PDA

View Full Version : Bears Post Game Radio

Earthquake Enyart
09-30-2002, 12:12 PM
To a man, the Bears were stunned.

It looks like a few wounds were opened up, regarding how hard the A Train runs, the play of the LT Robertson who was replaced during the game, and , gulp, even the play of Jim Miller.

Greg Blache, the DC said that 2 guys weren't doing their jobs,and that injuries are not an excuse. Also a lot of fingerpointing at John Schoop's (the OC) playcalling.

Dave Duerson from the Super Bowl Bears was one who was screaming down the stretch last year for the Bears to get Drew, was crying about how a #1 was a bargain. He was calling for Chandler to play.

Not one ounce of credit to the Bills for being the better team.

Ebenezer
09-30-2002, 12:17 PM
typical of so many broadcasters in many cities.

bduff54
09-30-2002, 12:23 PM
lol, when did any of us give the broncos credit? fans will always look to blame there own team before giving credit to the others.

Judge
09-30-2002, 12:25 PM
I thought Miller was 1 of the few Bears who played well, actually. He kept them in it after the Bills derailed the A-Train.

The Bills took it to the Bears- exposed them as an also-ran.

Earthquake Enyart
09-30-2002, 12:28 PM
When the Bears blocked that FG, I thought, those SOB's are gonna steal this game. That's how they have been the last year and a half. Then they won the toss in OT, and I thought, here we go. I don't think enough credit has been given to the Bills D for that 3 and out in OT.

Pandaman
09-30-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Judge
I thought Miller was 1 of the few Bears who played well, actually. He kept them in it after the Bills derailed the A-Train.

The Bills took it to the Bears- exposed them as an also-ran.

He looked like Kordell Stewart for a while there, but woke up in the 2nd half when Chris Watson backed off of Booker.

TigerJ
09-30-2002, 01:44 PM
For the most part, you're probably right Bduff, but I try to be gracious and congratulate the winner when Buffalo loses.

Gunzlingr
09-30-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
typical of so many broadcasters in many cities.

I know coming back from Minneapolis after the Bills/Vikes game, the radio guys were saying how great the Vike's D was and how they shut down the run.

A caller from Eden Prairie called in and asked how such a great D could give up 45 points, and 463 yards passing. Then he commented that they didn't shut down the Bills running game, they chose not to run. There were a few moments of silence in the booth, and then changed the subject.