• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I bet...

...that Peerless Price is looking at our 4-4 record and saying "damn, I wish I had stayed in Buffalo."
  • ArcticWildMan

Sucks being him

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

See? That's called positive attitude Wys. Things could be worse, you could be a Falcon fan.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

If we're really lucky, Moobs will be coaching there next year

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
          If we're really lucky, Moobs will be coaching there next year
          Let's not imply that Fat Wade is coming back please.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

LOL!! I think you'd see me coaching the Bills before that would happen

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

Ahh, the Falcons. There's a team that had even higher expectations than the Bills this season and are doing much worse. You don't get a 1-7 record because 1 player is hurt, even if that 1 player is Mike Vick. That team is hurting in all phases of the game.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                See? That's called positive attitude Wys. Things could be worse, you could be a Falcon fan.
                Thanks MM. We'll rent out MM Arena and throw a "We're better than the (fill in the blank party)" at year's end and see who show's up.

You're fronting the money of course, which will all be refunded once we fill the place naturally...

Yeah, Price is exactly where he should be and will be for the rest of his career, even w/ Vick back. He'll have 50-70 balls for around 800-1,000 yards max. He's simply not that good. Even with Johnson or another in there, if he were open, he'd have better numbers. I've watched numerous times this season and from what I've seen he's oft-covered singly. It's not as if he's streaking down the field wide open while his QB is incapable of finding him.

Getting rid of him for a 1st rounder was the best move TD's ever made here.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

It's also a textbook example, just as I predicted, as to how perceptions often rule personnel moves vice good solid, sound judgement and research by watching some film of the player in question.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillyT92679
                    • Jul 2002

I wish the Bills still had Peerless Price.
                    Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Why?

We proved last year that we still can't beat any decent teams w/a vertical game.

Ya gotta be able to capitalize on great field position and be able to convert in red zone situations. We were terrible at both last year and we're terrible at both this year.

The vertical game, at least here as it was unaccompanied by a good red zone game, is overrated. It puts up tons of yards down to the 20 or 30. But then it's useless to put the ball into the end zone.

That explains why we had tons of yardage last year, but could only score any points against the weakest of opponents defensively speaking. Too many fans get wrapped up in yardage as a useful measure or indicator of performance as a team in terms of winning games.

Yardage is often a very misleading stat.

Here's a great example:

Last year we were deemed as "could not stop the run."

Why? B/c our yardage allowed stats were high. But if we go review last season, we'll see that Ricky Williams had 400 of those. Other than that, we held Tomlinson and Holmes to very reasonable yardage totals and the same with other RBs. If you reduce Williams' 400 yards by 200 to 200 or so, then we leap from 29th in rushing D to 17th! That's 12 spots.

The big reason Ricky had so many yards is b/c Lucas sucked and couldn't move the ball at all. So naturally Ricky's gonna get a lot a carries and with our DL not exactly being great, of course he's gonna run all day.

Anyway, the only way Drew stacks up favorably against any other of the better QBs in the NFL is by using yardage alone. The second you step away from yards, he's average at best, and worse in many other ways by comparison.

Again, one way to look at how efficient a QB is, is to take a look at the number of yards that they throw for in order to net a TD. When you do that Drew ranks among the bottom and that's on his career let alone this or last season. It's worse here in Buffalo.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• honey
                        • Aug 2002

I like Drew. :) I also liked PP.

But, I do agree that Drew needs to pick it up a bit, and I'm starting to come to everyone else's conclusion that the coaches probably need to go.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• Drewpac
                          • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind having Peerless. He would sure make a great number two receiver but it was definitely worth getting a first rounder for him. The bigger question is where do we start in the offseason: O or D-Line?

Comment

• Stewie
                            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            It's also a textbook example, just as I predicted, as to how perceptions often rule personnel moves vice good solid, sound judgement and research by watching some film of the player in question.
                            Wys, this is the type of post that makes you lose all credibility IMO

To accurately make a statement like that you need
                            1: To work in a personnel office
                            2: Access to NFL gametapes
                            3: The authority to sign players
                            4: A metrics based feedback system
                            5: Occassional debriefing by professional consultants

I don't think I need to go out on a limb to venture you don't have any of those. I know this because if you did work for a team I'm sure you'd be under a non-disclousre agreement.

Now if most other people made this statement no one would think twice about it. You however spend about 5000 words a day telling us what you think, which is fine in and of itself. However, when you definitively make statements like that it speaks volumes about what you consider to be fact when it is really just your opinion. Try to find that line man, that's all I'm tryin' to say.
                            Originally posted by Topdog
                            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                            Originally posted by mercyrule
                            I love Weiner.
                            Originally posted by mercyrule
                            also cheese

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
                              I wouldn't mind having Peerless. He would sure make a great number two receiver but it was definitely worth getting a first rounder for him. The bigger question is where do we start in the offseason: O or D-Line?
                              Agree Drewpac. It would be Nice having a 10 TD, 1200 yard target but McGahee will be a better investment in the long haul.

Comment

Working...
                              X