PDA

View Full Version : Jim Miller says Watson faked injury

lordofgun
09-30-2002, 03:46 PM
At one point in the second quarter, he fell to the turf before a play even started and had to be helped off the field with a leg injury.

He returned two plays later, which seemed a bit suspicious to the Bears.

"We thought that when he got hurt he faked it because he didn't like the matchup against Marty Booker,'' Miller said. "So we were going at him. Guys were getting open against him, so we were going after him. I don't know how else to say it.''

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/301sd2.htm

shawn
09-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Chris Brown, WGR55 Bills beat reporter,said the Bills have been doing this all season. He agreed with Miller.

lordofgun
09-30-2002, 03:51 PM
Yeah, but Miller was saying he faked injury becasue he was getting embarrassed, and wanted out of the game, not to conserve time.

ublinkwescore
09-30-2002, 03:55 PM
All teams do it.

It would be nice if you guys would remove this post after it stops getting responses - I wouldn't want any NFL Refs to read this, and start giving us more BS calls - like Nate Clements PI on a route in which that bears reciever (I don't remember who it was) over ran where the ball was placed, and Coy Wire almost picked it off.

One more thing - LET'S CIRCLE THE WAGONS AGAINST THE SILVER AND BLACK !!!! And not let this one go to overtime for us to win.

Ð
09-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Oh yeah, the refs cruise the message boards & that's where they get their "inside scoop" LMAO!

WG
09-30-2002, 04:08 PM
LMAO

Can they even read?

All I can say is that if this is true, it should be pretty daggoned hilarious that we have a CB on our roster for which it is necessary to do this. I simply cannot believe that this is actually true. B/c if it is, Watson should be dismissed immediately. I thought Irvin sucked. Watson is twice as bad. And Irvin isn't good, but he sure makes me long for the "good ole days."

TigerJ
09-30-2002, 07:42 PM
Jim Miller's accusation and the assertions that the Bills and all other teams do it, does not constitute proof that this particular time it was faked. Nor does it constitute evidence that Buffalo is any more of an offender than any other team. If refs pay attention to this kind of stuff, they ought to be dumped by the league. BTW, it doesn't always require contact for an injury to take place. Remember Sam Cowart's torn Achilles tendon.

Rebecky
09-30-2002, 08:08 PM
Could it be because the refs suspected Watson's malingering they called the PI on Nate?

I mean, they can't really accuse a player of faking an injury to buy time -- but they can punish the team in other ways, yes?

casdhf
09-30-2002, 08:13 PM
Jim Miller should stick to using his steroids and borrowing urine from his teammates

RedEyE
09-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Watson has been brutally attacked by opposing offenses week after week. There has to be something the Bills can do to compensate for his inability to defend the pass. Get him off the field or go to a more zone style defense. Lining him up, one on one, reveals a vital defensive weakness the Bills can ill afford to expose. The Bills coaching staff should have changed this 2 weeks ago. If they were waiting on a confiramation, they go it this weekend ~ Watson lead the team with 9 tackles, most of them shoe-string.

casdhf
09-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Jim Miller should stick to using his steroids and borrowing urine from his teammates