PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Thumbtacks vs Wanny's Washedouts

G. Host
11-06-2003, 02:04 PM
I still have hope of making the playoffs and the only way we get a wild card slot is if one of the other teams in slot #5 or #6 fail.

Titans, Miami & Denver and hold slots 5,6 & 7 now. If Miami wins and we win we maintain pace with Miami and closer to Titans. If Miami loses and we win we are one game closer to Miami but are no closer to Titans. I am expecting Denver to faulter continuing winning streak.

If Bills lose after bye week to NFC Least opponent it really does not matter - they did not retool during bye week.

Despite wanting to Miami to lose often and painfully by custom is it better for Bills that Miami or Titans lose IF the Bills have a chance to make the playoffs. If you don't think Bills have any chance it really doesn't matter.

Jan Reimers
11-06-2003, 02:20 PM
The Titans are one of the best teams in football. They will make the playoffs. We will have to get by the Fading Fins and the Busted Broncos to play in January.

Novacane
11-06-2003, 02:54 PM
You really need to ask that question? There ain't now way we are gonna finish with a better record than Tennesee or Indy. I think it's a stretch to think either of them will lose 5 games at the very most.

That leaves us fighting for 1 WC with probably Miami and Denver. Of course we root against Miami this week.

G. Host
11-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Yes I need to ask. I think Miami will fade in December (Ricky Williams is already worn down) and getting ahead of Titans may make a difference between going to AFC South or AFC North for playoff game. I think Patriots and KC will get bye game and remember how Miami got easy win because they visited weak Seattle team in playoffs?

Novacane
11-06-2003, 03:07 PM
We won't get ahead of the Titans even if they lose to Miami. I'd bet all my zb's on that one.

The only way I would EVER root for the ****ing fins is if it came down to the end of the season and the Bills HAD to have them win to get in the playoffs. Even then it would suck doing it!

Novacane
11-06-2003, 03:11 PM
I get way to much enjoyment listening to phin fans cry after a loss to ever root for them. :D

G. Host
11-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
We won't get ahead of the Titans even if they lose to Miami. I'd bet all my zb's on that one.

But at what odds? 2-1, 3-1, 10-1, 100-1?

Titans obviously have an advantage but they have no backup QB with much experience anymore and their RB is walking wounded. If McNair, a QB I think is one of best in league, gets banged up I think they could fall fast like Atlanta.

SABURZFAN
11-07-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I get way to much enjoyment listening to phin fans cry after a loss to ever root for them. :D

me too.:up:

Gunzlingr
11-07-2003, 12:06 PM
I hope McNair passes for 500 yards and 6 tds...