PDA

View Full Version : After watching Dallas today

Bufftp
11-02-2003, 06:46 PM
They can be had.

Quincy Carter 17/33 196 1-2, Hambrick fumbles twice though he gained 100 yards against (Dallas rushing total 148)Washington while Henry had 167 yards against the same defense.
Dallas only gave up 89 yards rushing to Washington but Spurrier ala Gilbride attempted 16 rushes to 24 passing attempts. The key run the Ball, stop the run and some pressure on Carter to force some mistakes.

Hopefully the week off has allowed some sense to seep into GW and KG.

socalfan
11-02-2003, 06:49 PM
I don't know Buff....Carter's numbers look the same week in and week out. I think they are going to be real tough. And you gotta believe that Parcells will be messing with Drew's head.

Bufftp
11-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
And you gotta believe that Parcells will be messing with Drew's head.

RUN THE BALL. RUN on first RUN on SECOND RUN on THIRD for the first three or four series. RUN RUN RUN. then pass.

Novacane
11-02-2003, 06:53 PM
I'm not to worried about thier offense but I still see us losing a close low scoring game. Parcells vs GW is where we have the huge disadvantage.

socalfan
11-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
RUN THE BALL. RUN on first RUN on SECOND RUN on THIRD for the first three or four series. RUN RUN RUN. then pass.

:D I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the Bills. Did you see that statistic in the Bflo News article......56 3rd downs this year between the 20s and the Bills passed on all 56!

Billzz
11-02-2003, 06:55 PM
That's great cept your probably not going to get 5 turnovers or whatever they had against them next week. They have 3 really good recievers and I seriously doubt we can cover everyone every down with NO PRESSURE on the QB.

Even if we do and Quincy breaks containment he can kill us with his legs even though he's not know for being a rushing QB. Who's assignment is it going to be when he runs? Fletcher? That's not exactly a great matchup for us.

Staying optimistic though since they have been pretty much anemic lately on offense that we can shut down the run and make a inexperienced QB throw some questionable passes and play to our strength. If he has to make quick descions I gurantee he's gonna throw some trash down the field.

Somone tell them to watch the Tampa Bay film please:)

Bufftp
11-02-2003, 06:56 PM
ITs time GW tells KG what to do regardles if he is TD's hire, its make or break for GW. RUN RUN RUN.

socalfan
11-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
ITs time GW tells KG what to do regardles if he is TD's hire, its make or break for GW. RUN RUN RUN.

Will that happen? It's more likely that GW will commit a Buddy Ryan type foul first.

WG
11-02-2003, 07:37 PM
All I know is that we may as well spot Dallas 14 points given the coaching mismatch.

As well, are we the team that couldn't score more than 3 points v. the Jets? 0 v. Miami? 3 v. KC? Dallas has a better D than at least two of those teams and Parcells wasn't exactly happy after today's debacle.

My thoughts after watching most of the Skins game today is that they are very much like we are. No pass rush, nominal rushing. Poor passing. They pass too much. The fact that Dallas had so many TOs today tells me it isn't going to happen again next week.

If we are to win we're gonna have to rely on our O to put some points on the board, and I wouldn't bet on that for anything. I'll be quite content if we can simply avoid TOs ourselves.

I'd love a win, but I see Dallas as the stronger team and after a game like this one today, I don't think that helps us. Normally a week off helps a team, but I don't think it's gonna make a daggoned bit of difference.

24-13 Dallas

Ebenezer
11-02-2003, 08:01 PM
coaching mismatch...Dallas will squeak one out because they are at home.

Dozerdog
11-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I'm not to worried about thier offense but I still see us losing a close low scoring game. Parcells vs GW is where we have the huge disadvantage.

I'nm not worried about our D vs almost anyone, bad week last week aside.

Dallas will send everyone against the QB. How we pick that up and counter it will determine win or loss.

WG
11-02-2003, 08:07 PM
That's a very good prediction. But giving what we know, what makes you think we'll do that?

loyal2dagame
11-02-2003, 08:37 PM
if we had just about any other coach, i'd agree that the bills WOULD win in big d.

but tuna is on a whole other level that g.w..... heck if you took all our coaches and made one super coach, tuna would still win the coaching battle. tuna outcoached us in the big dance, and will just bury g.w. & gilbride's playcalling.

player for player, there is no chance dallas is even close to us, but it seems to me that bad coaching will once again bring our allstar team down to the low levels we all know they can play to.

Dozerdog
11-02-2003, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the boards, loyal!

loyal2dagame
11-02-2003, 08:54 PM
thanks for the welcome

SABURZFAN
11-03-2003, 06:09 AM
dallas doesn't have that good of an OL.i think our defense can shut down the running game.carter can get easily rattled and become proned to mistakes.

there is one thing that i will predict in our game against dallas.

Gee Dubya will get thoroughly outcoached.

Valerie
11-03-2003, 06:44 AM
I agree that Dallas didn't look that great in the first half. Penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, interceptions. They were stinking up the joint. They should've easily had 14 points by the end of the first quarter! But, after halftime, they came out and were pumped! They looked pretty good in the second half. If they can come out strong next week and keep it going, I think they're going to roll over the Bills.

I didn't realize that their defense was ranked #1.

justasportsfan
11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I agree that Dallas didn't look that great in the first half. Penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, interceptions. They were stinking up the joint. They should've easily had 14 points by the end of the first quarter! But, after halftime, they came out and were pumped! They looked pretty good in the second half. If they can come out strong next week and keep it going, I think they're going to roll over the Bills.

I didn't realize that their defense was ranked #1.

Hey Jaded, who are you pulling for for the bills-coboys game?

I think we will beat the cowboys . When our players are focused , we can easily be the best team in the ACE. We will come out of the bye week hot and then back to the coaching problems.

Valerie
11-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan Hey Jaded, who are you pulling for for the bills-coboys game?
I plead the 5th!:gag:

justasportsfan
11-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Toby Keith is a bills fan