PDA

View Full Version : This is Sooo Bruce Smith...

mchurchfie
11-04-2003, 11:06 AM
From the Buffalo News....
Bruce Smith unhappy with reserve role
Associated Press
11/4/2003

ASHBURN, Va. - For the first time in 17 years, Bruce Smith was a reserve. He's not happy about it at all.
The defensive end said Monday he will seek an explanation from Redskins coach Steve Spurrier for Smith's limited role in Sunday's 21-14 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

"Absolutely. I want to know what their intentions are," Smith said. "I have goals that I'd like to achieve for myself, team goals and individual goals. At some point and time in your career, you have to take a stand and be a little selfish."

At some point and time in your career, you have to take a stand and be a little selfish?? Which time out of 1000 times would that be Bruce??:scratch::D

I focused in on Bruce while watching last week's game and I was wondering why they even played him that much.:shakeno: It was sad to see a once dominating DE be dominated so much...I honestly don't think he'll get the sacks he needs to break the sack record the way he is playing.

stuckincincy
11-04-2003, 11:16 AM
He opened his trap at the wrong time. Just like Dillon in cincy.

Pass the marmalade; he's probably toast with the skin's org now.

mchurchfie
11-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
He opened his trap at the wrong time. Just like Dillon in cincy.

Pass the marmalade; he's probably toast with the skin's org now.

I agree...I think Washington was doing him a favor by letting him stay on to break the record. In that last game he was getting manhandled rather easily by I what I believe was a rookie or second year player. Maybe Buffalo can sign him as a part time coach and he can show Schoebel a few more moves than just the outside speed rush that he uses everytime.:up:

stuckincincy
11-04-2003, 11:33 AM
:lolcry: :rofl: WE NEED BUDDY

Love the punch-out animation. Work on a knee shot next! :up:

WG
11-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
From the Buffalo News....
Bruce Smith unhappy with reserve role
Associated Press
11/4/2003

ASHBURN, Va. - For the first time in 17 years, Bruce Smith was a reserve. He's not happy about it at all.
The defensive end said Monday he will seek an explanation from Redskins coach Steve Spurrier for Smith's limited role in Sunday's 21-14 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

"Absolutely. I want to know what their intentions are," Smith said. "I have goals that I'd like to achieve for myself, team goals and individual goals. At some point and time in your career, you have to take a stand and be a little selfish."

Which time out of 1000 times would that be Bruce??:scratch::D

I focused in on Bruce while watching last week's game and I was wondering why they even played him that much.:shakeno: It was sad to see a once dominating DE be dominated so much...I honestly don't think he'll get the sacks he needs to break the sack record the way he is playing.

LMAO!!!

I agree, it is sad and begs asking that why at his salary didn't they cut him. He wasn't much better last year.

And Bruce,

You demand an explanation...

I'll do my best to sum up for why you're a backup now:

BECAUSE YOU S-U-C-K!!!

WTH, trying to crawl your way to a sack record that you don't deserve if you haven't amassed a measley 3 sacks in this half-a-season!

Dang, who does he think he is. He's lucky a team, any team, is giving him a chance by even putting him on the roster. And what's gonna happen when he reaches that record on Chandler and the Bears after Chandler trips on his own Guard, falls to the ground and a sluggish Bruce just happen to capitalize on his assignement slipping so that he can get past and lunge on Chandler for the record in week 16! Does he expect a rousing applause for his paltry 3 sacks due to offensive mistakes more than solid play?

I'm hoping more and more he doesn't get it! What a loser!

Heck, he's got a 'name', maybe TD will sign him to "fix" our DL this offseason...

:scared:

Actually, I'm afraid he will...

:D

WG
11-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Maybe Buffalo can sign him as a part time coach and he can show Schoebel a few more moves than just the outside speed rush that he uses everytime.:up:

Maybe Buffalo can sign him to clean the commodes after games and then he can sign Denney, Kelsay, Adams, Posey, Blew and several others as his primary cleaning crew!

Oh yeah, let's not forget TD, Williams, Gilbride, and LeBeau. They can clean the Johnnies out in the lots!

stuckincincy
11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Is it just me, or does GW get collagen injections into his lips?