PDA

View Full Version : I am officially calling out Sam Gash

OpIv37
11-02-2003, 09:15 PM
So our O-line blows and one guy can't make up for it entirely, but he said himself that he's like a lineman who gets a running start. Why can't he break Henry for one or two a game or buy Drew an extra second when it counts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing Sam Gash lay anyone out all season. During his first tour of duty with the Bills, he was a wrecking ball in cleats.

If this team is going to make something happen over the next 8 games, Drew is the key to the offense. But with the O line playing so poorly, he'll need Gash to start cracking some skulls.

EM Bills Fan 80
11-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing Sam Gash lay anyone out all season.

Thats cause he doesnt have the chance to because that :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Genius Gilbride never puts him in the game!

Dozerdog
11-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Gilbride puts him in motion, puts him out in the flat to catch passes, even hands off to him once in a while- but consistently fails to call power running plays with him as a lead blocker.

It's not Sam's fault they go 3rd and 1 with an empty backfield all the time.

socalfan
11-02-2003, 09:25 PM
If they start making Sam feel at home and not like he is playing on a finess team, then we should see big things from him.

OpIv37
11-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Well I guess we're right back where we started. This isn't supposed to be the finesse offense that it was last year (ie Gash instead of Centers) but KG is still calling plays like it is.

The empty backfield on 3rd and short worked for the first half of last year, but now every beer-gutted armchair quarterback in the country knows how to defend it.

Maybe it's not all Sam's fault, but I still think he needs to make it count on the few opportunities he gets.

WG
11-02-2003, 09:43 PM
As long as Gilbride is even on the staff count on more of the same. Gilbride simply doesn't believe in good old fashioned running the ball. What you need is a cross in mentality between Pendry and Gilbride, throw in a dose of common sense, and you'd have a heck-of-a-coach, eh. LOL

socalfan
11-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Or mixing a Saban with a Galbride!

Stewie
11-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Hey if the Bills are down and out, they should put a 1-900 number up on the screen.. The highest bidder gets to call the plays. I'd mortgage your house to do that!!

socalfan
11-02-2003, 09:59 PM
No, that sounds too much like the strategy that Miami uses in home games.

helmetguy
11-02-2003, 11:20 PM
Is Chuck Knox still alive?

ChuckKnoxRocks!
11-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Hell yeah!

Dozerdog
11-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Welcome to posting, Chuck!

helmetguy
11-02-2003, 11:43 PM
Solution to problem: GROUND CHUCK!

SABURZFAN
11-03-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Solution to problem: GROUND CHUCK!

for chrissakes.....isn't he older than marv levy?

Skip Towne
11-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Gash did lay out the Chiefs LB Maslowski. And that ain't easy to do.

justasportsfan
11-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Gash is the least of the problems surrounding our O woes.Play calling , Mike W., Ruben Brown, Pucillo, Drew. Look into those problems first before you even get to Gash.

Sorry, Gash is not a problem IMO.

zone
11-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Yea he gave Maslowski mild head Trauma

Also he can't block if they don't run, and KG has him lined up in the slot.

TedMock
11-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Actually, Gash has put 1 player out of every single game this season. That's 8 people he's injured in some way. For the first 6 weeks he was crushing people and Henry was bouncing outside. Henry's followed him the last 2 weeks on most of the plays he's in. Having said that, Gash isn't in the backfield all that much. He's either lined up in the slot or on the sideline on 2nd and 2. Brilliance! j/k. He's one of, if not the best blocking backs in the league, he lays people out every game yet he's only in less than half the offensive snaps.

OpIv37
11-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Gash is the least of the problems surrounding our O woes.Play calling , Mike W., Ruben Brown, Pucillo, Drew. Look into those problems first before you even get to Gash.

Sorry, Gash is not a problem IMO.

I'm not saying Gash is the problem or even part of the problem- I'm saying he's in a position to make a much needed contribution (if Gilbride lets him).

stuckincincy
11-04-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Skip Towne
Gash did lay out the Chiefs LB Maslowski. And that ain't easy to do.

Former bill Jeff Burris cb - CIN got a nasty concussion tryin' to tackle Gash. Burris got dinged again against AZ...his 5th. concussion.

He's a decent guy. Only a so-so cb these days, tho.

I think he should hang it up.

BTW Bryson and Gary combined for 99 yds in the Lions win over Oak. Bryson also caught 4 for 32.