X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Please give your definiton of "fairweather fan"

There has been an awful lot of fairweather fan talk around her lately. It all started after that fire GW petition began

Please tell me what a fairweather fan is IYO.

To me it is someone who does not really follow the team in the offseason and starts "liking" the Bills after they blow out NE on opening day. After we blow out Jacksonville they start really getting excited and maybe even join a Bills message board. Then we start losing games and they critisize for a while and then just disappear, don't bother watching the games, and will start paying attention again when we start winning again.

Fairweather fans do not spend thier time here week after week calling for changes and improvements. *****ing does not make you a fairweather fan. Saying the hell with it and not caring makes you a fairweather fan.
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

To me, FWFs are those who do as you say, come when the "weather's nice", the team has a reasonable and expected chance to win generally speaking, and they don't buy tickets in blocks, groups, or seasons, but when the playoffs finally come around at home they all pester you to "get your 'extras' for them!"

They also show up just prior to games, don't tailgate, don't set the city on fire afte..., oh,...forget that one, but they only come to see the players that they like too and often the individual players mean more to them than the team does which manifests itself in a preference to see their player do well vice the team winning.

I'll use Jaded as an example in one sense. I don't think she'll mind b/c she'll openly admit this. But she would have preferred to see Flutie have a good game and the Bills lose to Flutie having a horrible game and the Bills winning.

Now, I don't hesitate to say this b/c she's a Cowboy fan first. So it's logical that that's the case in Buffalo. But that's the mentality that many FWF's are driven by.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Definiton doesn't get any better than this
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• XNOUGHT
        • Mar 2003

I blame Weis er Wys
        I'm lost.

Comment

• Jaded 7
          Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys GuyI'll use Jaded as an example in one sense. I don't think she'll mind b/c she'll openly admit this. But she would have preferred to see Flutie have a good game and the Bills lose to Flutie having a horrible game and the Bills winning.

Now, I don't hesitate to say this b/c she's a Cowboy fan first. So it's logical that that's the case in Buffalo. But that's the mentality that many FWF's are driven by.
          Okay, first of all, I don't really consider myself a "fairweather fan" because I'm not a diehard fan of any team. I follow the Bills because I like them. And, I also sort of follow the Cowboys but I do like them. Sue me!

Secondly, I wouldn't want to see the Bills lose, regardless of who the quarterback is. What I didn't like was when Doug had a bad game but the Bills still won how people would rip him to shreds! Then, if he had a good game and they lost, he would still get ripped. He was in a no win situation week after week! Nothing he did was ever good or right and he never could please some people.

I root for the Bills, regardless of how they're playing. And on Sunday, it's going to be tough. I like both teams a lot. Yeah, I'll be rooting for the Cowboys because they were my first football love, but if the Bills win, that's good too! I won't be sad with whatever the outcome is. It's hard when you like two teams almost equally. Not that I expect any of you to understand this. For me to openly admit I like another team is banishment in most of your minds anyway. And that's fine too. It's all good! :)

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
          Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
          The only answer I found for all this hurt
          Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Fairweather fans appreciate beer for it's taste. Hardcore fans appreciate beer for it's alcohol.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

I think the term is abused here.

I consider a fair weather fan to be someone who likes more than one team. Ownes jerseys of all the top teams from year to year.

I don't think any Bills fan on the Zone is fair weather. Just terribly pessimistic. Which is just as annoying as FWFs, IMO.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Jaded 7

Okay, first of all, I don't really consider myself a "fairweather fan" because I'm not a diehard fan of any team. I follow the Bills because I like them. And, I also sort of follow the Cowboys but I do like them. Sue me!

Secondly, I wouldn't want to see the Bills lose, regardless of who the quarterback is. What I didn't like was when Doug had a bad game but the Bills still won how people would rip him to shreds! Then, if he had a good game and they lost, he would still get ripped. He was in a no win situation week after week! Nothing he did was ever good or right and he never could please some people.

I root for the Bills, regardless of how they're playing. And on Sunday, it's going to be tough. I like both teams a lot. Yeah, I'll be rooting for the Cowboys because they were my first football love, but if the Bills win, that's good too! I won't be sad with whatever the outcome is. It's hard when you like two teams almost equally. Not that I expect any of you to understand this. For me to openly admit I like another team is banishment in most of your minds anyway. And that's fine too. It's all good! :)
                J7, I think you are an all-weather fan. And that's good!

PS I got nothin' against the 'cows. Great franchise.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone

I consider a fair weather fan to be someone who likes more than one team. Ownes jerseys of all the top teams from year to year.

I don't think any Bills fan on the Zone is fair weather. Just terribly pessimistic. Which is just as annoying as FWFs, IMO.
                  Alright Fairway To Green, get started on your "Define Terribly Pessimistic" thread.

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

Ahhh, shadddup! You're a fair weather fan, and you know it! So are you, Wys, and you, FTG, and you, Jan Reimers, and you...

Comment

• Jaded 7
                      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone I think the term is abused here.

I own a Danny White jersey (my first jersey ever), a Troy Aikman jersey, several Doug Flutie jerseys (a few from Buffalo and one from San Diego) and an Eric Moulds jersey. I don't think that's bad considering I grew up a Cowboys fan. And you all know my love for Doug! I had to have a Flutie Chargers jersey.

After that, I don't own any other football stuff. I don't think that makes me a fairweather fan. I think that makes me a person who likes two teams.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                      The only answer I found for all this hurt
                      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

Terribly Pessimistic is someone who doesn't realize that no team in the league has top 10 players at every single position.

They'll say, "we're going to get killed," "we have no chance," etc. Not realizing that few teams are dominant in today's game. Few teams are a lock. Nothing's certain.

And they accuse others of being gullible if they don't share in the unyeilding doom and gloom outlook.

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

Right on!

My "problem" is that when it comes time for sunday's game there is no doubt in my mind that we are going to win the game. Does this allways happen? Of course not. That does not mean that the following week I am going to stop believing in my team. That's what I can't understand, if you don't think that we have a chance to win the game, why waste your time? Call yourself a "realist" or whatever you want. I know we can do it!
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

Terribly Pessimistic is someone who doesn't realize that no team in the league has top 10 players at every single position.
                            You mean like last year when Blew got credit for just about everything and certainly everything that the O did he was pivotal for?

Like that you mean...?

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

I own a Danny White jersey (my first jersey ever), a Troy Aikman jersey, several Doug Flutie jerseys (a few from Buffalo and one from San Diego) and an Eric Moulds jersey. I don't think that's bad considering I grew up a Cowboys fan. And you all know my love for Doug! I had to have a Flutie Chargers jersey.

After that, I don't own any other football stuff. I don't think that makes me a fairweather fan. I think that makes me a person who likes two teams.
                              As long as you don't own a Tampa, New England, Ravens, Rams, Denver, Green Bay...

See what I'm getting at?

Comment

Working...
                              X