We still have the number 3 defense in the league!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

We still have the number 3 defense in the league!

What does that mean to me?

-Even though we’ve been blown out in 2 of the last 3 weeks, we haven’t given up much in the way of yardage! I think this bodes well for the stretch drive. The cold weather is here! 6 of our last 7 games will be played in the cold! With a defense that will hold teams down and a healthy Willis and Travis splitting time in the backfield, I truly believe we have the opportunity to make a big run at the postseason.

We have all the ingredients to win cold weather games. We’ll have a powerful one-two punch at RB, plus we have Sam Gash, We have a top 3 D and if used wisely, we can lull teams to sleep with the run only to unleash the homerun ball when they least expect it. This is our time of year! Miami has September at home, We have November and December at home! Anything less then 4-0 in our remaining home games is unacceptable. We just need to steal a couple of road games. I’m hoping for Dallas and the Giants!

Of course, this is all predicated the belief that Kevin Gilbride will remove his head from his ass and run the ball! He’s under a lot of pressure from the fans and media to do just that! He did it in Jacksonville a few years back with Natrone Means! Hopefully he does it again.

I’M PUMPED FOR THE SECOND HALF BABY!

4-0 AT HOME!

PLAY HARD IN THE COLD!
    Resign our own guys!
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Yess! Patrick thank you for voicing this, I thought I was the only one. You're going to get attacked though, cuz that's what people do around here when you're optimistic. GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Let's keep this about football though!

I so sick of the "your not a fan threads"

almost as lame as Wys and his BS Stat Threads!
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Jaded 7
        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
        • Jul 2002

Just a reminder, the Bills are playing against the #1 defense on Sunday. A battle of D's!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
        The only answer I found for all this hurt
        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jaded 7
          Just a reminder, the Bills are playing against the #1 defense on Sunday. A battle of D's!
          Go root for the cowboys on a cowboys MB!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaded 7
            Oh Yeah? Parcells is facing Gilbride !

She's a cowdung fan first , a Flutie flake second and a Billsfan third.

Hey Jaded. I bet 5000 zb's the bills will beat the cowboys.
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-04-2003, 12:14 PM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
              New and Improved!!
              • Aug 2003

hey come on now, let's keep this about football :snicker2:
              Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                • Mar 2003

How are the Cowboys and Bills the top ranked defenses

Oh well, I will take 7-2 I guess
                I'm lost.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

We have the 11th ranked D for scoring allowing just about as many points defensively as we did through the last 10 games of last season.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Once again, who gives a crap about yardage and why. Until the determine game winners by tallying yardage it's meaningless other than for trash talking.

In fact, I'd say that a team that is allowing more points/yardage than others has some issues w/ their red zone D and an O that's equally terrible at creating good field position and/or holding onto the ball.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Meanwhile, Dallas is currently tied for #3 in scoring D allowing over 2 PPG fewer than we are.

And we're gonna light them up how...?

This team couldn't light up a Christmas tree let alone a top 10 ranked scoring D.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• venis2k1
                        Youboty can hope
                        • Jul 2002

If we win this weekend, we will be tied for the wild card spot(cause the fins will lose to the tits). If we lose, this season is just about over.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Right. So on Monday we can start discussing the offseason is essentially what we're saying.

The only way we have a chance is if something really, really bizarre happened in the off week and we go into Dallas and really clean house. As we've all agreed, Dallas is overrated. If that's the case, and if we're truly a playoff caliber team or even close to it, we should be able to prevent the Boys from scoring anymore than 10 or 13 points and should be able to put up at least 20 ourselves in a totally dominating game.

If it's close through 3 Qs, we're finished regardless of whether we win or lose. Under those circumstances and given that we can't go out and beat the bad to average teams, our games v. Ten, Mia, NE, Indy, and the Jets will be over by halftime.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• zone
                            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                            What does that mean to me?

-Even though we’ve been blown out in 2 of the last 3 weeks, we haven’t given up much in the way of yardage! I think this bodes well for the stretch drive. The cold weather is here! 6 of our last 7 games will be played in the cold! With a defense that will hold teams down and a healthy Willis and Travis splitting time in the backfield, I truly believe we have the opportunity to make a big run at the postseason.

We have all the ingredients to win cold weather games. We’ll have a powerful one-two punch at RB, plus we have Sam Gash, We have a top 3 D and if used wisely, we can lull teams to sleep with the run only to unleash the homerun ball when they least expect it. This is our time of year! Miami has September at home, We have November and December at home! Anything less then 4-0 in our remaining home games is unacceptable. We just need to steal a couple of road games. I’m hoping for Dallas and the Giants!

Of course, this is all predicated the belief that Kevin Gilbride will remove his head from his ass and run the ball! He’s under a lot of pressure from the fans and media to do just that! He did it in Jacksonville a few years back with Natrone Means! Hopefully he does it again.

I’M PUMPED FOR THE SECOND HALF BABY!

4-0 AT HOME!

PLAY HARD IN THE COLD!
                            That's right! GO BILLS!
                            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Jaded 7
                              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfanShe's a cowdung fan first , a Flutie flake second and a Billsfan third.

Hey Jaded. I bet 5000 zb's the bills will beat the cowboys.
                              You've got yourself a bet, Justa!
                              Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins hey come on now, let's keep this about football :snicker2:
                              I WAS keeping this about football and I never commented on who I was rooting for. I just stated a fact. Nothing more, nothing less.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                              The only answer I found for all this hurt
                              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

Working...
                              X