PDA

View Full Version : Willis and GW

Jeff1220
11-03-2003, 03:02 PM
As to the decision about when WM will play, how much of that decision is:
Willis'?
GW's?
TD's?

The reason I ask is this - if GW has any power in this whatsoever, I think he might try to rush McGahee into the lineup. Not just because he doesn't know any better, but also as a last-ditch possible spark to save his gone-since-week-6 a$$. Hopefully Willis has most of the say in this because, quite honestly, I don't think I trust anybody else's judgement in the matter right now.

helmetguy
11-03-2003, 03:15 PM
It'll be TD's decision whether he's activated or placed on IR. It'll be GW's as to the amount of work he'll get if he is, indeed, activated. I doubt even GW could be malicious enough to risk further injury to McGahee (if he's still not ready to go full out) just to try and save his job. Whatever the case, the writing is on the wall (regarding GW) and GW knows it.

TigerJ
11-03-2003, 05:03 PM
I agree the decision on activation is TD's alone. I think that GW has limits on the decision to play or not and how much. The limits will be due to any medical advice that comes from team doctors. Of McGahee were to say, "I don't think I'm ready yet," the team would have to honor that. But anything we've heard out of McGahee since the draft suggests there is no way he would ever say that.

Billzz
11-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Atleast he's not Vick.

Guy hasn't even friggin played this year and has a ton of hyped up commercials with him showcasing it. What happens if he can't run like he used to and must become a somewhat pocket passer?

BTW it will be Willis and his agents descion. If he says he's ready and the team doctors clear him he will play. Assuming ofcourse his agent think it's alright:)

Dozerdog
11-03-2003, 05:15 PM
How is his agent remotely involved?

Team doctors are the first to clear him

Then TD Tales him off IR

Then it's all in the coaches hands.

I don't see how Drew Rosenhause has any input into when , where, and how the Bills use him. He got his deal. Drew is out of the picture

Billzz
11-04-2003, 11:30 AM
The agent acts as a advisor for the player also giving him information etc. If he feels his client (who he stands to make millions from himself) does not stand to gain much from playing this year and may reinjure his knee then he would tell him to wait.

It's all about the $$$$ no matter how you want to think about it. Agents have more input then you think, don't be too gulible:)

stuckincincy
11-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Just a way-outside thought, but does anyone think that outside pressure (NFL, tv networks) could factor in? :idunno:

Jan Reimers
11-04-2003, 03:34 PM
TD is a brain sturgeon and a racket scientist. He is an expert on knees - just look at Marcus Jones.