• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Some Things Never Change

Bruce is unhappy...
    Pooor Unhappy Bruce

...and there is a possible QB controversy looming ahead in San Diego involving Doug Flutie...
    QB Controversy Involving Stumpy

Too funnyD
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Jaded 7
    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
    • Jul 2002

Okay, you can't blame Doug starting on any controversy or on anything Doug has said or done! He's been a good and reliable back-up and he's taught Drew a lot in his time there. There's no way this is anything more than Shottenheimer wanting to see what Doug can do, given the OBVIOUS facts that Drew Brees isn't cutting it.

The media shouldn't go making a big deal out of this at all! This is how problems and rumors get started!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• doug45
      • Jul 2002

I don't want to start anything up again so I will only say this. As a person over 40 I like to see us old guys show that we still can cut it.

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

Given the situation in Buffalo, there is no way the media wouldn't go after this story. All involved have to know that. As for Brees, I just don't know if he has the arm strength to be a really good NFL quarterback. If they continue at this rate, the Chargers will be able to draft Eli Manning, which could spell the end of Brees in SD.

Comment

• Jaded 7
          • Jul 2002

That's great, Richie, but the media is going to blow it up into something it's not! There were real problems here in Buffalo. Both Rob and Doug believed the starting job was theirs. On top of pulling Doug in the last regular season game under false pretenses and then not giving him back the job in the playoffs. NONE of these things are problems out in San Diego! Doug KNOWS he's the back-up and there are no quarterback controversy problems out there between Drew and Doug. If the media is going to blow this out of proportion all it's going to do is manufacture problems that aren't there!

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by doug45
            I don't want to start anything up again so I will only say this. As a person over 40 I like to see us old guys show that we still can cut it.
            I once lived in the town where George Blanda (played until age 49) was born - Youngwood, Pa - about 30 miles SW of Pgh. Never met him. Used to pass the house on the way to the airport, where Johnnie Unitas was born - his kin still lived there. Small wood frame with "Unitas" hand-painted on the roadside mailbox.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jaded 7
              That's great, Richie, but the media is going to blow it up into something it's not! There were real problems here in Buffalo. Both Rob and Doug believed the starting job was theirs. On top of pulling Doug in the last regular season game under false pretenses and then not giving him back the job in the playoffs. NONE of these things are problems out in San Diego! Doug KNOWS he's the back-up and there are no quarterback controversy problems out there between Drew and Doug. If the media is going to blow this out of proportion all it's going to do is manufacture problems that aren't there!

Trust me on this, Jaded, the Chargers know what their problems are, and I'm quite sure Flutie isn't high on the list of problems.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

It's all SHott's fault this time. I never thought Brees had what it takes to be an elite qb in the NFL. Shott yapped how Rob should've started in Buffalo. Fluties days were numbered once the Chargers hired Shot. Flutie comes in last weeekend and then the team is alive again. ( reminds me of the old days). Now Shott's stuck between his ego and the fans wanting to see some change.

They too will need a qb next year. Flutie should go back to the CFL.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich

Trust me on this, Jaded, the Chargers know what their problems are, and I'm quite sure Flutie isn't high on the list of problems.
                  I'm positive he's not on the list of solutions either.

They're grasping at straws. Flutie, as usual, will get his ass kicked! He'll be no more effective than Sneez was.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

It'd be good to see the little tyke get his ass handed to him a few more times before he goes into the Chargers' GM's office to get his walking papers tho.

Hey, does Washington play the Chargers?

Here's a thought, Bruce gets his prized half-sack lead to 'attain the sack record' v. Doug after Doug slips on wet turf, breaks his ankle, and Bruce comes running over from 15 yards away while his eyes are lighting up and his teammates are standing there in horror as the bone in Flutie's ankle is sticking out and Bruce pummels down on top of him and then starts running around as Flutie goes into shock and Bruce's teammates just look at him as if he's some sort of monster.

LMAO...

I can see it all unfolding now...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• R. Rich
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                      I'm positive he's not on the list of solutions either.

They're grasping at straws. Flutie, as usual, will get his ass kicked! He'll be no more effective than Sneez was.
                      Like I said before, I could see Flutie and Brees gone next year and Eli Manning drafted by them, if things continue the way they are in SD. Flutie is nothing more than a stop gap measure for now.

Comment

• Jaded 7
                        • Jul 2002

Leave it to Wys to turn this into a Doug bashing thread!

No one said Doug was the ultimate answer, but he's a solution to a problem! Also, I don't recall anyone saying that Doug should be the starter from here on out! Maybe he can win a few games for the Chargers and actually bring some life back into the team. I've been saying all year that ever since Junior left the Chargers are lacking heart! The Bills are lacking the same heart and they didn't lose anyone of importance!

Geez! Stop constantly bashing Doug and wishing injury on him!

Comment

• doug45
                          • Jul 2002

No one said Doug was the ultimate answer, but he's a solution to a problem! Also, I don't recall anyone saying that Doug should be the starter from here on out! Maybe he can win a few games for the Chargers and actually bring some life back into the team. I've been saying all year that ever since Junior left the Chargers are lacking heart! The Bills are lacking the same heart and they didn't lose anyone of importance!

Geez! Stop constantly bashing Doug and wishing injury on him!
                          It is sad. Like I said aybody still able to play in this sport at his age is something.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Yes! That much I'll stand up for. And why should anyone on our boards be upset with that...?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by doug45
                              It is sad. Like I said aybody still able to play in this sport at his age is something.
                              OH, he's something alright!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X