PDA

View Full Version : New Uniform Update from the Showdown . . .

John
07-22-2002, 01:17 PM
At the "Final Showdown" last night I had a chance to compare the Bills old unis to the new unis from the stands - a lot of people on the field were wearing Bills jerseys, old and new.

From the stands, the new away jerseys (white) are much better than the old away jerseys. The old are too plain. Also, the numerals on the new white jerseys look much darker than the pictures that were on the BB.com web site - they are definately royal blue not powder blue.

As for the home jerseys (blue), however, I hate to say that I like the old jerseys better than the new jerseys. The old blue has a lot more life to it - a bright blue that looks great against the green grass. The new jerseys look too dark, and the grey outline around the numerals does not help them stand out.

I still wish we put a logo on the jersey shoulders.

Anyone else compare the jerseys?

bduff54
07-22-2002, 01:19 PM
any pics of this game?

lordofgun
07-22-2002, 01:39 PM
I wasn't there, but thanks for the update! I think most everyone will grow to like the new unis.

Halbert
07-22-2002, 02:49 PM
Funny you should mention - just yesterday I told a friend of mine it was weird how the away jerseys seemed to be getting better looking every time I see them.

lordofgun
07-22-2002, 03:22 PM
wow! :D

PA Season Ticket Holder
07-23-2002, 12:41 AM
The away jerseys kick some serious ass. Can't wait to get one.

lordofgun
07-23-2002, 12:43 AM
just don't eat any wys sauce while you're wearing one! that stuff stains! :hungry:

PA Season Ticket Holder
07-23-2002, 12:44 AM
You just made me hungry now

SoCalBillsFan
07-23-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
Funny you should mention - just yesterday I told a friend of mine it was weird how the away jerseys seemed to be getting better looking every time I see them.

are you drinking in between looks? :D

Michael82
07-23-2002, 03:36 AM
I gotta agree with you on the most part. I watched the game too and saw two guys standing next to eachother in front of that metal gate around the field...One of them was wearing the old home jersey of Moulds and the other was wearing the new Moulds jersey. I saw that and realized that the new ones have more zip to them. I like how the names are more colorful and detailed, the red stripes and the red collar go together nicely and the new numbers look cooler than before. Also, when the new unis first came out, I hated the away jerseys but after seeing them on a bunch of people and seeing the old one, I realized that the old ones were very blah! The new ones look sweet with the red stripe on the sides and the navy blue shoulders are a nice addition. Also, the numbers are NOT baby blue, they are a royal blue....the EXACT same as the old home jersey color. The blue looked darker in certain areas and shades and when the sun was right on them, they looked lighter. But they looked pretty cool. I think i'm going to save up the money for an authentic home Bledsoe and i'm going to look for a Away Mike Williams jersey! :D

Cntrygal
07-23-2002, 07:27 AM
WELCOME PA Season Ticket Holder!!!!!!! :)

Aero II
07-23-2002, 08:32 AM
I can't wait to see the new uni's in action. I checked my Direct TV listings and the only Bills preseason game listed is against the Lions.
I can't wait that long!!!

Jas122
07-23-2002, 12:49 PM
I like the new digs more now than when they first came out, and I don't drink, so that's not it. :) I've been waiting semi-patiently to be able to get a personalized away-jersey off NFL.com, but no luck yet. They are still trying to unload the old ones.