PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Gray should get his a$$ kicked.............

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:22 AM
if he has Chris watson covering Rice or Brown next week. It's time to make an ajustment Jerry!

casdhf
09-30-2002, 09:26 AM
It's either them or Jerry Porter, it's a lose lose lose situation any time he's on the field

Valerie
09-30-2002, 09:27 AM
There is no way in hell Chris Watson can remotely cover Jerry Rice. Even if Jerry was on crutches, I still wouldn't put Watson on him.

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:29 AM
cas.............I'd rather have him on porter than 2 hall of famers!

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:31 AM
Watson sucks but what other option do we have when teams go to 3 wides. The one play he came out the Bears went right after Bostic and toasted him worse than Watson was getting burned.
Gray has to come up with a way to protect Watson if he is such a defensive genius.

casdhf
09-30-2002, 09:31 AM
Porter is alot faster, I'd rather have him on Rice across the Middle where there will be a safety to help him out.

WG
09-30-2002, 09:34 AM
Bostic is young, Porter is no worse than Watson. Watson is numerous penalties waiting to happen. He plays so predictably and poorly that opposing coaches can use him almost like one of the "red review flags" in their pocket. When they need a penalty, they simply go to Watson.

He can't cover and is routinely, and I mean the standard, nowhere near the exception, 2+ yards behind the guy he's covering. And that's good coverage for him.

I'm still astonished that he made the preseason cuts. There must've been 50 CBs out there after cuts who are better. Irvin is better. Really!

B2R46 is right! Just keep him away from Rice or Brown. If he ends up on one of those two, he should raise his hand and wait for Clements or Winfield to swap w/ him. We're sorry it has to come to this Chris, but you "aren't good" to put it politely.

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Just keep him away from Rice or Brown. If he ends up on one of those two, he should raise his hand and wait for Clements or Winfield to swap w/ him.

Or just fall down and fake an injury like he did this week.

LABillsFan
09-30-2002, 09:37 AM
Looks like next week the D will be defending the pass as opposed to the run against The Bears. This is going to be a big game for the LB's!!!!

casdhf
09-30-2002, 09:38 AM
He played well in the preseason and by the end of last season he was looking good too. He'll come around...he kinda has to

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
He played well in the preseason and by the end of last season he was looking good too. He'll come around...he kinda has to

YOu are right cas. He looked like a decent 3rd CB in pre-season. More proof that pre-season doesn't mean anything!

casdhf
09-30-2002, 09:49 AM
I'd rather have Watson than Irvin

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
I'd rather have Watson than Irvin

Have to agree with you on that one!

Rebecky
09-30-2002, 11:43 AM
Fake an injury? Yeah, I noticed on the nfl.com play-by-play at least a couple of times "Watson is injured on the play" -- then 2 plays later, he's back. I wondered if the Bills were trying to use him for a TO or what? What was with that?

casdhf
09-30-2002, 11:49 AM
Winded from being burnt all day?