PDA

View Full Version : What three Buffalo Bills would you vote for

northernbillfan
11-04-2003, 03:27 AM
If you had to select three Bills for the Pro Bowl, who would they be, and why?

I'd have to give my first vote to Travis Henry. Even though he has been under utilized this season, he does a good job when called upon. If the Bills used the running game the way they should, he is a very lethal weapon.

Secondly I'd vote for the obvious, Eric Moulds. Although Bledose has a tendancy to go to him when he is double teamed, Moulds still makes some great catches, and can get open more often than not.

Finally I'd vote for Brian Moorman. His leg is unbelievable. As a frined of mine said after moorman unleashed an 80 yard punt, "That kick should be illegal" He has helped the Bills out tremendously with field position, and for the he gets my vote.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2003, 05:03 AM
i can't think of 3.other than moorman,i doubt anybody else would be considered.

EM Bills Fan 80
11-04-2003, 05:47 AM
Eric Moulds, Takeo Spikes, and Brian Moorman

BillsNick
11-04-2003, 08:05 AM
Nobody deserves it as of right now.

justasportsfan
11-04-2003, 08:11 AM
Greg Williams, AFC HC
Gilbride AFC OC
Pat Ruel AFC OL Coach.

Nuff said.

Ingtar33
11-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Moorman
Fletcher
Spikes/Moulds (its a draw right now)

OpIv37
11-04-2003, 08:48 AM
What about Winfield? He's the only corner in the league that can consistently defend the WR screen passes.

11-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Moorman - Eric and then if I had to Henry

R. Rich
11-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Which three? I'd vote for:

1. Brian Moorman

2. The Bills' punter

3. All of the above

zone
11-04-2003, 09:05 AM
Winfield has definitly proved this year, that he is by far the best tackling corner in the league.

Valerie
11-04-2003, 09:09 AM
Brian Moorman is the only guy I thought of when I saw the title of this thread. At least I'm on the same page as everyone else. :) After him, I honestly don't know who I'd pick.

WG
11-04-2003, 09:09 AM
Like Fletcher deserves to make a pro bowl. I would think that the PBs MLBs would be able to cover a RB out of the backfield. Fletcher can't, let alone TEs.

Moorman, that's it.

Oh,...the Janitor!

Spikes isn't as bad as many are saying but he's most certainly not having a PB type season. If he makes it it'll be on name-rec only.

Oh, Pat Williams!!!! Completely forgot! If anyone, even over Moorman, deserves it, it's Pat!!!

The only player on O that I would consider is Campbell for the way he's stepped up this year. He has the ability to be a 6-800 yd. receiver w/ 5-8 TDs if used properly. Alas, he isn't, therefore he won't. But based on what he has done when called upon, those would be my three selections.

In order:

Pat Williams
Moorman
Campbell

WG
11-04-2003, 09:10 AM
Henry nor Moulds are having PB seasons either. Henry perhaps less thru fault of his own that thru poor coaching and poor line and QB play to draw the heat, nevertheless, no way.

Moulds, yeah right. on name-rec only.

R. Rich
11-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Like Fletcher deserves to make a pro bowl. I would think that the PBs MLBs would be able to cover a RB out of the backfield. Fletcher can't, let alone TEs.

Moorman, that's it.

Oh,...the Janitor!

Spikes isn't as bad as many are saying but he's most certainly not having a PB type season. If he makes it it'll be on name-rec only.

Oh, Pat Williams!!!! Completely forgot! If anyone, even over Moorman, deserves it, it's Pat!!!

The only player on O that I would consider is Campbell for the way he's stepped up this year. He has the ability to be a 6-800 yd. receiver w/ 5-8 TDs if used properly. Alas, he isn't, therefore he won't. But based on what he has done when called upon, those would be my three selections.

In order:

Pat Williams
Moorman
Campbell

I do like Pat Williams, and I think he's doing okay this year, but he hasn't stood out in my opinion. There's no way he's a more deserving candidate than Moorman! All the additions and what did it get us in run defense? We're allowing 14.1 ypg fewer than last year (110.8, compared to 124.9 last season). That's not very good. Meanwhile, the net punting avg has gone from 37.2 to 37.5 and the return avg from 5.6 to 4.0; hard to argue against that. Oh yeah, only Shane Lechler of Oakland has a better gross avg than Moorman's 47.2!!

Voltron
11-04-2003, 09:57 AM
I agree with most... Moorman is the only one that deserves to go at this point.

I have been condemplating ordering his Jersey so I don't feel embaresd with my Mike williams one :snicker:

Brian Griese Rulz
11-04-2003, 10:48 AM
Has to be Moorman.

Henry doesn't deserve it because most of his yardage has come in garbage time when the other D is playing prevent.

Only reason he made it last year was due to Holmes injury.

stuckincincy
11-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Zero, Zero, and Zero. If your PK makes it, that's OK. Unless your name is Ray Guy and yer team won a bunch that season, getting Yer punter named to the pro bowl is...just...plain...embarrasing.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-04-2003, 04:39 PM
Moorman is the most deserving.. Winfield would be my next choice, Winfield would have a better shot if he had some INT's or a forced or recovered fumble..

BillsFever
11-04-2003, 04:41 PM
I think Moorman should go and Travis still has an outside shot but probably won't make it.

Holmes and Portis should go on production alone. Then Ricky will probably go ahead of Henry just from his name.

Ricky is terrible this year. He will make the PB but shouldn't be in there.

DraftBoy
11-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Moorman, Winfield, P. Williams

BillsFever
11-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Pat Williams hasn't been very impressive to me this year. He was a freaking animal last year.

WG
11-04-2003, 05:13 PM
How ironic would it be if Moorman was the only Bill to make it.

Certainly wouldn't say too much, eh...

The_Philster
11-04-2003, 06:50 PM
I'd love to say Moulds and Spikes in addition to Moorman, but I just can't.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Which three? I'd vote for:

1. Brian Moorman

2. The Bills' punter

3. All of the above

:laughter:

Scott
11-05-2003, 06:36 AM
Pat Williams, Moorman and Spikes

sabreshockey096
11-05-2003, 01:28 PM
mooreman can kick the ball from orchard park to england

winfield is the most underrated cb

spikes is a tackling machine

ublinkwescore
11-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, and Nate Clements.

They're the only ones playing worth a damn.

This BS system of D needs to go.

ublinkwescore
11-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Pat Williams hasn't been very impressive to me this year. He was a freaking animal last year.

You clearly aren't watching the same games as the rest of us. Pat Williams is playing the best on this D.

He's consistently in every team's backfield forcing the issue if not making a tackle.

Ingtar33
11-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Wys:

Fletcher can't cover TE's because MLB in the defense (whatever that thing is) DOESN'T cover the TE.

The TE is the responsibility of the SLB and SS.

The RB, sometimes is the responsibility of the MLB, more often though, its the WLB who covers the tailback.

G. Host
11-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Moorman, Pat Williams and Sam Gash.
Sam Gash has knocked several players out of game and that is what is expected of ProBowl FB. For Sam it is not his fault he is not used enough.

Has everyone supported Moorman voted for him for ProBowl?