PDA

View Full Version : Instant replay for college?

The_Philster
11-02-2003, 05:38 AM
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa., Nov. 1 – For Penn State, this one was especially tough to swallow.

The Nittany Lions (2-7, 0-5) played their best game of the season and held a six-point lead in the final quarter, but it was not meant to be as No. 7 Ohio State (8-1, 4-1) rallied for a late touchdown and a 21-20 victory behind backup quarterback Scott McMullen....

more (http://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=232786)

On a 3rd and 3 later in the drive, replays indicated that a pass to tight end Ben Hartsock hit the ground but officials credited Hartsock with a 4-yard catch.

“No catch, it did hit the ground,” said PSU senior linebacker Deryck Toles, who made the hit on Hartsock. “I saw it hit the ground, everybody else saw it hit the ground, but the refs didn’t see it hit the ground.”

I was watching the game...really couldn't be 100% sure on that ball...whether it was a catch or not.

R. Rich
11-05-2003, 12:55 PM
The biggest reason PSU lost to OSU? The lack of a 'killer' instinct, as in being able to 'kill' THE CLOCK!!!

27-33

What's that? The attempts and yards PSU ran for AS A TEAM!!! When you can play your absolute best game of the year, yet you can't kill the clock in the closing minutes when you have the lead, you're leaving the door open for the opponent. OSU walked right on through that door and went on to win.

The Spaz
11-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Yes I think there should be replay in everything it shows the truth although it is still judged by blindness so who knows!:)