PDA

View Full Version : How bout this WR

ryjam282
11-05-2003, 10:01 AM
He should be available next year and I have read from my SF friends that he is looking to jump ship. He would be nice to have along side Moulds huh? He is a tall guy who is fast with very good hands. What do you think?

Ryan

IHateTheDullphins
11-05-2003, 10:05 AM
I guess if you think WR is our biggest worry right now. Rather have some O and D linemen.

ryjam282
11-05-2003, 10:09 AM
I definitely don't think so but if Gilbride returns (please god NO) then we have to have at least 10 WR's on our team so he just put all 10 and a QB on the field and chuck it deep.

Ryan

BillsNick
11-05-2003, 10:10 AM
I like what I've seen, is he fast? I agree with IHTD though, WR is the least of our concerns right now.

If he's cheap why not?

WG
11-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
I guess if you think WR is our biggest worry right now. Rather have some O and D linemen.

Agreed IHTD!!!

What's wrong with the WRs we have?

Moulds, Reed, Shaw, Coleman, and Aiken? We're not gonna stock more than five who play solely WR.

IMO we don't need any WRs, RBs, TEs, DBs at all this offseason. Even if Winfield signs, our dollars will be much better spent on linemen on both sides and a QB, or two (1 FA, 1 draftee), that we need so badly.

If Winfield leaves, then let's just see what Thomas and McGee can do. Seems like this team is quick to dismiss draftees or very young players way too quickly. I mean if all you're gonna do is draft a guy, give him his rookie year (Wire), or his second year after not starting his first (Sullivan), and then demote them, what's the point of drafting anyone. Just trade all your picks for a few players.

The odds of finding a rookie that's not gonna experience some growing pains is almost nonexistant.

BillsNick
11-05-2003, 10:17 AM
we really need a stud DE I wish we had Freeney!

ryjam282
11-05-2003, 10:20 AM
I 2nd that one Bills Nick. What about the guy from Georgia? Can't remember his name but he looks good. Who knows, I am sure Donahoe will probably draft Maurice Clarett or something.

Ryan

WG
11-05-2003, 10:20 AM
McGee's got some good size for a small frame. He's the same size as Winfield with 15 more lbs. He seems to be able to move some.

If we're not certain that we're gonna resign AW, I would strongly urge GW/TD to start playing McGee to see how he is. Perhaps he'll be good against the run and can cover too. It wouldn't be too much of a step down and one that could easily be adjusted for w/ some playing time. But I've liked what I've seen so far in the limited playing time that McGee has had on STs and D.

WG
11-05-2003, 10:21 AM
We outta be able to grab a decent DE with the 6th thru 15th pick that we're gonna have.

The Spaz
11-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I 2nd that one Bills Nick. What about the guy from Georgia? Can't remember his name but he looks good. Who knows, I am sure Donahoe will probably draft Maurice Clarett or something.

Ryan

Yeah I really like David Pollack too but people will complain that he is white!:shakeno:

BillsNick
11-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Yeah I agree, We simply must get pressure on opposing QBs and keep the pressure off of ours. those two things right there = post season.

BillsNick
11-05-2003, 10:24 AM
I don't care what color anybody is, if they can get the job done, bring them aboard!!!!

ryjam282
11-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Kevin Greene was white right? He was decent.

Ryan

The Spaz
11-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by BillsNick
I don't care what color anybody is, if they can get the job done, bring them aboard!!!!

I totally agree I just know a few who were ripping on our current DE's for being white.

BillsNick
11-05-2003, 10:28 AM
not sure, I'm color blind. anybody whos got a motor on him even if he's purple, is good by me.

BillsNick
11-05-2003, 10:30 AM
I bet you Shoebel has a similar career to Phil Hansen's. Maybe aKelsay too, they all seem to be from the same mold!

BillsNick
11-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282

Ryan

:lol: Maurice Clarett! that's awesome Ryan!!

justasportsfan
11-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Seems like this team is quick to dismiss draftees or very young players way too quickly. I mean if all you're gonna do is draft a guy, give him his rookie year (Wire), or his second year after not starting his first (Sullivan), and then demote them, what's the point of drafting anyone. Just trade all your picks for a few players.

Exactly wys. Some fan even called Kelsay a bust already.

BAM
11-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Seems like this team is quick to dismiss draftees or very young players way too quickly. I mean if all you're gonna do is draft a guy, give him his rookie year (Wire), or his second year after not starting his first (Sullivan), and then demote them, what's the point of drafting anyone. Just trade all your picks for a few players.

The odds of finding a rookie that's not gonna experience some growing pains is almost nonexistant.

I agree man!!! I've been getting that feeling lately too...

We outta be able to grab a decent DE with the 6th thru 15th pick that we're gonna have

Are we trading up or something? :D

RedEyE
11-05-2003, 11:37 AM
WR's aren't currently an issue, but if were looking at WRs then let's look at Dennis Northcutt. He's currently lined up as 3rd WR in Clevland and posting decent #s. Great hands and great speed. He's availble next season and should come to Buffalo reasonably cheap. The Browns have been avoiding talks with his agent all year.