X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

What about the injuries?

Let's also remember that our 2nd best offensive player, Travis Henry was hurt early in the Miami game(the first game of our slump) he then missed the Philly game and played injured against Cincy. a game in which or BEST player on O was hurt on the the last play! So now we have our 2nd best player hurting and our best player out vs. the Jets! Henry plays well against the Skins but says he still hurts and Moulds doesn't even play! Moulds comes back and plays hurt against KC!

We've played two games with both players healthy and we're and impressive 2-0 in those games. Let's see what happens after these guys have a full two weeks to recover and are closest to full strength for the next game.
    Resign our own guys!
  • gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Maybe Drew will come off of his "Mental Injury" of holding on to the ball too long and not seeing the open man.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Great point!

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Open Man????? We have Bobby Shaw and the guy who drops the ball.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

And I'm sure having Mighty Joe Burns as the starting running back didn't hurt Drew's game.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

It's cumulative.

In Certain enviroments, this guy will be a punching bag for DL's. Avolitile miix of no running threat, banged up receivers, and poor playcalling has created a nasty cocktail.

Conversly, Bledsoe can look like a world beater if he is provided with what he needs. Except for the coaching, we ave almost everything needed on the bench.

Comment

• ryven
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
              Open Man????? We have Bobby Shaw and the guy who drops the ball.
              a guy who dropped balls reed looks like he has turned it around.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryven

a guy who dropped balls reed looks like he has turned it around.

Yes, he has, but he wasn't catching them before the washington game.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                  • Jul 2002

Do you honestly think injuries cost us the Jets and chiefs game? Thats a big stretch!

Having Henry in the Philly game may have made a differance. Then again, Gilbride won't run the ball anyway so how much did missing Travis really hurt us?

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

I didn't say those other games.

But I didn't mention them because I know I'd get beat up for it. At the same time, I'm one that believes that single moment at any point of any game can change a game very drastically. Take for example the Miami game. I've said this before, If Drew sees Henry in the flat and KG doesn't call the half back option, it could have been 14-0 early in the first Quarter. The Dolphins would not have been able to run Ricky Williams 45 times and it would have forced Feidler to pass the ball. Which would have increased our chances for takeaways and probably our points. Plus the crowd would have been out of the game and the Dolphins D would have had the wind taken out of their sails and the game could have been a big Buffalo Blowout. I think those 2 plays made all the differance in the world.

And what about the Jets game? When we were up 3-0 and we had the ball on the jets 34 and we had 3rd and 2 and passed twice? What if we had Moulds and he makes a nice grab on one of those plays and that game goes to 10-0 early? Doesn't that game change.

My point in all of that is not that we were close to winning that game, Because we were not, but maybe if Eric is in that game, he makes that play and another and the game is closer or we win because of it?
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                      • Jul 2002

The Miami game I agree. Even if we kicked 2 field goals in those situatons I think we would have won that game.

I don't wanna sound like a dolphin fan so I'm not buying into the injury excuse.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

And it’s good that you don’t want to sound like a Dolphins fan! Who would? Let me say that I am not using it as an excuse but rather saying that it’s tough to blame a QB as the only reason an Offense has been struggling when his top two weapons have been hampered by injuries for most of the season so far!
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

I don't blame Drew 100%. Just want him to take his share of the blame. I think some people here overly defend Drew because Wys is so hard on him.

I know Drew will likely be here through at least next season so I'm gonna keep hoping he improves. Breaking up the match made in hell(Bledsoe, Gilbride) can only help him.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Yes it will,

I think you need to look at the root of the problem. Do a lot of posters defend Drew all day long? YES

But why do they do it?

Because every time we log on, someone is tearing him to shreads!

If we didn't have someone tearing him down all the time, I doubt people would be running around saying how much they love Drew!
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                              Yes it will,

I think you need to look at the root of the problem. Do a lot of posters defend Drew all day long? YES

But why do they do it?

Because every time we log on, someone is tearing him to shreads!

If we didn't have someone tearing him down all the time, I doubt people would be running around saying how much they love Drew!
                              I couldn't agree more. I think we all have pointed fingers at Drew being part of the problem...a big part at times. But the QB, as important as he is, is still only 1 player.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X