PDA

View Full Version : Oy! Is Pittsburgh really that bad ?

Ð
11-04-2003, 07:10 PM
The Leafs are taking it to them as if they were on a permanent power play all first period. :eek:

They can't seem to get it out of their zone

Dozerdog
11-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Pittsburgh sucks- Fleury is the real deal- but i dumped him in FHL - he'll be shell shocked by christmas.

I was watching a game earlier this year where their other goalie was pummled for 7 goals- they didn't even think of replacing him with Fleury.

It was clear that his sole job is to give Fleury a rest, and to be a punching bag/fodder. Sort of like the garbage -time pitchers on a lot of staffs these days.

pyrrhonist
11-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Besides Fleury, Fata is having a great season. He set up that SHG nicely in the game, and then later scored on a Power Play himself. Aside from that, though, I must concur, that Pittsburgh is doing horrendously.

qcsabresfan84
11-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Yeah, Fleury is the only bright spot on the whole team. Lemieux better hope someone develops soon or he'll be playing on that team until he's 45 just to keep people in the seats.

Ð
11-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Rico Fata played for the London Knights when I lived there. We used to call him "fasta"

JD
11-04-2003, 10:26 PM
Remember them last year? sheesh!

pyrrhonist
11-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Rico Fata played for the London Knights when I lived there. We used to call him "fasta"

LOL. The damn guys on NHL2Night, and even on Pittsburgh's announcing crew pronounce it "fatt-a". I always thought it was "faw-ta". That is right, non? :up: