PDA

View Full Version : We are only one game out of the Wild Card

Bufftp
11-02-2003, 07:07 PM
well at the half way mark we are one game out of a wild ard spot. (can change depending on mon. night)

Tennessee 6 -2
Denver 5 -3
Miami 5 -3
Buffalo 4 -4

Billzz
11-02-2003, 07:13 PM
Second half of the season is when Playoff teams are made. Injuries, hot streaks and schedules will determine it but it's hard to make that assumption with current stats.

I like your thinking though:)

Dozerdog
11-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Makes Monday night a tough game to root for-

Pats win, we are way out of the division- which statistically is our best playoff shot. Denver losing brings them closer to us in the WC hunt.

Denver Win puts the Pats within striking distance.

Billzz
11-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Unless the pats choke the last 8 games and drop like 5. I would still like for the Pats to lose, hope for the best prepare for the worst I guess. I dont' see us getting a WC right now so just shooting for the division win:)

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Makes Monday night a tough game to root for-

Pats win, we are way out of the division- which statistically is our best playoff shot. Denver losing brings them closer to us in the WC hunt.

Denver Win puts the Pats within striking distance.
ALWAYS root for a non-divisional team. We'd rather win the division than get a wildcard.

WG
11-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Poor Bills fans, in a state of denial...

:D

WG
11-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
well at the half way mark we are one game out of a wild ard spot. (can change depending on mon. night)

Tennessee 6 -2
Denver 5 -3
Miami 5 -3
Buffalo 4 -4

"We are only one game out of the Wild Card "

Since we can't seem to beat any teams above .500 at year's end, we won't own any tiebreakers.

socalfan
11-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
ALWAYS root for a non-divisional team. We'd rather win the division than get a wildcard.

Definately, it might even give us at least one game on home field.

WG
11-02-2003, 07:49 PM
I wanna know what's in the BZ koolaid...!!!

Dozerdog
11-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Wys- you are a piece of work

We are trying to root for our team to get to the playoffs and you still feel the need to belittle those who try to look at the possibilities, as slim as they may be.

Can i borrow one of your phrases?

Unbeleivable! :dizzy:

WG
11-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Only if you spell it properly....

:D

I'm not belittling anyone, I'm merely having some fun.

But honestly, everyone's talking as if our losses have been squeakers when we've gotten our asses handed to us and have shown absolutely nothing indicative that we even have a prayer against 5 or 6 teams remaining on our schedule.

Ironically, one of the handful of posters posting regularly looking forward to next season over the last few weeks of the season when it's plainly obvious that we aren't close to the team that many think we are, will be me. Talking optimistically of next season insofar as what we can do to improve.

Heck, I say we start making tons of waves so that anyone logging on here from OBD will see that the fans mean business. Instead, they'll log on, think that the fans are still behind Drew as long as we replace 7 of the 10 guys around him. They'll think we support LeBeau, when in fact we might, but just as I screamed that Gilbride sucked and laid out all the evidence for it, evidence that's only now appearing here and in the media long after the fact, and long after "in time" to avoid disaster, we're failing to look at! Namely that he SUCKED both as a HC or DC. Yet, you're leading the charge, based on what I have no idea, to the notion that he can be good. Why? WoE are you basing that on?

All this nonsense about LeBeau, he FAILED at Cincy! Hello, this just in!

What, TD says! I think TD's pretty much worn out his credibility in many fans eyes w/ the selection of Gilbride to begin with, wouldn't you? Williams? Need I say more?

Bledsoe, yeah, he's lookin' like a real steal for our precious first rounder last year, a pick that we surely could have used to draft a lineman or Fain which we would have been able to do!

WG
11-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Fire Gilbride, Fire GW, Fire LeBeau!

In fact, if there's any hesitation on TD's part to get rid of Gilbride, then fire TD too and replace him w/ Modrak. That's what we really need for our GM as long as we get a good coach anyway.

But I'm not gonna sit here and pretend we have a shot at anything other than 3-5 at best barring some unusual circumstances that wouldn't speak to our being good, only to the woes of other teams that while they may "help us make the playoffs", would be no more indicative that we have a good team than TD's inane drivel comments.

Bufftp
11-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Can i borrow one of your phrases?

Unbeleivable! :dizzy:
Indeed!

SABURZFAN
11-03-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I wanna know what's in the BZ koolaid...!!!

:monkey:

does that answer your question?:snicker2: