PDA

View Full Version : Why Bears didn't trade for Drew...

clumping platelets
09-30-2002, 05:59 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay30.html

My only problem with this article:

the back handed disrespect the author shows for this region.

As nearly 73,000 fans cheered one of their few sources of pride in western New York--the Bills and the Goo Goo Dolls about cover it--Bledsoe rushed downfield and hugged his mates. It looks like a happy ending for a man whose career went sour in New England while Tom Brady became a folk hero

Why, in defeat, do out of town writers deem it necessary to attack the community. Jay Mariotti needs to be bee-itched slapped and I want to be first in line!

clump :spanku: Mariotti

4thAndLong
09-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Seriously, who actually LIKES the Goo-Goo Dolls?

Ed
09-30-2002, 06:08 PM
I love the Goo-Goo-Dolls

clumping platelets
09-30-2002, 06:10 PM
They sold out to pop rock........they were a punk band

The_Philster
09-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Hey!! Them's fightin' words. :2guns:
:D

the Goos ROCK!!:dj:

Ed
09-30-2002, 06:17 PM
hey, pop rock pays the bills and the Goo-Goo-Dolls have never written a song they're not proud of. They're talented musicians, whether they started out as a punk band or not.

4thAndLong
09-30-2002, 06:28 PM
I cant stand the Goo-Goo-Dolls. There's maybe one or 2 songs that I might like.

Novacane
09-30-2002, 06:32 PM
Good Article! And I thought the Buffalo Press could be hard on Bills coachs! How about this quote:

"Bledsoe, who was close to perfect in completing 28 of 36 passes for 328 yards and four touchdowns, good for an otherworldly passer rating of 141.7.

Which is at least twice the IQ of Bears playcaller John Shoop, "

Sounds like they ain't taken this loss to well!

The_Philster
09-30-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Ed
hey, pop rock pays the bills and the Goo-Goo-Dolls have never written a song they're not proud of. They're talented musicians, whether they started out as a punk band or not.

People bash them because their music has mellowed over the years. well.....NEWS FLASH!!! People change over time and sometimes mellow (you wouldn't know it watching The Helmet Guy but that's a different story). Johnny and Robby have changed their music slightly over time because their own musical tastes have mellowed.

lordofgun
09-30-2002, 06:46 PM
Jay Mariotti is terrible. His radio show is the only one on earth that's more boring than the Dan Patrick show.

lordofgun
09-30-2002, 06:47 PM
JAy Mariotti gives Bufalo no credit. We're one of a small handful of cities where a president was assassinated! That's gotta count for something!

Novacane
09-30-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
JAy Mariotti gives Bufalo no credit. We're one of a small handful of cities where a president was assassinated! That's gotta count for something!

:rofl: Yeah! What's he talking about one of our few things to be proud about! I can't believe he forgot that one LOG!

:rofl:

JefftheBillsfan
09-30-2002, 07:10 PM
goo goo dolls are pretty good...