11-04-2003, 08:48 PM
http://www.raiders.com/newsroom/newsroomNewsDetail.jsp?id=9317

shelby
11-04-2003, 08:56 PM
:spit:

MTBillsFan
11-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Wow-
I thought the faiders sucked before! They're throwing the towel in now!

lordofgun
11-04-2003, 08:59 PM
:rofl: I hope they start him!

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2003, 09:14 PM
BWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Natrix
11-04-2003, 09:21 PM
do you know what this means? A possible Johnson - Flutie matchup!

The Natrix
11-04-2003, 09:22 PM
The next Rich Gannon?

WG
11-04-2003, 09:34 PM
:YAWN:

Thailog80
11-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Maybe he'll kick Jawokowskis tail and take number 11 from him.....bwwwwwaahhhhhh!!!!!

OpIv37
11-04-2003, 09:40 PM
And people think the Bills front office has problems? Whoever signed RJ must have had his head up his ass for the last 4 seasons.

When will this guy finally fade into oblivion and open a car dealership in Topeka or something?

BADTHINGSMAN
11-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Rob Johnson is like the NFL *hore..

WG
11-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Topeka... LOL

Yeah, I can see him moving to Topeka when he's done in the league.

Gotta agree w/ ya tho, at least now there's some film out there on him, something we didn't have. I'm sure he didn't get a big bonus which means the Raiders can cut him w/o cap issue. Heck, maybe they think that being back on the W.Coast will revive his career. Just remember, Al Davis runs that team...

:scared:

WG
11-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Funny, you always know how the seasons are going depending upon the mileage that RJ threads get...

:D

Kinda like the boxer who gets beat and then goes home to beat his family...

The Natrix
11-04-2003, 09:46 PM
You can't be serious! They were down to Rick Mirer! Rob is a good signing for them.

Some of you guys make it sound like Johnson is the worst QB ever to put on an NFL uniform. Sour Grapes, get over it.

The Spaz
11-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
You can't be serious! They were down to Rick Mirer! Rob is a good signing for them.

Some of you guys make it sound like Johnson is the worst QB ever to put on an NFL uniform. Sour Grapes, get over it.

Rob Johnson sucks get over it!:whisper: :ape:

Thailog80
11-04-2003, 09:54 PM
at the same time Al Davis changed the Raiders motto to " just lose baby"....coincidence? I think not...lol

EM Bills Fan 80
11-04-2003, 09:56 PM
I agree Natrix, they were plenty worse QB's

Andre Ware
Todd Collins
Doug Flutie
Akili Smith

the list can continue

CHIEF4EVER
11-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
http://www.raiders.com/newsroom/newsroomNewsDetail.jsp?id=9317

That is sooooooooo rich. The Faiders are imploding. Rob Johnson is the only QB in the league that is LESS mobile than Jeff George. :chuckle: :rofl: :spit:

The Natrix
11-04-2003, 10:26 PM
Actually he has pretty good mobility

BADTHINGSMAN
11-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Actually he has pretty good mobility

Thats very true

Jacksonville
Buffalo
Houston
Tampa Bay
Washington
Oakland

Thats some amazing mobility..

Seriously he is fairly mobile but doesnt know how to use it..

The Natrix
11-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Houston? I must have missed that one

socalfan
11-04-2003, 10:48 PM
RJ in the black and silver??? RJ with the gangster following??

I can hear it now....

Raider fans --- Yo Rob, smack some KC a.. for us!...

RJ --- Gnarly like dudes, like it's so kewl.

The Spaz
11-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
RJ in the black and silver??? RJ with the gangster following??

I can hear it now....

Raider fans --- Yo Rob, smack some KC a.. for us!...

RJ --- Gnarly like dudes, like it's so kewl.

:lol: :rofl:

lordofgun
11-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
I agree Natrix, they were plenty worse QB's

Andre Ware
Todd Collins
Doug Flutie
Akili Smith

the list can continue

I never liked Flutie, but he was far better than Rob. There's no argument.

Dozerdog
11-05-2003, 12:08 AM
It's a "who sucks more" contest, not if RJ is any good.
'

If they bring Danny Kannell and Tommy Maddox out of mothballs, then there is a serious lack of talent league wide at the position.

clumping platelets
11-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Too bad we don't play the Raiders :(

The_Philster
11-05-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by silent_one
Thats very true

Jacksonville
Buffalo
Houston
Tampa Bay
Washington
Oakland

Thats some amazing mobility..

Seriously he is fairly mobile but doesnt know how to use it..

Houston? I must have missed that one

He never went to Houston so you didn't miss anything. He turned it down because everyone knew that they'd be drafting David Carr and he wouldn't have had the starting job for more than a season.

northernbillfan
11-05-2003, 03:14 AM
Buh Bye thread...off you go to the apropo forum.

Cntrygal
11-05-2003, 03:15 AM
RJ.... a Raider..... I can't wait to see my boss in the morning.... :snicker:

Scott
11-05-2003, 06:30 AM
Rob is a under performing, below average QB but far from the worst in the league.
His only real problem is poor decision making, you would figure someone could coach that out of him.
I hope he has success, it is a shame to waste all that talent because he is a head case.

Valerie
11-05-2003, 07:33 AM
This is laughable! How he keeps getting signed is totally beyond me. I have to ask though. I heard that the Skins are still responsible for paying him for the rest of the year. Now that the Raiders signed him, do they pay him too? Is he going to make DOUBLE his salary for not even playing?!?!?!?!?

Ð
11-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Jaded, maybe Clump or someone can explain dead cap to you.

I think the way it works is the Skins are not responsible for the salary i.e. $500K a year to the end of his contract once they cut him and he re-signs with the Raiders, but they would be responsible for the amortized bonus over the life of the contract, i.e. if they signed him for 2 years and gave him a $200K signing bonus, the $200K would count against Washington's cap space this year & next. The player still has the bonus in his pocket and the "dead cap" is "chinese money" that coundts against the Skins salary cap for the length of the amortized bonus, i.e. this year & next if he signed a 2 year contract.

casdhf
11-05-2003, 11:22 AM
I've watched Rob play in Jacksonville, Buffalo, Tampa and Washington. He played his best ball for us, which was descent for 2 seasons. But he would be the worst starting QB in the NFL. The sacks just get worse and worse. I still don't understand the signing, there really must not be anyone else out there. Steve DeBerg or Dave Kreig?

Valerie
11-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Ð Jaded, maybe Clump or someone can explain dead cap to you.

I think the way it works is the Skins are not responsible for the salary i.e. $500K a year to the end of his contract once they cut him and he re-signs with the Raiders, but they would be responsible for the amortized bonus over the life of the contract, i.e. if they signed him for 2 years and gave him a $200K signing bonus, the $200K would count against Washington's cap space this year & next. The player still has the bonus in his pocket and the "dead cap" is "chinese money" that coundts against the Skins salary cap for the length of the amortized bonus, i.e. this year & next if he signed a 2 year contract.
Thanks for answering my question, Doug. I sorta get what you're saying. I'm just glad he's not making double salary for not working at all.

LMB
11-05-2003, 12:51 PM

He is.

The_Philster
11-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Scott
His only real problem is poor decision making, you would figure someone could coach that out of him.

You would think so but all this time in the league and it hasn't happened yet.

SABURZFAN
11-05-2003, 06:47 PM
:laughter:

he thought buffalo fans were bad.........wait until the RAIDERS fans get a hold of him.he'll be wishing he were in buffalo.

Cntrygal
11-06-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by LMB

He is.

:lol:

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
:laughter:

he thought buffalo fans were bad.........wait until the RAIDERS fans get a hold of him.he'll be wishing he were in buffalo.

:eek:

The Raider fans stab people in the stands..... RJ better have bodyguards.