PDA

View Full Version : That Freeney sack on Griese...

lordofgun
11-03-2003, 09:25 AM
I almost got chills yesterday when I watched that. It reminded me so much of Bruce in his prime.

Freeney blew past the LT and crushed Griese. Seemed like Bruce used to do that all the time to Marino. Miami would be driving, and just when we needed a huge play, Bruce would sack him, force a fumble, etc.

I miss those days. I think if Bruce was in his prime, playing with our current defense, it would be really scary.

Anyway...

Earthquake Enyart
11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Bruce in his prime playing with any POS defense is scary.

lordofgun
11-03-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Bruce in his prime playing with any POS defense is scary.

Good point.

helmetguy
11-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Bruce is just SCARY, period!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
It reminded me so much of Bruce in his prime.

He sure did! I was thinking the same thing watching that game. The way Blew right past that double team like they were not even there.

NC-BILLS44
11-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Does anyone remember his commercial with Dennis Hopper?

"Bad things, man. Bad things"

Tatonka
11-03-2003, 01:59 PM
i felt bad for that LT for miami.. he is a rookie.. he got ****** schooled by freeny that whole game.. freeny was nailing griese throughout the whole game just as he got rid of the ball.. he could have had 6 sacks easily.. they did nothing to help the kid out either.. a couple times.. i saw ricky's half hearted attempt to help.. but basically that put that kid in a god awful spot and i am sure his confidence is shaken today.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i felt bad for that LT for miami..

feeling bad for any fin player

FTG:earpoke: Tat

Jeff1220
11-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Does anyone remember his commercial with Dennis Hopper?

"Bad things, man. Bad things"

Check my sig NC.

:punk:

The_Philster
11-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Bruce is just SCARY, period!

Well, when you run into his sternum, of course you'll be scared.

Throne Logic
11-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I almost got chills yesterday when I watched that. It reminded me so much of Bruce in his prime.

Freeney blew past the LT and crushed Griese. Seemed like Bruce used to do that all the time to Marino. Miami would be driving, and just when we needed a huge play, Bruce would sack him, force a fumble, etc.

I miss those days. I think if Bruce was in his prime, playing with our current defense, it would be really scary.

Anyway...

I seem to remember Bruce wrapping up Marino many times, only to watch Dan fire that rottin' quick release and complete a pass about 8 yards down the middle.

yle
11-04-2003, 09:05 AM
But now when Bruce gets to the corner he just falls asleep at the red light.