM
I'll give ya a kickstart Dozer:

The thread title should be:

"What's up with this "You're not a fan" crap?

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Obviously I must be on ignore- I addresses those who felt it necissary to single out individuals-

My only point is that people feel the need to get into certain "camps"- you are for or against a player

The old Bush "You are with us or against us" mindset.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:11 AM
I'll give ya a kickstart Dozer:

The thread title should be:

"What's up with this "You're not a fan" crap?

It's not posted because "Lover" is used too often towards too many. "You're not a fan" is used seldom towards just a few riff raff.

That's right D, I called myself an RJ Lover...

Where's the deadhorse there Dozer? Only reserved for those you disagree with, eh! ;)

I guess you have selective memory, then.

Let's see...hmmm
"Flutie Flakes, Blesdsoe Lovers, Liberals, Crap Faucet"
These and many more Wys labels can be had by sending $9.95 to the Wys Charity betting fund. Dial 1-800-HYPOCRITE.

You're such a pompous ass, Wys, trying to be the Rush Limbaugh of the message boards. Turns out Rush was on pills.
What's your excuse ?

LtBillsFan66
Obviously I must be on ignore- I addresses those who felt it necissary to single out individuals-

My only point is that people feel the need to get into certain "camps"- you are for or against a player

The old Bush "You are with us or against us" mindset.

I'm with the Dozer camp on this one!

:D

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ミ
What's your excuse ?

Hot peppers. :snicker:

TedMock
10-31-2003, 11:17 AM
DUTCH HATER!

10-31-2003, 11:18 AM
:rofl: Especially those Pensylvania Dutch

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
DUTCH HATER!

It's those noisey clogs people wear- what's up with that? Ever hear if sneakers?

10-31-2003, 11:19 AM
& they're always sticking their fingers in dykes

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by ミ
:rofl: Especially those Pensylvania Dutch

I like to take pictures of them.

Or ask them to take a pic of me.

You know what? I was in Lancaster PA a few weeks ago. These friggin fraud Amish have friggin credit card machines! What's up with that! Selective technology I tell ya!

Another store (and no I'm not kidding) had a web site. WTF!!!!!

Patrick76777
10-31-2003, 11:21 AM
He does have a way with words though!

"hey, I never said I was a RJ Lover!"

Duh, No s#it bro, But you do call people Drew Lover's in a condescending manner! and that's the point that Dozer was trying to get across

10-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Nahhh, you're confusing them with the Quaker Triads, that Vietnamese/Dutch crime syndicate that hijacks buggys and skims collection plates.

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 11:23 AM

You know what? I was in Lancaster PA a few weeks ago. These friggin fraud Amish have friggin credit card machines! What's up with that! Selective technology I tell ya!

Another store (and no I'm not kidding) had a web site. WTF!!!!!

As long as they whittled it out of an old tree stump- it's OK! :up:

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:24 AM
As long as they whittled it out of an old tree stump- it's OK! :up:

lol

WG
10-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ミ

I guess you have selective memory, then.

Let's see...hmmm
"Flutie Flakes, Blesdsoe Lovers, Liberals, Crap Faucet"
These and many more Wys labels can be had by sending $9.95 to the Wys Charity betting fund. Dial 1-800-HYPOCRITE.

You're such a pompous ass, Wys, trying to be the Rush Limbaugh of the message boards. Turns out Rush was on pills.
What's your excuse ?

Thank you D. I always enjoy it when I get responses such as this because it tells me you're completely out of any reasonable arguments and have essentially conceded the argument.

Very nice!

I accept your "gracious" surrender!

:evil:

WG
10-31-2003, 11:29 AM
Let me throw this out to you fellas;

What do you call a fan who's willing to ride a particular player, in this case Drew for the sake of argument, into allowing the Bills to get run into the ground?

Objective? or what?

I'm sure D has some thoughts,....or at least some words. :D

10-31-2003, 11:29 AM
I guess if I were a deluded megalomaniac, I could agree with you

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:32 AM

What do you call a fan who's willing to ride a particular player, in this case Drew for the sake of argument, into allowing the Bills to get run into the ground?

Objective? or what?

Maybe the fan isn't so one sighted and can identify more than one problem as the cause of a teams troubles.

What would you call that type of fan? I would call them sensible.

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 11:36 AM
[Plays tape on loop]

It's not the opinion- it's the delivery

[/plays tape on loop]

BAM
10-31-2003, 11:36 AM
You forgot Moulds MonoManiac!

I get 3 points for that (3 M's)! :up:

Anyways, good thread here. It was actually a positive one for once, untill near the end... ;)

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 11:39 AM
We can still get it back on the positive track
:up:

LtBillsFan66
GO BILLS!

Valerie
OMG! Stop fighting for cripes sake! I swear, this stuff gets so :angry:ing old!

Let's change the subject....who's rooting for the Cowboys this Sunday? :D

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 11:41 AM
OMG! Stop fighting for cripes sake! I swear, this stuff gets so :angry:ing old!

Nobody:up:

Valerie
10-31-2003, 11:42 AM
:tongue: I am and actually so are you Dozer. You picked the Skins in the loser pool. :)

LtBillsFan66
I hope dallas wins by more than 4.5 points!

m-m-m-moulds m-m-mono m-m-m-maniac :D

(apologies to HandiMan)

casdhf
10-31-2003, 11:43 AM
:down:

Novacane
10-31-2003, 11:45 AM

The only time I root for the cowboys is when they are playing the Phins, Pats, or Jets

Ebenezer
10-31-2003, 11:50 AM

Objective? or what?

It is not the fact that there is criticism...I spend my life being cynical, skeptical and critical...I do it for a living...but it is how the information is prestented.

Also, it is ok to criticize...but how people be taken seriously when they can't find ANYTHING right?? How can there be credibility? How can anybody believe that somebody with those views are a fan when they persistantly, consistently knock EVERYTHING?

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
It is not the fact that there is criticism...I spend my life being cynical, skeptical and critical...I do it for a living...but it is how the information is prestented.

Also, it is ok to criticize...but how people be taken seriously when they can't find ANYTHING right?? How can there be credibility? How can anybody believe that somebody with those views are a fan when they persistantly, consistently knock EVERYTHING?

I think there is beginning to be a consensus here.

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm still a Bills 'Lover'!!!!

IHateTheDullphins
10-31-2003, 12:05 PM
You guys are all Bills Lover Lover's!

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2003, 12:23 PM
That's another thing- people.

Use the ignore button - no one should be driven away because of a person's views- as long as they abide by the rules.

Use the technology we put into the site if you don't like a point of view. I created this thread to examine why fans act the way they do on these boards - not to pick on any individuals.

This is my second day using ignore and it has changed my life.

You know, I've seen a lot of crappy Bills teams over the years, but I always pulled for them. They have been run by many incredibly stupid people over the years (John Rauch, Harvey Johnson, Jim Ringo, Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough, Wade Phillips, et al) but I always pulled for them.

We still have a puncher's chance, and one could argue that our destiny is still in our own hands. And I'm pulling for them.

IHateTheDullphins
10-31-2003, 12:30 PM
I love the Bills. I really do. I am done with Drew, GW, KG, and Puccillo. There is nothing that will stop me from putting on my jersey every weekend, and losing my voice for this team. The fact of the matter is, I'm still in that "daze" I was in last weekend when I was laughing my ass off watching the game. a laugh of "it can't possibly get worse" fashion, not b/c I was happy, but because that's all that I could do. We're all just going through this crappy time that we thought would be a winning, happy time instead.

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 12:34 PM
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!

Patrick76777
10-31-2003, 12:36 PM
We're only 1 game out of a playoff spot and 1.5 behind the pats because of the 31-0 Ass kicking! We've played our last 6 games with either Travis Henry or Eric Moulds out or hurting! We come out of the bye with 2 VERY winnable games against Dallas and Houston. We could be 6-4 after Ten games. Durning the same span NE goes to Denver, has a bye and gets Dallas. They could be 7-3, a half game ahead of us after 10 games, Miami has Indy, Tenn and Balt in the next 3 and could very easily be 6-4 after 10.

With 6 games to go, it could be:
NE 7-3
Buff 6-4
Mia 6-4

All 3 teams play the other 2 over the last 6 weeks. It'll be a dogfight to the finish!

I'm not giving up! I don't care who our coach is. Let's get healthy and win the next two.

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 12:41 PM
We need a saying-

The Red Sox had "Cowboy up" - granted it would be inappropriate in this sense- but it was a rallying cry the team used during the four dozen times this club was down and out- and if it werent for Gregg Williams' twin brother, GGrady GGump, they would be in the World Series.

How about it? A rallying cry???

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2003, 12:46 PM
We need a saying-

The Red Sox had "Cowboy up" - granted it would be inappropriate in this sense- but it was a rallying cry the team used during the four dozen times this club was down and out- and if it werent for Gregg Williams' twin brother, GGrady GGump, they would be in the World Series.

How about it? A rallying cry???

THIS COULD BE OUR RALLY MONKEY!! :monkey:

Ebenezer
10-31-2003, 12:47 PM
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!

LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!
LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 12:48 PM
:rofl:

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 12:48 PM
Allthough- ever since it was installed, we're 2-4

NC-BILLS44
10-31-2003, 01:22 PM
It's Time!!!!

Circle the Wagons!!!!!

"Because, nobody circles the wagons, like the Buffalo Bills"
Chris Berman needs to make a visit to Orchard Park.

Patrick76777
10-31-2003, 01:26 PM
We're only 1 game out of a playoff spot and 1.5 behind the pats because of the 31-0 Ass kicking! We've played our last 6 games with either Travis Henry or Eric Moulds out or hurting! We come out of the bye with 2 VERY winnable games against Dallas and Houston. We could be 6-4 after Ten games. Durning the same span NE goes to Denver, has a bye and gets Dallas. They could be 7-3, a half game ahead of us after 10 games, Miami has Indy, Tenn and Balt in the next 3 and could very easily be 6-4 after 10.

With 6 games to go, it could be:
NE 7-3
Buff 6-4
Mia 6-4

All 3 teams play the other 2 over the last 6 weeks. It'll be a dogfight to the finish!

I'm not giving up! I don't care who our coach is. Let's get healthy and win the next two.

One more thing! if I'm wrong and we go out and finish 2-6, I don't care!

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 01:27 PM
Ay yay yayo!
Ay yay yayo!

Lets go Buffalo!

BTW, I'm a hater hater.

Patrick76777
10-31-2003, 01:29 PM
The hater hater's, I like it. Count me in!

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 01:37 PM
The hater hater's, I like it. Count me in!

I know you hate haters, but please don't hate me because I hate haters.

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Allthough- ever since it was installed, we're 2-4

Whoops. Screw the monkey. :eek:

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 01:49 PM
Ay yay yayo!
Ay yay yayo!

Lets go Buffalo!

BTW, I'm a hater hater.

Hater!

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Hater!

I'm a hater hater though. It's different.

10-31-2003, 01:59 PM
Pretty soon we'll have holier than thou haters that will rate their hate just great compared to yours, mate or otherwise become irate, because they have a commitment to eight seasons tickets (near the gate) & drive from so far out of state that they have too much on their plate & take it out on others, making this place much less sedate.

I must initiate and state that I'm gonna be a hater rater baiter right out of the gate.

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 02:03 PM
Now THAT's a lot to contemplate!

10-31-2003, 02:08 PM
See, I go to one NBA preseason game last week & I become a frickin' rapper :D

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Did I get here too late?

The_Philster
10-31-2003, 03:47 PM
Nice thread, Dozer :bf1:

BAM
10-31-2003, 06:13 PM
BTW, I'm a hater hater.

Originally posted by helmetguy
Hater!

so this would make helmet guy a hater hater hater?

SABURZFAN
10-31-2003, 06:22 PM

But I guess I知 wrong!

:laughter:

that was pretty funny.

XNOUGHT
10-31-2003, 08:56 PM
Go Brady!!!

F U you Antiwain Smith you lazy POS!

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 09:08 PM
:lol:

Historian
11-01-2003, 06:47 AM
Dozer is on fire and I love it! I couldn't agree more! It actually goes back further for me. I wanted to see Todd Collins play and I had a buddy who wanted Billy Joe Hobert!

If Flutie/RJ was our "Vietnam"...was Hobert/Collins our Korea???
:confused2

Dozerdog
11-01-2003, 09:01 AM
Hobert/Collins was our Somalia - right after Jim Kelly, nobody wanted either of 'em, really.

Dman
11-01-2003, 09:13 AM
This is a great post..I'm not giving up on this team.
We are at .500 and still in it.

We take care of business at home...Houston, Indy, Jets & Miami..and we split on the road..Dallas, NYG, Titans & NE and we are in.

After the second season starts.....then it's wide open.

"One game at a time"
"Gotta give 110%"
"Nobody circles the wagons"
"That's why they play the game"

Let's Go BUFFALO!!!

imbondz
11-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by ミ
See, I go to one NBA preseason game last week & I become a frickin' rapper :D

:rofl: true that