PDA

View Full Version : Time for Teague to take a seat.

User Manuel
11-06-2003, 08:24 AM
I am not laying all the O-line troubles on Trey, but i am gonna lay the lion share on Trey, with honorable mention to Jonas Jennings. Trey is responsible for the line calls, which often look late and the the line looks confused, especially on inside stunts. Furthermore, Trey has, by my count, snapped the Ball over, through or by Bledsoe at least 4 times, mostly in critical situations throughout the first half of the season. That is inexcusable.

Jennings, i feel, is just not a left tackle, i feel he is probably a better guard than reuben, but he is exactly that, a guard.

You want my drastic response
reorganize the line like this:

LT: Williams
LG: Brown
C: Pucillo
RG: Jennings
RT: Price

Of, course, maybe it is just me. Whatta ya think?

SABURZFAN
11-06-2003, 08:29 AM
i think pucillo needs to take a seat.

User Manuel
11-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Pucillo hasnt been good, but I think he would be far more effective at center than guard.

zone
11-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Pucillo needs to sit he does not have the talent to play in the NFL. They need to put MS back in.

Valerie
11-06-2003, 08:48 AM
:welcome: Lawesome97! :)

I completely agree with you about Trey Teague. He sucks and I think he holds a lot of responsibility for throwing the offensive line off. I don't know how I would change it up, but I do think that Trey needs to go! And, he needs to go sooner rather than later!

Buh bye! :wave:

R. Rich
11-06-2003, 09:00 AM
Question: if you move Pussywillow over to his left a couple feet, does that make him strong enough to take on the DTs that are using him as a welcome mat now?

venis2k1
11-06-2003, 09:02 AM
has Pucillo ever played center, can he?

RedEyE
11-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Teague can't go anywhere this season. The Bills really don't have a replacement for him. However, I'm all for adding a true Center in the offseason.

And has Jonas been really that bad this year or perhaps his performance has been effected by the individual he plays beside. Line stunts can be difficult to handle when your partner doesn't know what the hell he's doing. JJ did extremely well last year. I can't imagine that his ability dissinegrated in a year's time. I chalk up the problems to Pucillo and/or the new OL coach.

IHateTheDullphins
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
the whole line sucks a big one. especially Ruben "holding all day" Brown. get rid of him and his huge contract.

ryven
11-06-2003, 09:38 AM
I will chalk them up with the new OL coach we were doing good run blocking last year. I do agree we needed to work on the pass protection but it was no worse than it is this year. and the only reason why I lay the problem on him is because he took out sullivan and he was doing an adeucate(sp?) job last year.

zone
11-06-2003, 09:46 AM
exactly, why is Pucillo in and Sullivan on the bench then?

Gunzlingr
11-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Welcome Lawesome97!

I agree something needs to be done, but I don't know what would be most effective.

BillsNick
11-06-2003, 09:49 AM
The first thing I did on xbox ESPN football franchise mode was trade Ruben and his huge contract to the Jax for a their First rounder. saved me almost 5 mil in cap space.

WG
11-06-2003, 10:56 AM
All I know is this;

I think Pucillo deserves to play a second season either as a G or C. We can't simply try a first time starter for one season and then remove him the next year in favor of yet another first time starter. You don't learn to play line in one single season, not well at least. TD/GW need to give these guys a chance. That was my ***** about our getting Milloy too. Wire won't develop, so drafting him was a waste now practically too, at least for a few years unless we cut Milloy which isn't going to happen.

We can't cut Teague either, or at least not w/ major cap ramifications since if I remember correctly, he got a $4M bonus, half of which would hit the cap if we were to cut him. So we may as well keep him since it'll cost about the same. Backup perhaps. He can't play T. Maybe he can play G, who knows. I just don't think he should touch the ball.

This is one of those areas where I really think TD messed up. We won't have a ton of cap bucks to fix our lines, especially due to the late signing of Milloy sucking up $4+ M in cap space each year.

I don't know how he's gonna do it quite honestly. The time to do it was this past offseason. But we had to toy with players like Posey, again, uncuttable next season, Fletcher, also overpaid, Teague, brought in to play T when it was plainly obvious that he wasn't ever going to do that w/ Drew in there and weighing only 290. Pucillo, Sullivan, are still relatively unknowns. How would Sullivan be doing if he were in there? Sure, we'd have had more chemistry, but the opportunity for that is gone now. Either one could step up or bust next year.

We haven't even discussed the DL. We can cut Adams' lard butt and get another real DT for a little more than the near $2M he's getting, so that's close to an even swap. We can likely draft a DE.

I'm very interested to see how Donahoe is gonna handle this offseason. Of course this is predicated on the notion that we're not gonna "pull it together" in the second half. But my money would be better spent that Judge becomes a conservative by the end of the season the Bills turning it around. :D

IMO if we do finish only 6-10 or even 7-9, or even 8-8 for that matter, Donahoe's job should be in jeopardy. Other GMs have had even less time to generate anything before getting fired. Four years is plenty and there are already strong signs and obvious indicators that TD's "rebuilding philosophy" isn't nearly as good as he seems to think it should have been.

Sure, it's partly the coaching, but who hired the coaches? In fact, who hired the worst and most detrimental coach on the staff, Kevin Gilbride, personally? TD did! So even if it is the coaches, TD's at least partially and indirectly responsible.

His choices for player acquisitions have been great for immediate ticket sales, but poor for onfield performance, and thus not good for future ticket sales. In fact, I'm expecting a season ticket sale decline next season even if TD were to sign a marquee defensive player. For sure a marquee OL-man ain't gonna bring many people in, and we won't have much money for more than one marquee D player if even that now since we signed Milloy.

ShadowHawk7
11-06-2003, 10:57 AM
ESPN Football Rox! It totally kills Madden. In the franchise mode I imediatly dealt Ruben brown for Edwin mulitalo. There are some great talent for ofensive line in the free agency, BillsNick

WG
11-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Is there a computerized coach in there...

:D

BillsNick
11-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
ESPN Football Rox! It totally kills Madden. In the franchise mode I imediatly dealt Ruben brown for Edwin mulitalo. There are some great talent for ofensive line in the free agency, BillsNick

I know! with the $ I saved by trading RB, I picked up DE McGrady who is 93 and Toni Boselli who is an 88, and I still have 2.3 million in cap space. ESPN franchise mode is truly awesome!

Wys- Yes there is a computerized coach in there, and He actually gets players according to team needs! go figure.

venis2k1
11-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Didnt Boselli retire?

R. Rich
11-06-2003, 11:38 AM
ESPN Football is good, huh? Maybe I'll see if I can get a used one somewhere. I'll check on eBay or some other site. I have Madden '02-'04 on Xbox and I like them, but there nothing special. My favorite football game that I own is NCAA '03. That game is awesome! I can't wait until I can get the '04 version.

BillsNick
11-06-2003, 11:42 AM
yeah, Boselli retired I think right before the season started. But yeah ESPN football is awesome. The way the players progress throughout the game is pretty realistic, but once you up the difficulty to all-pro, things get pretty hard. I've been known to throw a controler or two!

WG
11-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by BillsNick
Wys- Yes there is a computerized coach in there, and He actually gets players according to team needs! go figure.

I have a dream....

:D

BillsNick
11-06-2003, 11:49 AM
You know sumthin Wys? I would like to see what Modrak could do to this team, I think he could be a gem for us.

G. Host
11-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Personally I think the Bills need to try inserting some of the other players into the line. Sullivan never looked good in preseason (conditioning maybe?) so maybe that is why he is out but they brought in Ross Tucker who started at one point, give him a shot and use Marcus Price more. Maybe the starters will be better if they do not need to play every series.

zone
11-06-2003, 02:04 PM
ESPN rocks! roster updates are the bomb.....

User Manuel
11-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
has Pucillo ever played center, can he?

I believe he played center most of college. I remember him saying he was more comfortable at center than at guard.

Teague on the other hand made statements when he cme that he would rather play the exterior positions than center.

It is a shame Dave Wohlabaugh wasnt considered two years ago...

The_Philster
11-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Bring in a new center or switch Jennings over there and start Marcus Price at LT. BENCH Pucillo