• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

When Denver punted...

...on 4th down at the 32, it brought back very bad memories.

At least Denver had an excuse. We had a healthy Hollis.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

how about the 3 WR- no TE set on 3rd and 2 then throwing the ball? That was right out of the KG's playbook.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

that game cost me 300$.. i had denver -2.5..

/cries in his pillow.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Fire him he sucks he will never ever be any good he...wait he has won a couple of Super Bowls. BTW what a great coaching job N.E. did, wait he was the worst coach in Cleveland history. Boy our coach will never ever be as good as these guys.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Except they were winning the game.

Comment

• LMB
            • Nov 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
            Fire him he sucks he will never ever be any good he...wait he has won a couple of Super Bowls. BTW what a great coaching job N.E. did, wait he was the worst coach in Cleveland history. Boy our coach will never ever be as good as these guys.
            Are you willing to wait ten years for GW to figure out how to coach?
            LMB

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LMB

Are you willing to wait ten years for GW to figure out how to coach?
              I don't know how to answer that, other than we all screamed for Phillips head and were happy for Williams when he got here. All I know is careful what you wish for it just might come true!

If he takes us to where N.E. and Dever have been maybe I am willing to wait!

You can check out ANY of the best coaches in NFL history And I bet all or most will have losing records after 3 years. Especially if you look at how bad the talent was in Williams first 2 years!
              Last edited by kgun12; 11-04-2003, 12:44 PM.
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

KGUN, the majority of the gripes are not directly aimed at Williams' record as the HC. The negative criticism is aimed directly at the on-field game plans. I have yet to see Buffalo show up for a game looking like they actually prepared for the team they are lined up against. I don't know what the coaching staff talks about during their game plan sessions, but it sure doesn't look like the topic involves the opposing teams strenghts and deficiencies and how to respectively protect against and exploit them.

I just believe this staff works well together. Especially in regards to KG. He does what he wants, regardless of what the game situation dictates. Williams either doesn't have the authority, balls, or smarts to tell KG to stick to what should work.
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  that game cost me 300$.. i had denver -2.5..

/cries in his pillow.
                  That'll learn ya...
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12

I don't know how to answer that, other than we all screamed for Phillips head and were happy for Williams when he got here. All I know is careful what you wish for it just might come true!

If he takes us to where N.E. and Dever have been maybe I am willing to wait!

You can check out ANY of the best coaches in NFL history And I bet all or most will have losing records after 3 years. Especially if you look at how bad the talent was in Williams first 2 years!
                    Yeah, but k, how many of them actually regressed in their third seasons?

IMO that's the most telling thing re: TD, GW, KG, and the rest of the coaches and Management. There is no way on earth that with the talent that we acquired in the offseason, if it in fact was anywhere close to as good as we were sold it was, that we should even be approaching the play of last year's team.

When you toss in the fact that we're actually playing worse on most levels, it boggles the mind. I don't think too many fans would have had trouble w/ a 9-7 season with wins over a Philly team in total disarray and w/ McN struggling the way he was, over the Testev. led Jets, and had we put the Bengals away in regulation on more than 16 points offensively.

But the way we're playing now suggests that we're not even headed in the right direction. I mean also, with a TON of our money tied up in players who haven't corrected even the stuff that they're being here was supposed to correct, how are we gonna sign the players we really, really need.

Meanwhile, w/ a horrible, and aging OL, many's hopes are pinned on McGahee who won't be getting any better blocking next year barring some improvement there. But where's that gonna come from? We won't have the money to sign two or three marquee OL-men, 2+ DL-men, and a QB. It just isnt' going to happen.

As I see it, this team driven by TD is marching backwards.

Under those circumstances you have to start asking yourself whether you should pull the plug on a GM like Donahoe or allow him to make more of the same moves in the offseason again.

I mean what's next? We gonna sign two or three more overrated players w/ past reps for playing well to rich contracts not equitable to the play we're gonna get outta them?

And what if we were to sign a player like Owens? Why would that help us? The issue is w/ the lines primarily and QB play. Not more skill position players.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                      KGUN, the majority of the gripes are not directly aimed at Williams' record as the HC. The negative criticism is aimed directly at the on-field game plans. I have yet to see Buffalo show up for a game looking like they actually prepared for the team they are lined up against. I don't know what the coaching staff talks about during their game plan sessions, but it sure doesn't look like the topic involves the opposing teams strenghts and deficiencies and how to respectively protect against and exploit them.

I just believe this staff works well together. Especially in regards to KG. He does what he wants, regardless of what the game situation dictates. Williams either doesn't have the authority, balls, or smarts to tell KG to stick to what should work.
                      That stands perfectly to reason TL!

TD hired KG and I think we can be certain that it was TD who's decision it was to promote him to QB coach last season as well even tho issues existed as to the play of the O last season already.

I don't believe that GW has any control over Gilbride at all. I believe he's under TD's headship exclusively. As of yet, there's not an inkling of a fact to refute that.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

IMO TD was too much about "showing Pittsburgh" whatever it was that he was trying to show them, and about trying to boost his ego by showing everyone what a great "poker player" and "genius" he was.

Well, he's outwitted himself. He sold tons of tickets last year and this, and he's got a roster full of 'name' players. But they are largely washed up or on the 'downside', and as a result, he's not making wise personnel purchases that will benefit the team in the future. He's gambling with overpriced vets ala the Raider mentality. He's gonna see ST sales and ticket sales in general fall significantly again unless he fixes what he's been ignoring.

This just in: It ain't working!

Unfortunately we have a lot of bucks tied up in Milloy. Fortunately we can release Drew and save $6M and sign some stiff to do the same. Adams can also be released w/o cap issue.

Teague not so. Posey not so. Spikes not so, altho I'm not sold that Spikes can't be what we think he will be. Not nearly so as some suggest.
                        Last edited by WG; 11-04-2003, 01:14 PM.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

But didn't it cause de ja vu??? Sure did for me.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                          X