PDA

View Full Version : USA Today's Mid Season Report

R. Rich
11-06-2003, 01:25 PM
This is interesting. Take a look at who they selected on their mid season All-Pro team. It's hard to believe that they left off Stephen Davis and Jamal Lewis! Wow.

USA Today's Mid Season Progress Report (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2003-11-06-nfl-halfway-point_x.htm)

What do you think of their 'report'?

LtBillsFan66
11-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Haha. Pride and AWM are going to freak when they see Winfield listed as an all pro corner.

Though I don't agree that he's all-pro, I give him much, much more credit than some here do.

R. Rich
11-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Haha. Pride and AWM are going to freak when they see Winfield listed as an all pro corner.

Though I don't agree that he's all-pro, I give him much, much more credit than some here do.

I think he's good, but not THAT good. Where's Aaron Glenn? Tory James? Charles Woodson? Dexter McCleon? Dre' Bly? All of those guys are having Pro Bowl caliber seasons as well. At safety, where's Ed Reed? He's having an awesome season for the Ravens.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-06-2003, 01:39 PM
No way Winfield is an all=pro.

LtBillsFan66
11-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
I think he's good, but not THAT good. Where's Aaron Glenn? Tory James? Charles Woodson? Dexter McCleon? Dre' Bly? All of those guys are having Pro Bowl caliber seasons as well. At safety, where's Ed Reed? He's having an awesome season for the Ravens.

Maybe Winfield's agent is working hard...

Jeff1220
11-06-2003, 01:45 PM
What does USA Today know? :chuckle:

zone
11-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Winfield is the best tackling corner in the league. Also he the most tackels for losses on the entire team!

IHateTheDullphins
11-06-2003, 02:08 PM
USA today sucks a big fat **********

WG
11-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by zone
Winfield is the best tackling corner in the league. Also he the most tackels for losses on the entire team!

Agreed!

Too bad his coverage skills are only average. Otherwise he'd be tops all around.

I agree tho, you can't make All Pro w/ just run cover skills as a CB.

I don't see any problems with any of this. Holmes does a lot more than Davis overall. Davis doesn't do receiving. Same w/ J. Lewis, much. Holmes is an all-around monster.

ArcticWildMan
11-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

:shakeno: I just want to know who his agent is paying off. :D

DraftBoy
11-06-2003, 02:21 PM
I agree he is the best tackling CB in the league, and maybe once a publication isnt basing there all-pros on just cover skills but on all around play. Nice thought but not a shot in hell of happening

justasportsfan
11-06-2003, 02:22 PM
MVP: Steve McNair, QB, Tennessee — He understands when he has to take over a game and proceeds to deliver.

This is exactly what Drew needs to be doing . Know when he has to stay cool and not force things when it isn't needed. The problem is that on 3rd and short or in the redzone , he decides to call his own no. or follow Gilbride by passing short. This is when he ends up w/ all the INT's in the endzone.

He leads the team down the field and then blows it in the endzone. All the teams effort is all for nothing. Team moral, confidence, rythm , momentum is lost.

Coach: Bill Belichick, New England — His attitude simply is that there are no excuses for losing, and his Patriots reflect that What's GW excuse for the teams performance? None.

Jan Reimers
11-06-2003, 02:25 PM
What, no Lawyer, no Sammy A., no TKO, no Posey? What kind of genius do we have running this team, anyway?

R. Rich
11-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Agreed!

Too bad his coverage skills are only average. Otherwise he'd be tops all around.

I agree tho, you can't make All Pro w/ just run cover skills as a CB.

I don't see any problems with any of this. Holmes does a lot more than Davis overall. Davis doesn't do receiving. Same w/ J. Lewis, much. Holmes is an all-around monster.

So, let's just take a look at the top RBs and their numbers:

Rushing

AFC

Holmes(present): 165 att 770 yds 4.7avg 12TDs

Lewis (present): 187att 1,045yds 5.6avg 6TDs
Portis (present): 157att 793yds 5.1avg 5TDs
Tomlinson(present) 156att 780yds 5.0avg 5TDs

NFC

Davis (present): 193att 992yds 5.1avg 5TDs
Green (present): 172att 871yds 5.1avg 8TDs
McAllister(present): 195att 871yds 4.5avg 4TDs

I don't know if, by looking at that, we can say Holmes is having THE best season to date. Because he has 12TDs? Is that all it takes? Well, then Travis must be, what, 2nd or 3rd in line? After all, he has 9TDs on the season. I am not so quick to dismiss a potential 2,000 yard rusher and a guy who is on pace to rush for 1,560 yards while catching 94 passes (Tomlinson)! Not to mention the other backs who are having solid all-around years (Ahman Green's receiving numbers? 35 rec, 281 yds, and 3 TDs; not bad!).

G. Host
11-06-2003, 03:08 PM
He has been kicking great balls in tough stadiums in cases where Bills have needed to kick away from KR's.