PDA

View Full Version : The only diff between the Colts and the Bills O…..

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:39 AM
….is that the Colts run the ball!

They ran the ball on a 3rd and 4! I couldn’t believe it! I haven’t seen the Bills do that all year!

And the crazy part is that they got the first down.

If we ever ran on 3rd and short, we’d probably go for a TD on the play because the D would be in shock!

Earthquake Enyart
11-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Run on 3rd and 4? Shouldn't we punt?

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:44 AM
and Manning is better than Bledsoe. At least IMO.

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
I think they're the same QB!

they both take chances too much and make mistakes because of it.

That last INT proves that point.

But the Colts OC uses him wisely and runs the ball first!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Without SAL Cap considerations Would you trade Manning straight up for Drew?

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Yes! Manning is younger!

If they were the same Age, maybe Drew!

I just think Manning thinks too much! That damn act at the line drives me nuts! He changes the play 10 times and then hands it to James for a 1 yard loss!

justasportsfan
11-03-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Without SAL Cap considerations Would you trade Manning straight up for Drew?

Hell yeah.

Brian Griese Rulz
11-03-2003, 09:53 AM
Manning is probably the best QB in the game. Bledsoe is no where near as good as Manning.

Novacane
11-03-2003, 09:55 AM
They are similar..............I'd take Manning even if they were the same age though. Better leader IMO.

I did want to kill him after that last int. I could not believe he threw that ball. It was a stupid play call too.

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Manning is probably the best QB in the game. Bledsoe is no where near as good as Manning.

You’d be saying just the opposite if you were a Colts fan and that INT cost you that game yesterday!

Good thing they have a DE with a S#IT

The only two problems with this team, a. We won’t run the ball, b. no DE worth a S#it

Patrick76777
11-03-2003, 09:59 AM
But at the same time, Vanderjadt called him out last year for not being a leader!

I'm playing DA! Truth is, I like Payton, I'd take him in a second but he's very much like our Drew!

But I think Drew has a better playoff record!

Novacane
11-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Vanderjadt called him out last year for not being a leader!

He's just an idiot kicker:cas:

Dozerdog
11-03-2003, 10:17 AM
....who got liquored up and ran his mouth off......While I'm here in Hawaii at the pro bowl throwing a TD pass to Jerry Rice

Ð
11-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Canadians :shakeno:

ajsdx
11-03-2003, 01:04 PM

I just think Manning thinks too much! That damn act at the line drives me nuts! He changes the play 10 times and then hands it to James for a 1 yard loss!

To tell you the truth, I don't think the Colts' OC has very much to do with how Payton plays. Because he changes 85% of the plays at the line of scrimmage, he is basically controlling his own destiny. Thinks too much? Maybe. But he's not the most athletically gifted guy in the world; he has to think in order exploit holes in the D since he can't do it with sheer arm strength or leg speed.

TigerJ
11-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Manning for Bledsoe? Yes, please, Bill Polian, let's make a deal!

WG
11-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Yeah, and the only difference between veggie burgers and black angus sirloin steaks is that one tastes a little different.

:rolleyes:

Novacane
11-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yeah, and the only difference between veggie burgers and black angus sirloin steaks is that one tastes a little different.

ROFLMAO!

BillsFever
11-03-2003, 06:53 PM
You have got to be kidding me? The Bills offense doesn't even come close to stacking up with the Colts.

Manning vs Bledsoe- Manning is a Top 5 QB and Drew is a Top 15-20 QB

James vs Henry- I'd say Henry is better then James right now even though they are two different backs.

Harrison vs Moulds- Moulds is great but Harrison is better. I'd take Harrison over Moulds.

Wayne vs Reed- Who knows about the future but Wayne is better then Reed right now. It's not even a comparison.

They have a better QB and 2 better WR's. I'd take their offensive personnel over ours.

Ð
11-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Black Angus steaks are overrated

http://www.fair.org/extra/9411/rush-cry.gif

BillsFever
11-03-2003, 06:57 PM
I think they're the same QB!

they both take chances too much and make mistakes because of it.

That last INT proves that point.

The difference is Manning was doing them things at 22-25 years old and has gotten better over the years at correcting it.

Drew has been doing them same things from 21-31 and has never gotten better at correcting them things.

Drew got sacked as many times in one game this year as Manning has the entire season. No need to say more.

Ingtar33
11-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Before Drew lost Ben Coates (and the Tuna), he was harder to sack per passing play than Manning is now.

Drew has won playoff games, Payton has never won a big game, much less a playoff game.

Drew has a much better arm than Payton Manning, who's arm is at best to be described as average.

What is the biggest difference right now?
1)Colts have a better offensive scheme, and more intelligent football coaching on the O side
2)Colts have a top 5 O-line
3)Colts have a top 10 D-line (though their secondary is embarrassing... they get away with it because they get good pressure)
4)Colts have better WRs and TEs than the Bills

Personally I would take Drew over Payton, but that’s all things being equal, which they are not. Drew is older, and has an awful lot of mileage on him. Payton gets paid more, and a much bigger choker than Drew could dream of being.

Until Payton can WIN a playoff game you've got to go with Drew.

Earthquake Enyart
11-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
Before Drew lost Ben Coates (and the Tuna), he was harder to sack per passing play than Manning is now.

Drew has won playoff games, Payton has never won a big game, much less a playoff game.

Drew has a much better arm than Payton Manning, who's arm is at best to be described as average.

1)Colts have a better offensive scheme, and more intelligent football coaching on the O side
3)Colts have a top 10 D-line (though their secondary is embarrassing... they get away with it because they get good pressure)

Personally I would take Drew over Payton, but that’s all things being equal, which they are not. Drew is older, and has an awful lot of mileage on him. Payton gets paid more, and a much bigger choker than Drew could dream of being.

Manning reminds me of Joe Ferguson. All the tools in the world you want in a QB, but when things go bad, he hangs his head and mopes around. He'll never win the big one.

RedEyE
11-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Two instant reasons why the Colts are much better than the Bills:

1) Bill Polian

2) Tony Dungy

Bonus: Manning is the smartest QB in the game. Chances are that he called that 3rd and 4th running play. Like Kelly did with the K-Gun, Manning is replicating in Indy. 75% of the time he calls the plays from the LOS.

Bledsoe has difficulty with this process. It doesn't help that his coaches are somewhat ******ed, but he just doesn't have the same intelligence of the game that Peyton has.

I'd give Indy Bledsoe, Burns, and a conditional pick for Manning.

Patrick76777
11-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
You have got to be kidding me? The Bills offense doesn't even come close to stacking up with the Colts.

Manning vs Bledsoe- Manning is a Top 5 QB and Drew is a Top 15-20 QB

James vs Henry- I'd say Henry is better then James right now even though they are two different backs.

Harrison vs Moulds- Moulds is great but Harrison is better. I'd take Harrison over Moulds.

Wayne vs Reed- Who knows about the future but Wayne is better then Reed right now. It's not even a comparison.

They have a better QB and 2 better WR's. I'd take their offensive personnel over ours.

Your comparison wasn’t very convincing! Is that one of those things where once you started comparing, you thought maybe you might be wrong?

Listen, In Manning, you have a QB who is prone to make mistakes. He forces throws and tries to make big plays. The guy throws a ton of INT’s. If Bledsoe threw that interception that Manning threw at the end of the game, most of you people would want him out of town today (some of you already want that). Why should Manning get a pass? Henry is better then James right now, and Moulds and Harrison are two different types of WR’s, but both are at about the same level. Their 2nd and 3rd WR’s are playing better right now, but that could change, ours were playing much better in weeks 1 and 2!

But I digress! The point I was tying to make, and I think it was fairly obvious, is that because they run the ball and mix it up, they are more productive. It goes back to my contention that the number one problem with this team is the fact that they refuse to stick with the run. I truly believe that if we committed to the run and used Bledsoe judiciously, not only would we be 6-2 right now (Joe Burns was not going to cut the mustard against Philly and KC was ready to play) But we’d probably finish the season at 11-5.

Hopefully it’s not too late.

Patrick76777
11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm not saying Payton is bad. I think he's great! But he makes the same type of mistakes that drew Does. The same mistakes that Favre makes.

But I like that Gunslinger fearless attitude in my QB!

WG
11-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

Well, since Coates isn't playing anymore let's just nip it in the bud and ditch Drew instead of waiting around for Coates-2, shall we! :D

Secondly, Drew hasn't won anything. His teams have won playoff games thru solid D, great coaching, solid STs play, great rushing, and all but in spite of Drew's horrendous passing performances in most playoff games that he's participated in. Those are the facts. He has not in fact played well in any particular playoff game contributing more positively than he has negatively.

Thirdly, if Drew has a better arm today, in 2003, then he SAH isn't demonstrating it. Anyone watching this season's games can't possibly be missing all the behind throws, the under throws, a ton of unders, even some of the ones that end up being caught, and over and side throws. But the unders particularly.

Besides, no one has ever questioned Drew's arm strength. It's his short passes and red zone passing that are in question which have nothing to do with "arm strength." They have to do with his brain to appropriately process information quickly and effectively. Clearly there are issues there.

As to the rest, it's silly to compare the two.

Manning:

Seasons played: 6
Seasons w/ more TDs than INTs: 5 of 6 w/ his rookie season being the odd one out
First 5 seasons of career: 138 TDs on 2,817 attempts
Career YPA: 7.4
Career Compl. %: 62.6 %
Career TD%: 4.90 %
# of seasons < 20 TDs: None of 5 full seasons
Fewest # TDs in any given season: 26

Deadsoe:

Seasons played: 11
Seasons w/ more TDs than INTs: 5 of 11 to date inldg. this season
First 5 seasons of career: 108 TDs on 2,901 attempts
Career YPA: 6.6
Career Compl. %: 57.2 %
Career TD%: 3.72 %
# of seasons < 20 TDs: 5 of 10 full seasons
Fewest # TDs in any given season: 13 (then 15, 17 and all but two seasons fewer TDS than Manning thus far)

How's that 76, a little more convincing?

Just curious...

Patrick76777
11-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Nope sorry Wys, don't see much of a diff between the two! Manning does and has done the same things that you rip drew for every single day. The fact that he has 1 yard more per pass average doesn't change that!

Patrick76777
11-04-2003, 12:05 PM
And the TD's in the first 5 years, is the most useless stat ever!

WG
11-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Nope sorry Wys, don't see much of a diff between the two!
Is Buffalo bereft of good eye doctors or something?

I think we could convince a bunch of 3rd graders that there's quite a difference between the two.

:D

And the TD's in the first 5 years, is the most useless stat ever!

But "the youngest QB ever to reach 10,000 yards", something that has literally made Blew, is somehow more "useful"? Especially in light of the notion that he couldn't even avoid tossing more INTs than TDs during that stretch, either collectively or in any single season?

WG
11-04-2003, 12:17 PM

:deadhorse:

Like I said, let's wait a few games. This league has Blew pegged like Jordan dominated the NBA for years. There's plenty more classic Blew ahead.

We'll see if you're still hanging onto this thinking in week 17. Heck, week 13 or 14 should do it.