PDA

View Full Version : What if we do make the playoffs?

OpIv37
11-02-2003, 09:19 PM
Yes, I know it's a long shot but it's still mathematically possible. So if GW and KG get this thing back on track and Buffalo makes the playoffs, should we still give 'em the boot?

Or is it a moot point because there's no way TD will ever fire coaches who made the playoffs?

Dozerdog
11-02-2003, 09:31 PM
He'd have to make one hell of a run.

If he was able to string together 9-10 wins out of the next 12 maybe- MAYBE. it depends on if the major problems - like no running game, horrid play selection, you name it were corrected.

They aren't going if they aren't addressed

WG
11-02-2003, 09:54 PM
If we make the playoffs you can fully expect a Miami-type first round rout. This team doesn't have the makeup to compete in them at present. Coaching, Drew, OL, DL.

Pride
11-03-2003, 07:22 AM
We arent making the playoffs... dont even bother worrying bout this.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Pride
We arent making the playoffs... dont even bother worrying bout this.

ditto

zone
11-03-2003, 07:46 AM
This is not imposible, if they play the way they played the first 2 games of the year.

I still think KG is out no matter what.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by OpIv37
. So if GW and KG get this thing back on track and

Greg Williams has a 2 1/2 year record being a bad headcoach.

Gilbride has 15 yr record being a moron OC(see yesterdays Buffalo news)

They are not going to become good coachs over a bye week.

IHateTheDullphins
11-03-2003, 07:58 AM
playoffs? what playoffs?

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 08:04 AM
LONG SHOT!!!!!!!!

YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE!!!!!

FACTS:

WE ARE 1, YES 1 GAME OUT OF A PLAYOFF SPOT WITH 8 TO GO!

WE ARE 2 GAMES BEHIND NE AND WE HAVE BEAT THEM!

NE IS LOADED WITH INJURIES AND IS WINNING GAMES WITH SMOKE AND MIRRORS!

MIAMI LOOKS JUST PLAIN AVERAGE!

THE ENTIRE AFC NORTH IS TERRIBLE. (LAST WEEK BALTIMORE WAS NO GOOD, BUT THIS WEEK PEOPLE WILL LOOK AT THE 5-3 RECORD AND THING THEY'RE FOR REAL! THEY'RE NOT, THEY STINK)

DENVER IS DOWN TO THIER 3RD STRING QB! THIS TEAM COULD VERY EASILY FALL RIGHT OUT OF THE RACE!

NYJ, CINCY, CLEVELAND, PITTS, HOU, JAX, SD AND OAK ALL STINK!

THAT LEAVES 8 TEAMS!
MIAMI IS 1-2 IN THIER LAST 3 AND HEADING TOWARD ANOTHER MELTDOWN!

DENVER WITH THIER 3RD STRINGER,

NE IS AN AVERAGE TEAM!

BALTIMORE IS TERRIBLE BUT WILL WIN THE NORTH!

BUFFALO HAS THE 4TH BEST DEFENSE AND WILL PLAY 6 OF THIER LAST 7 GAMES IN COLD WEATHER!

INDY, TENN AND KC ARE THE ONLY TEAMS THAT LOOK FOR REAL AND SHOULD EASILY GLIDE INTO THE PLAYOFFS!

THIS WAS WRITTEN NOT TO SAY THAT WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! THIS WAS WRITTEN TELL YOU PEOPLE TO GET A GRIP ON REALITY AND ENJOY THE LAST 8 GAMES!

CHRIST!

Valerie
11-03-2003, 08:11 AM
No need to yell, Patrick. lol I don't think the Bills are going to make the playoffs, but I will enjoy the last 8 games. :) Hopefully in the off-season they'll work on getting real coaches.

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 08:14 AM
So you're all saying that the top 6 teams after 9 weeks will be the top 6 teams after 17 weeks?

If so we should just stop the season now!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 08:15 AM
You say NE is an average team Patrick but they are not playing like it. The only way we get in IMO is to win our division and I see no way we can overtake NE. They get a huge break playing a QBless Denver team tonight and will probably win what I would have earlier counted as a lose for them.

Are the Bills mathmatically right in it? SURE! But greg williams and KG are still the same guys they have been. If you think that these 2 are going to make sudden change from thier years of trackrecord than maybe you are the one that needs to get a grip on reality.

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 08:22 AM
That’s such a loser mentality!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
So you're all saying that the top 6 teams after 9 weeks will be the top 6 teams after 17 weeks?

If so we should just stop the season now!

Of course it's not definate. Why always a sarcastic answer?

The chances are good the top 6 will stay the same.

KC...........will win west
Balt.......will win north only because the rest suck
South........barring a catastrophe Ten/Indy will both make the playoffs and leave only 1 WC for us to fight for.
East............I think NE will take it. They kept right on winning through thier injuries and now they are starting to get healthy. You may think they are average but the results are proving differant.

That leaves us fighting for 1 spot with a bunch of other average teams. Yeah..............we could get in but with GW and KG here the chances go way down!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 08:30 AM
That’s such a loser mentality!

Why do you have to be so damn arrogant and label people when they see things differant than you?

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 08:40 AM
So why give up? Why have that attitude!

I think it's my "old-timer buffalonian let-down theory"

I've been working on it for quite some time.

I’ve seen it for years, in all of my family and most of my friends. When, as Bills fans, we hit a certain age, and get sick of the every year let down, we seem to lose our hope! Instead of building up false hope year after year, we decide it would just be easier to write if off at the first sign of failure! Then if the Bills do happen to fail, we were prepared for it! And if the Bills do happen to do well, we’re still here!

I have an uncle who will be saying “How bout dem Cowboys” all week! But if you watch the game with him, he’ll be living and dying with the Bills on every snap!

I haven’t hit that age yet and I’m fighting the transformation. But every year I can feel aspects of it coming into my life!

Now I know you’ll say that this isn’t you and that’s fine!

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Cause it's true!

You people give up half way to the finish line!

I NEVER give up! Go back and look at any of the games I've played on this site, I fight and bite and scratch my way right up until the moment that it's officially over! That’s just my style and I guess I just can't understand people that quit!

saviorbledsoe
11-03-2003, 08:52 AM
Told you they were all a bunch of quitters

unbelievable how people think on this site.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Your wrong. Giving up would be saying hell with it..........I'm not gonna watch the games or bother going to BZ and talking about the Bills. I'm not gonna hope they win in fact I hope they lose so they can get a higher draft pick and GW will for sure be fired. Than I can start liking them again next year.

THATS GIVING UP!

I will still watch them, I will still pull for them, I am still here talking about them. I will still get sick to my stomach Sunday mornings and can't eat because I'm so damn worked up over the game.

I just don't have faith that GW and KG are going to do a 180 from what they have been. Thats not a sign of a loser mentality. That called being realistic.

This attitude of people bragging that they are better fans because they don't critisize is really getting old. It's a immature attitude to have.

TigerJ
11-03-2003, 08:57 AM
I don't let my feelings about coaches get in the way of my team loyalty. If Buffalo wins with the current makeup and the coaches stay another year, so be it. I'm fine with that. I think the Bills need a 6-2 record in the second half to have a realistic shot. That means they have to discover a consistency that has thus far eluded them. If they discover that in the second half, that is a breakthough that could carry through into next season.

I have to say it would surprise me.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Told you they were all a bunch of quitters

unbelievable how people think on this site.

I see we have another "I'm a TRUE fan" poster here.

You guys are :laughter:

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Don't get me wrong, there is a VERY good chance that you guys will be right! But I'm not ready to give up!

The way I see it is that 8 teams have a shot at the 6 playoff spots. A few others could make a run, but for the most part, it's an 8 team race. 9 wins should get you in! If we can go 5-3, we'll have a shot!

W @Dal, Hou, Ind or @NYG, NYJ, Miami, and we could be in!

If we pull out one more, it's a slam dunk!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ

I have to say it would surprise me.

Than by Patricks, BF1, and SB'sdefiniton you are not a TRUE fan.

saviorbledsoe
11-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I'm not gonna hope they win in fact I hope they lose so they can get a higher draft pick and GW will for sure be fired. Than I can start liking them again next year.

Sounds like sticking with your team to me :)

Playoffs started today we would be in last I heard.

you suck dude. big time

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:08 AM
When did I ever say that you weren't a true fan?

Point it out and post it right below this post!

It'll take awhile I know, BECAUSE I NEVER SAID IT!

But I did say you fell into my "old-timer buffalonian let-down theory"

I did a whole post about it. The guys who love the team but let on that they gave up so as not to be as upset when and if they are let down.

I did the whole story about my uncle. I actually have 2 uncles like this! They love the team. But they give up easily.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:09 AM

Sounds like sticking with your team to me :)

you suck dude. big time

Try reading the post so you don't make yourself look stupid.

Your reading comprehension sucks...........big time

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:12 AM
I actually have 2 uncles like this! They love the team. But they give up easily.

I am saying this for the last time. I have not given up. you are right..................the teams we are competing with for the last WC are no better than us except they are 5-3. We could still get in. I know that. I just would not bet on it.

saviorbledsoe
11-03-2003, 09:13 AM

Try reading the post so you don't make yourself look stupid.

Your reading comprehension sucks...........big time

NO I COMPREHANDED IT ........YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP ON THIS YEAR.....RIGHT?????? DOES THAT NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE QUITTING? DO WE HAVE TO LOOK UP GIVING UP AND QUITTING IN THE DICTIONARY AND PUT 2+2 TOGETHER FOR YOUR

edited by Mods

BillsNick
11-03-2003, 09:13 AM
:movie: hey are we Philly fans?

saviorbledsoe
11-03-2003, 09:14 AM

I am saying this for the last time. I have not given up. you are right..................the teams we are competing with for the last WC are no better than us except they are 5-3. We could still get in. I know that. I just would not bet on it.

you said you HOPE THEY DONT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that not giving up???????????????????

pathetic numbnuts

Pride
11-03-2003, 09:14 AM
I can understand the fail now, so we improve in the future.

I think everyone can admit we have 0% shot at winning the super bowl.

So, if we have no shot at winning at all, why would we want an "average" season?

We obviously arent growing at this point, we are backpedaling. So, time to cut our losses, fire the coaches, sign some OL and DL help, and come back next year firing on all cylinders.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:15 AM

You heard wrong. What are you doing home today. Teachers in service day?

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Fine, but that's what I'm saying!

I guess it’s just the word “quit”! it’s just too strong of a word! Nobody wants to be labeled as a quiter!

Bills fans get so sick of the let down that they build themselves up for it and prepare for it, so that when it does come it’s not as tough to deal with!

saviorbledsoe
11-03-2003, 09:17 AM
0 % chance at the superbowl????????????? lolololol

just like NE the other year after being 1 and 4 to start?

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:19 AM

you said you HOPE THEY DONT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that not giving up???????????????????

pathetic numbnuts

Try reading it again genius. Than go get a dictionary and look up sarcasm.

saviorbledsoe
11-03-2003, 09:20 AM

Try reading it again genius. Than go get a dictionary and look up sarcasm.

anyone can regret something they say and then try to cover up by saying it was sarcasm. that was NOT sarcasm. if it was a pathetic attempt at it you better take sarcasm 101 idiot.

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:22 AM
I can understand the fail now, so we improve in the future.

I think everyone can admit we have 0% shot at winning the super bowl.

So, if we have no shot at winning at all, why would we want an "average" season?

We obviously arent growing at this point, we are backpedaling. So, time to cut our losses, fire the coaches, sign some OL and DL help, and come back next year firing on all cylinders.

Why take a step back?

The Titans went 8-8 for 3 years in a row and since then they’ve been one of the leagues dominate teams.

Everybody falls in love the big “3 year plan” but it’s not always that nice and neat. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 years! I never find it acceptable to lose!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:26 AM

anyone can regret something they say and then try to cover up by saying it was sarcasm. that was NOT sarcasm. if it was a pathetic attempt at it you better take sarcasm 101 idiot.

Ok............since it is obvious your elevator does not go to the top floor I will explain it to you.

Here is my post..................I know it's very hard but please read the very first sentence where I said "Giving up would be"

Your wrong. Giving up would be saying hell with it..........I'm not gonna watch the games or bother going to BZ and talking about the Bills. I'm not gonna hope they win in fact I hope they lose so they can get a higher draft pick and GW will for sure be fired. Than I can start liking them again next year.

THATS GIVING UP!

I will still watch them, I will still pull for them, I am still here talking about them. I will still get sick to my stomach Sunday mornings and can't eat because I'm so damn worked up over the game.

I just don't have faith that GW and KG are going to do a 180 from what they have been. Thats not a sign of a loser mentality. That called being realistic.

This attitude of people bragging that they are better fans because they don't critisize is really getting old. It's a immature attitude to have.

Now hurry and get back to the TV. Barney comes on at 10:30!

Earthquake Enyart
11-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Fine, but that's what I'm saying!

I guess it’s just the word “quit”! it’s just too strong of a word! Nobody wants to be labeled as a quiter!

Bills fans get so sick of the let down that they build themselves up for it and prepare for it, so that when it does come it’s not as tough to deal with!

You should try living around Cub fans. :puke:

I'm with you Pat. NE had all they could handle with freaking Cleveland at home. If Denver had a QB, they smash NE tonight, but whichever way the game goes, it helps us.

The 2nd place guy in the Indy / Tenn division gets one wild card. Denver, Miami, and the Bills are in line for the other. If NE loses, we are closer to the division lead. If Denver loses, we close in on teh wild card.

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Is it possible for NE to lose in Denver tonight?

Is it possible for Miami to lose in Tenn next week?

Is it possible for us to beat Dallas next week?

If yes, then the AFC East will look like this next week:

NE 6-3
Buf 5-4
Mia 5-4

Now that doesn't look so bad!

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:31 AM
I'm with you EE, I'm trying to figure out who I want to win tonight!

If Plummer is out long term, Denver's done!

Miami has started the yearly fade!

if those teams our the competition for the last spot, then I gotta tell you, I feel good!

saviorbledsoe
11-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Is it possible for NE to lose in Denver tonight?

Is it possible for Miami to lose in Tenn next week?

Is it possible for us to beat Dallas next week?

If yes, then the AFC East will look like this next week:

NE 6-3
Buf 5-4
Mia 5-4

Now that doesn't look so bad!

come on patrick, we can NEVER win .....we have 0% chance of winning because of the coaches.....and this season is over.....ill still go to the games and post on this board but i am the guy that goes to the games and wears a bag on his head.

(The Preceding was SARCASM)!!!!!!!!!!

saviorbledsoe
11-03-2003, 09:36 AM
I got to get back to work now Negative Nancy (aka Fairway) so I will leave you get back to your job "Self Employed" aka welfare.

Tata

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:38 AM
I'm with you EE, I'm trying to figure out who I want to win tonight!

Not hard for me. Go Denver! No way I could enjoy that game if i was rooting for NE!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:40 AM
I got to get back to work now Negative Nancy (aka Fairway) so I will leave you get back to your job "Self Employed" aka welfare.

Tata

I bet I pay more taxes than your entire salary nimrod!

Pride
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
we can NEVER win .....we have 0% chance of winning because of the coaches.....and this season is over.....ill still go to the games and post on this board but i am the guy that goes to the games and wears a bag on his head.

That's funny... if you would have been serious, you would have been just like me.

I have no faith our coaches can get us to the playoffs. We have talent that we should be undefeated (or at least 7-1). We are wasting 1 year from everyone on our team. Pissing money and age away on boneheaded coaches.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:52 AM

That's funny... if you would have been serious, you would have been just like me.

I have no faith our coaches can get us to the playoffs. We have talent that we should be undefeated (or at least 7-1). We are wasting 1 year from everyone on our team. Pissing money and age away on boneheaded coaches.

You're not a "true" fan :cynic:

BillsNick
11-03-2003, 09:53 AM
:movie:

zone
11-03-2003, 10:00 AM
So what are you sugesting we purposely lose games at 4-4!!!!?What is wrong with some of you?

Novacane
11-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by BillsNick
:movie:

How's the popcorn? Enjoying the show so far. Act 2 will begin as soon as stupidbledsoe.................err..........I mean saviourbledsoe returns.:D

BillsNick
11-03-2003, 10:02 AM
I hate to interupt here, but we are most certainly going to make the playoffs. this non-stop bickering is doing no good, so might as well stop it, cuz we will be playing in the post season. the second half is going to be magic...trust me......

Novacane
11-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by zone
So what are you sugesting we purposely lose games at 4-4!!!!?What is wrong with some of you?

I did not suggest that. Don't tell me you did not read the "giving up would be" part of my post either?

Brian Griese Rulz
11-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by OpIv37

Or is it a moot point because there's no way TD will ever fire coaches who made the playoffs?

Didn't Wade make the playoff's? He still got fired.

zone
11-03-2003, 10:09 AM
wasn't talking to you stupid.

I was directing it at Pride.

Pride
11-03-2003, 10:16 AM

Please refrain from personal attacks... :cynic:

As for me... I gave up on the coaching staff after the Miami game. I want them all gone, and I am not so sure it will happen if we go 9-7 and skip into the playoffs and get shut out in round 1.

I am looking forward to the next 5 years, not just the second half of this season.

We have too much talent to waste again next year.

If TD said, GW and KG will be fired after the season no matter what, then yes, I would want teh bills to win out... but until GW proves to me he can coach, and until KG proves he can run the ball when it matters (3rd and 2 inside the 20), then I wont believe we are going anywhere but mediocrity.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 10:20 AM

I was directing it at Pride.

Ok................saviorbledsoe signs out and logs in under his other name zone!

I did not insult you. Why do you have to try and start crap?

Novacane
11-03-2003, 10:22 AM

As for me... I gave up on the coaching staff after the Miami game. I want them all gone, and I am not so sure it will happen if we go 9-7 and skip into the playoffs and get shut out in round 1.

I think GW and KG will both still be fired if that happens.

zone
11-03-2003, 01:19 PM
FTG i'm not saviorbledsoe....

Just messing with you because of those threads. I just thought it was funny he was getting all pissed at you when he miss read your post.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Oh.......OK.....sorry.........................he had me a little pissed this morning

The_Philster
11-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick
I hate to interupt here, but we are most certainly going to make the playoffs. this non-stop bickering is doing no good, so might as well stop it, cuz we will be playing in the post season. the second half is going to be magic...trust me......

I don't see it happening under this coaching staff but I'd love to be proven wrong.

helmetguy
11-03-2003, 04:28 PM
With this coaching staff, making the playoffs is as likely as a dozen monkeys flying outa Mikey's ass!

BillsOverDolphins
11-03-2003, 04:31 PM
we aren't making the playoffs...bank on it

helmetguy
11-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
we aren't making the playoffs...bank on it

Geez! And I wanted to see Mikey's "monkeys out the ass" trick! BUMMER!

Thanks, BOD! Killjoy!

j/k

Dozerdog
11-03-2003, 04:51 PM
OK-

Saviorbledsoe and FTG- the two of you are officially warned- No more displays of calling each other *******s, idiots, stupid, dumb, or any other insults.

:shake: shake hands, we're all Bills fans. Take it to PM's if ya want o play dirty.

BillsOverDolphins
11-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

Geez! And I wanted to see Mikey's "monkeys out the ass" trick! BUMMER!

Thanks, BOD! Killjoy!

j/k
watch Bruce Almighty, not only will you see the trick, but it takes place in Buffalo

helmetguy
11-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Somehow, that doesn't seem quite the same, but I'll take your advice. I've been meaning to see that flick.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
OK-

Saviorbledsoe and FTG- the two of you are officially warned- No more displays of calling each other *******s, idiots, stupid, dumb, or any other insults.

:shake: shake hands, we're all Bills fans. Take it to PM's if ya want o play dirty.

Would have never happened if someone could read.

LtBillsFan66
11-04-2003, 10:04 AM
So why give up? Why have that attitude!

I think it's my "old-timer buffalonian let-down theory"

I've been working on it for quite some time.

I’ve seen it for years, in all of my family and most of my friends. When, as Bills fans, we hit a certain age, and get sick of the every year let down, we seem to lose our hope! Instead of building up false hope year after year, we decide it would just be easier to write if off at the first sign of failure! Then if the Bills do happen to fail, we were prepared for it! And if the Bills do happen to do well, we’re still here!

I have an uncle who will be saying “How bout dem Cowboys” all week! But if you watch the game with him, he’ll be living and dying with the Bills on every snap!

I haven’t hit that age yet and I’m fighting the transformation. But every year I can feel aspects of it coming into my life!

Now I know you’ll say that this isn’t you and that’s fine!

Keep fighting the fight my man. I'm there with you.

Earthquake Enyart
11-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
With this coaching staff, making the playoffs is as likely as a dozen monkeys flying outa Mikey's ass!

No wonder he is such a :bigmike2: