• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Drew's Season so far:

There has been only one season in which Drew has started w/ such a bang and that was the '97 season. He started that season w/ 1,070 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, 7.93 ypa, 60% compl.

This year he has 1,345 yards, 10 TDs, 2 INTs, 8.15 ypa, 70.3% compl., and a rating of 109.8.

I think Drew's having a better year this year in spite of the extra TDs. He's on an entirely new team as well which makes it all that much more impressive.

Also, in '97 he only had 16 more TDs the entire season. I think he can do that w/ his eyes closed in the remaining 12 games here. I'm looking for another 24 for 34 total, or more.

I guess what impresses me the most is his INT totals. It will be incredible if he can have a 2.0+ TD/INT ratio. Right now it's 5/1.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

I think we need a bandwagon icon for Wys to jump on.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

you mean this one?
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Great post Wys

What surprises me is how the league is now looking at Price and Moulds as one of the better recieving tandems around.

We knew that all the time, they just needed someone to get them the ball. They have always made great grabs. Now that Drew is tossing to them, the rest of the world is paying attention to us.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• JayWood
          The Professor
          • Jul 2002

After the game that Brady had yesterday people down here in Patriots country are starting to question the Bledsoe trade once again...man I love it!!
          When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• itsandthings
            • Sep 2002

Bledsoe has generally been a fast-starter, other than 2000 when he had a crap team around him.

In 1999:

Bledsoe led the Pats to a 3-1 start while going 97-for-146 (66.4%), 1,265 Yds (8.66 Yds/Att), 6 TD, 1 Int, 104.4 QB Rating.

In 1998:

Bledsoe led the Pats to a 4-1 start while going 91-for-152 (59.9%), 1,300 Yds (8.55 Yds/Att), 8 TD, 3 Int, 96.9 QB Rating.

1997:

Bledsoe led the Pats to a 4-0 start while going 81-for-135 (60.0%), 1,070 Yds (7.93 Yds/Att), 12 TD, 3 Int, 105.5 QB Rating.

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

Welcome to the Zone it!!!

So what are ya saying...?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• itsandthings
                • Sep 2002

There is no questioning Brady by any sane Patriots fan. The kid is the real deal, is 25 years old and already has a Super Bowl victory. He has established himself as a leader already and has a bright future. It is kind of funny, Brady had the kind of game against San Diego that Bledsoe used to get criticized for, which is that he put up real good numbers but threw a couple of interceptions trying to force the ball downfield when he didn't have to.

However, Brady doesn't often make those kind of mistakes. You have to remember he is 25 years old with 21 games of NFL experience. It isn't really a good comparison to Bledsoe, who has been in the NFL for over 9 seasons and started 127 games. Brady is already a very good QB, and will get better with experience.

I like Drew and wish him well. I think Buffalo is a good fit for him because of the offense they run and the talent at WR. I have seen him play at a high level before and never questioned the fact he is a good QB. If I had to vote right now, he would be my pick for MVP of the NFL. However, I would not trade him for Brady.

Comment

• itsandthings
                  • Sep 2002

Wys, I am not saying anything. However, you stated that Bledsoe is off to his best start since 1997, when in fact he is off to his best start since 1999. Taking nothing away from the way Drew has played thus far, he has been lights out.

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

best start after 4 games since?
                    1997 qb rating 105.5
                    1998 qb rating 96.9
                    1999 qb rating 104.4

cuurent 2002 109.8 best start since before 1997?
                    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                    to be led by permanent ideals -
                    that is what keeps a man patient
                    when the world ignores him,
                    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

its,

This is an uphill battle for ya my friend. I've got Drew's stats ingrained in my brain. I took enough money off of my Pats bud over the past 5 years or so on lame Drew wagers that it would have been enough for a downpayment on a car lease.

During his career, here are the numbers of TDs, INTs, Yards, for his first 4 games: (I'll start in '96 since they were 0 TDs in '95)

'96: 5, 3, 908
                      '97: 12, 3, 1,070
                      '98: 5, 3, 1,074
                      '99: 6, 1, 1,261
                      '00: 3, 2, 796

This season he has:

'02: 10, 2, 1,349 coupled w/ the highest rating that I think he's ever had over 4 games.

Anyway, '02 is better than all of those years w/ the possible exception of '97 as stated and which is arguable although based on the way he's actually playing, I am seeing that he's quite a bit better than he was even in '97.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Drew will finish in the high 4,000s and have 32-36 TDs is my guess. Hopefully he'll have less than 10 INTs but less than 16 or so would be most acceptible.

It's the lack of errors, key ones, that have made me say that Drew's playing the best ball of his career now. You should know what I mean if you've watched him over the years.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Guys...isn't it true that Drew is at the prime of his career? I always thought that QBs are at their best when they are 30. They have the arm, plus have all the vet experience and are wiser than they were earlier in their career. Don't u think?

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Sep 2002

Good Work on The Stats -- Wys

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            its,

This is an uphill battle for ya my friend. I've got Drew's stats ingrained in my brain. I took enough money off of my Pats bud over the past 5 years or so on lame Drew wagers that it would have been enough for a downpayment on a car lease.

During his career, here are the numbers of TDs, INTs, Yards, for his first 4 games: (I'll start in '96 since they were 0 TDs in '95)

'96: 5, 3, 908
                            '97: 12, 3, 1,070
                            '98: 5, 3, 1,074
                            '99: 6, 1, 1,261
                            '00: 3, 2, 796

This season he has:

'02: 10, 2, 1,349 coupled w/ the highest rating that I think he's ever had over 4 games.

Anyway, '02 is better than all of those years w/ the possible exception of '97 as stated and which is arguable although based on the way he's actually playing, I am seeing that he's quite a bit better than he was even in '97.

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla *****
                              • Jul 2002

i haven't been this psyched to be a Bills fan since the Kelly era.
                              Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Comment

Working...
                              X