• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

You got to be kidding me.

I went over to espn.com and saw that they had their first half pro bowl picks. Guess who their only bill selected was????

At midseason, John Clayton has his All-AFC team and five things to watch in the second half.

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Yeah I'm confused maybe another huge RT has been letting Drew get sacked these last 8 weeks or so. I really like this guy and has a lot of potentail but hasn't progressed as much as I would have liked from his rookie year.

Comment

• R. Rich
      • Apr 2003

The list should not have any Bills players on it now. The only serious candidate is Moorman, and right now, Lechler is just a bit better than he is.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
        • Sep 2003

I think Leg Moorman should make it...

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
          Let's Go Buffalo!
          • Mar 2003

I think Moulds is also a Canidate, he hasnt a single bad game hes played in. Moulds and Moorman should definately make it. Ruben will make it on his name.

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

Anyone care that we have the 2nd best secondary in the NFL??? No... OK.

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
              Let's Go Buffalo!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by venis2k1
              That's my point exactly!!! All you hear from People is Milloy Suck. Adams Sucks. Spikes Isn't playing well. Why did we Sign Posey?

People: Prior to the all around bad game we played in KC, We were the 3rd Best Defense in the NFL!!!! We were Number 1 against the Pass!!!! Teams were not passing for over 200 yards on us on average. Our defense is not playing as bad as we think. It only looks that way due to our lackadasical offense and thick headed Offensive Coordinator not being able to move the ball down field and thus giving opposing offenses look like world beaters putting up points on us because the have a field of 60 yards or less to move for a TD!!! Now im not taking complete blame off the defense or the players I mentioned above but lighten up, theyre still playing good defense!!

Comment

• BillsFever
                Mr. Predictament
                • Feb 2003

I hope he doesn't make the Pro Bowl. I think I remember reading that if he makes the Pro Bowl he will receive a peformance bonus or something like that.

The last thing I wanna do is pay more money for a RT that is underachieving.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

At this point this is just the opinion of John Clayton. I think that a lot of people have to express their opinions before the probowl honors are handed out.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Billsouth
                    • Jul 2002

he is obviously basing his opinion on the first 2 games when mw had alot of pancakes
                    "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Great, another Mediocre player on our Oline that will make the probowl, let it go to his head, and expect to get overpaid when his contract expires - why does the league hate us?
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Jeff1220
                        H to the 12:20
                        • Jul 2002

Maybe he's the new Reuben Brown.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
                          Ruben will make it on his name.
                          no he won't.it's rather obvious that his days in the Pro Bowl are over.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

Don't you guys realized by now that the Pro Bowl is more political than any sort of true reflection of how good players are!

Sure, there are some no brainers like Harrison every year, but after say 10 players, that's it. The rest is fan favoratism, politics of one variety or another, and other non-performance related measures.

That's why I almost completely dismiss it when people use Dredsoe's past Pro Bowl appearances as any sort of criteria for defending him as being anything other than average or thereabouts.

He made it in two of his three times as an injury substitution, and the other as the final alternate. Big deal. Back then the media had him penciled in before the seasons even began. The fact that he wasn't a first two or three vote in should reflect negatively considering.

Pro Bowls are poor criteria for actually ascertaining how good a player really is. If anyone should know that it's Bills fans w/ Reuben "Pro Bowl" Brown on our team. I don't think there are too many Bills fans even who truly believe he's one of the best Gs in the league.

The Pro Bowl and whether or not a player plays in it is totally overrated. Which players are good is obvious to any real fan possessing a knowledge of the game. And often "good" players and their performances are products of their systems instead of reflections of how good they really are. Just look at Peerless.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by venis2k1
                              Isn't this thread about the Pro Bowl? I don't think they vote in components of a unit; they vote in PLAYERS!! I don't think our guys suck, but none of them has had a standout season worthy of being voted to the Pro Bowl.

Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
                              That's my point exactly!!! All you hear from People is Milloy Suck. Adams Sucks. Spikes Isn't playing well. Why did we Sign Posey?

People: Prior to the all around bad game we played in KC, We were the 3rd Best Defense in the NFL!!!! We were Number 1 against the Pass!!!! Teams were not passing for over 200 yards on us on average. Our defense is not playing as bad as we think. It only looks that way due to our lackadasical offense and thick headed Offensive Coordinator not being able to move the ball down field and thus giving opposing offenses look like world beaters putting up points on us because the have a field of 60 yards or less to move for a TD!!! Now im not taking complete blame off the defense or the players I mentioned above but lighten up, theyre still playing good defense!!

They sure are, for the most point. Other than the KC and Jets games, they have played well.

Comment

Working...
                              X