PDA

View Full Version : I'm not exactly comforted by that little diddy on Sunday's game running on ESPN

WG
11-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Seems like the Boys are already more prepared than we'll ever be for any single game this season. Roy Williams scares me w/ Blew as our QB.

The Boys' players all seem extremely focused and prepared for this game. They certainly aren't looking past it to the NE game the week after or taking us lightly.

I don't have a good feeling here...

venis2k1
11-06-2003, 11:02 AM
They will be ready, expect ALOT of blitzes. Expect them to bring both safteys, and try to confuse our blocking schemes. The key to beating them will be us picking up their blitz, and us running the ball. if henry doesnt carry over 30 times, we will lose.

WG
11-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
The key to beating them will be us picking up their blitz, and us running the ball.

Oh, in that case I feel comforted...

....NOT!

Can you say 4-5

WG
11-06-2003, 11:09 AM
The only thing that we can seem to pick up on offense when other team's blitz us is Dredsoe's jock after all the sacks, disrupted plays, and poor passes.

EricStratton
11-06-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Have you ever had a good feeling going into a game.

Don't read to much into an ESPN clip about the Cowboys. You didn't really expect them to say on national TV they are looking past the game, did you?

WG
11-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by EricStratton

Have you ever had a good feeling going into a game.

Don't read to much into an ESPN clip about the Cowboys. You didn't really expect them to say on national TV they are looking past the game, did you?

Yeah, I had a GREAT feeling when going down to Miami!

SHAME on me!

WG
11-06-2003, 11:19 AM
I can pretty much assure you ES that I'm certainly not gonna have anymore "good feelings" heading into any games this year.

Even Houston at home or the Giants.

Fool me once, shame on you!

Fool me twice, shame on me!

As the Who said, "I won't be fooled again!"

WG
11-06-2003, 11:19 AM
You can be fooled tho...

... be my guest...

;)

Tatonka
11-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Seems like the Boys are already more prepared than we'll ever be for any single game this season. Roy Williams scares me w/ Blew as our QB.

The Boys' players all seem extremely focused and prepared for this game. They certainly aren't looking past it to the NE game the week after or taking us lightly.

lol.. they said the same thing that every player says before the games during pregame interviews.. they seemed MORE focused? whatever.. you have been convinced that we are going to lose this game for weeks, so you are just looking for anything to add to that..

and why you started this post is beyond me.. you have already stated in about 40 other threads how we are going to get killed this weekend.. we get it already.

repetative wys has a nice ring to it.

:D

caveboy
11-06-2003, 12:37 PM
"Can you say 4-5"

Not as well you can.

;-)

Rude American
11-06-2003, 01:17 PM
CAVEBOY? What the hell is that? Sounds like something that came out of my wife's nose this morning.

caveboy
11-06-2003, 03:28 PM
It wasn't her nose I came out of.

Hey, nice picture of your sister. That's why veils were invented.

;-)

WG
11-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

lol.. they said the same thing that every player says before the games during pregame interviews.. they seemed MORE focused? whatever.. you have been convinced that we are going to lose this game for weeks, so you are just looking for anything to add to that..

and why you started this post is beyond me.. you have already stated in about 40 other threads how we are going to get killed this weekend.. we get it already.

repetative wys has a nice ring to it.

:D

Actually T, I'm only one of many who are predicting a loss this week. However, if you've actually read my posts, by all rights this should be a very winnable game for us. But it's gonna be awfully tough to win on a 6 point offensive effort, wouldn't you agree.

I don't know what could possibly have happened in the bye week to alter the execution, which has been piss poor quite frankly, to ensure that all of a sudden we're gonna explode outta the gates and score 41.

The Boys seemed as if they were not underestimating this game at all, which I thought they might do given that they play NE next week.

You make these silly posts as if it's absurd to even conceive that the Bills would lose. At last check, Dallas was favored. They make the odds for a reason. Doesn't appear that more people believe that the Bills are gonna win than the opposite.

As I've said, if we can't win this week, you'll be looking at either 5-11 or 6-10 IMO. But I think it should be a very winnable game. Should!

But if we do lose, then perhaps you'd either start agreeing with me and others who are suggesting that perhaps things are a bit bleaker than we all realize and that we're nowhere near where TD said we'd be or where we should be. And then correspondingly perhaps we ought to quit applauding everytime TD runs to the can. ;)

WG
11-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Seems like you and many of my other biggest critics enjoy hearing from me T. Otherwise it seems you wouldn't all be making posts egging me on to being forward when I start simple little objective threads asking very open ended questions.

:)

Always happy to oblige. I'm glad to know that deep down you just can't keep from being reminded. :D

OpIv37
11-07-2003, 01:30 PM
The key will be beating the blitz- not picking it up. Our O-line isn't good enough to stop a 3 or 4 man rush, let alone a blitz. I see 3 keys:

1. Sam Gash (we've discussed this in another thread- Gilbride needs to let him play).
2. Draw plays and delayed hand-offs to Henry- let them over-pursue then burn them.
3. Screen passes and short passes- if we can beat them on a few of these, they'll have to cut back on the blitzes

Notice that the running game precedes the passing game- if they're blitzing DB's and linebackers, it should be easy to get Henry into the 2nd or 3rd level of defense before he's tackled.

Tatonka
11-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Actually T, I'm only one of many who are predicting a loss this week. However, if you've actually read my posts, by all rights this should be a very winnable game for us. But it's gonna be awfully tough to win on a 6 point offensive effort, wouldn't you agree.

I don't know what could possibly have happened in the bye week to alter the execution, which has been piss poor quite frankly, to ensure that all of a sudden we're gonna explode outta the gates and score 41.

The Boys seemed as if they were not underestimating this game at all, which I thought they might do given that they play NE next week.

You make these silly posts as if it's absurd to even conceive that the Bills would lose. At last check, Dallas was favored. They make the odds for a reason. Doesn't appear that more people believe that the Bills are gonna win than the opposite.

As I've said, if we can't win this week, you'll be looking at either 5-11 or 6-10 IMO. But I think it should be a very winnable game. Should!

But if we do lose, then perhaps you'd either start agreeing with me and others who are suggesting that perhaps things are a bit bleaker than we all realize and that we're nowhere near where TD said we'd be or where we should be. And then correspondingly perhaps we ought to quit applauding everytime TD runs to the can. ;)

i dont think you read my posts sometimes.. whether or not we win this game, which i think we will most likely lose, your post is about how dallas players look "focused" and really seem to be read for this game..

my point is.. what the hell do you expect them to do????

"hi roy williams, im andrea cramer, mind if we talk about your match up against the bills this weekend?"

"sure thing!.. have you seem my cadillac grills, shorty? 22's kickin and system bumpin. oh yeah.. and i ment to show you my new bling bling i got. what where you saying again?"

"hmm.. ok.. oh, hello antonio bryant, i am andrea cramer.. do you mind answering some questions about the bills matchup this weekend?"

"yeah, sure andrea... hey.. did you notice the 4 new gold caps i got? i got a full mouth of gold now. i felt like it was really important to get the mollers done to give it that hi pro glow effect. whatcha think, shorty? you wanna meet up for a drink tonight and we can continue this conversation? i have an appointment to get my nails done, i have to run."

:rolleyes:

Dozerdog
11-08-2003, 07:59 AM
:rofl: :lol:

:lol!: