PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Freeney

Ron C.
11-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Looks amazing at DE. 3 sacks (including 2 forced fumbles) to save Payton's bacon in a big win over Miami.

It's easy to look back at what might have been, but I remember on draft day talking about drafting McKinney or trading down for Freeney. Teams were looking to trade up for a shot at Roy Williams or one of the stud DTs. Kansas City did wind up trading with Dallas to move up to pick Ryan Sims. :sadwalk:

Although I do confess Mike Williams and Josh Reed in the first two rounds did look pretty good at the time. Also, many so called experts ridiculed Indy for reaching to pick Freeney at #11 overall. A draft of Freeney and Larry Tripplett (plus extra picks) would have been nice.

Oh well... just a little :type: time on my hands on this bye week Sunday.

ArcticWildMan
11-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Freeney was a huge gamble. He was undersized and didn't look like a good DE in the NFL.

Indy is lucky he panned out. He could have been a bust.

WG
11-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Brad Scioli was available in FAcy too. Lance Johnstone from Minnesota. There were quite a few players that we never even inquired to who are playing expectedly well.

I think those players were way too certain for TD. He enjoys some risk and potential downside w/ the players he picks up.

:D

Ed
11-02-2003, 05:18 PM
I gotta to see Freeney play in high school, he's been awesome at every level. With his speed, strength and production it's pretty ridiculous how many people were projecting him as a bust just because he lacked a couple inches in height compared to your prototypical DE. I'd love to have him on our team, he's awesome. That's definitely turning out to be one of the best picks of that draft class.