PDA

View Full Version : Big Game tonight: Miami (OH) v. Bowling Green

DraftBoy
11-04-2003, 04:51 PM
great MAC game tonight with Miami (OH), led by QB Ben Roethlisberger, taking on Bowling Green, led by QB Josh Harris. Harris is mid range QB prospect who is looking at going anywhere from late round 3, to early day 2. Roethlisberger on the other hand is almost a shoe in for a top 15 pick, and could crack the top 10. He has been said to be either the #1 or #2 QB in the draft class, battling it out with Eli Manning. Should be a great game for both QB's and look for this to decide who will play in the MAC championship. Game should be on ESPN at 7 I think.

BillsFever
11-04-2003, 04:54 PM
We should've done what Houston did and took a flier on Drew Henson. They will probably end up getting a 1st or 2nd round draft pick for him.

Talk is that Henson wants to play for Pittsburgh. I don't know if it would be a wise move for Pittsburgh to give up a Top 10 draft pick for him. At this rate that's where they will be picking.

Althoug Pittsburgh has a soft schedule the rest of the year. I think they will finish up 7-9. It might be too late for a playoff run for these guys.

WG
11-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks 26!!

I'll watch it. I wouldn't have otherwise, thanks for the tip.

DraftBoy
11-04-2003, 05:18 PM
Np man, I really like the Harris kid out of Bowling Green, reminds alot of people of Dante Culpepper. Hes a must see prospect, I saw him tear up Northern Illinois. Look for a write up soon about the top QB prospect in the draft this year from me. Im working on it and it should be out soon.

WG
11-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Cool. I'll watch tonight and wait for the piece.

Dozerdog
11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
We should've done what Houston did and took a flier on Drew Henson. They will probably end up getting a 1st or 2nd round draft pick for him.

Talk is that Henson wants to play for Pittsburgh. I don't know if it would be a wise move for Pittsburgh to give up a Top 10 draft pick for him. At this rate that's where they will be picking.

Althoug Pittsburgh has a soft schedule the rest of the year. I think they will finish up 7-9. It might be too late for a playoff run for these guys.

Houston could afford to because they had twice the picks in a weak draft.

Unless Houston signs him in the next 5-6 months, they won't get anything- he will go back into the draft. Same as Bo Jackson 18 years ago.

Tatonka
11-04-2003, 06:16 PM
win.. who do you think wins?

bowling green is 7 point underdogs.

EM Bills Fan 80
11-04-2003, 07:37 PM
I agree, I really like Harris and wouldnt mind seeing the Bills draft him one bit

socalfan
11-04-2003, 07:51 PM
We'll probably end up taken Navarre from Michigan.

WG
11-04-2003, 07:55 PM
So far Harris hasn't really been too impressive to say the least.

Roethlberger's been pretty decent however thru nearly 2 Qs.

EM Bills Fan 80
11-04-2003, 08:40 PM
yeah Harris definately is not having one of his better outings, but all QB's go through these type of games, maybe he can turn it around in the 2nd half

Tatonka
11-04-2003, 09:02 PM
both these guys SUCK...

thats all.

The Natrix
11-04-2003, 09:13 PM
dude, are you watching it? I think Roethlisberger is pretty impressive.

Tatonka
11-04-2003, 10:29 PM
yeah.. i am watching it.. and if you are telling me that roethlisberger is going in the top of the first round, i am saying YOU CAN HAVE HIM!

i can think of about ten other guys i would rather see us draft.. he throws the ball up when he is in trouble.. i didnt see him make any nice deep throws.. he will not be scrambling like that in the nfl.. sorry.. i just dont see much to be that impressed with.. and i really dont want a jersey with that ridiculous last name on it.

:D

harris looked piss poor too. absolutely horrible decisions and held the ball WAY to long.

WG
11-04-2003, 10:34 PM
I agree that Harris didn't look too great. I didn't think that Roethlberger stood out as a gimme first rounder, but I can see why he'd be in the first three rounds easily.

What, you expect him to be playing at an all pro level by NFL standards already. These guys take a couple of seasons to develop. You're harder on him than you are on Drew and talk about no nice deep ball, Drew's blows these days too.

In case you missed it, he launched a really nice deep ball in the 1st Q that answered the "arm strength" questions for me on that single throw.

For a big guy he's got a ton of mobility and for sure is fairly fast. To say that he won't be able to use his scrambling ability is to not have watched Drew much this season. If Drew could roll out half as well as Roethlberger then maybe we wouldn't have to cater to all of his weaknesses.

I don't care if we take Roethlberger if available, but we'd better get someone to fill in for Blew asap! Maybe even sooner than we all think.

Tatonka
11-05-2003, 12:09 AM
i am not a drew backer wys.. get over it.

i am indifferent to our qb position.

R. Rich
11-05-2003, 10:09 AM
I've seen a few Miami games (my brother graduated from there and has been telling me about Roethlisberger for the past year or so now). This guy's pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing him picked up if he's available. He's still only a junior and hasn't indicated whether or not he'll be coming out in the draft or not. If by some stretch of the imagination he's around in the third round (as I've said numerous times before, I'd use the first pick on a DT and the second on a OG), he'd be a good choice.