Hmmm........Would a Decent Coach be Enough to Lift Bledsoe Higher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Hmmm........Would a Decent Coach be Enough to Lift Bledsoe Higher?

Statistics rarely tell the whole story, but these statistics really made me stop and think.

• Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

W-L is a lot better. That's pretty important.

Comment

• BillsFever
      Mr. Predictament
      • Feb 2003

This shows that he has been mediocre no matter who the coach was.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
        W-L is a lot better. That's pretty important.
        Is it though? + 5 out of 59 games. I'd hardly call that A LOT better.

Comment

• socalfan
          Old Fogey from Cali
          • Feb 2003

Wow, it looks like Drew hit a wall a long time ago....although you can't say even half of all NFL QBs have a career rating over 80.

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

What is shows is that NE's success was NOT due to their passing game. That's what it shows.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• User Manuel
              The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
              • Nov 2003

I agree, New england has always been able to run when they have been good. Maybe not 120+ yard games, but they have always been able to get the tough yard.

The biggest thing about Parcells, Belichek, Johnson all the top coaches of the last 20 years is this:

In the modern NFL turnovers and DUMB penalties hurt you more than just about anyones natural ability. They are the greatest equalizer.

The best coaches teams don't make the critical mistakes. Bledsoe, while full of talent, brimming with it, makes mistakes at extremely crucial times.

Poor coaching allows that, it might not cause it, but it does allow it.

Great coaching recognizes these flaws and either teaches a way to improve on these flaws or figures a strategy to avoid them.

Williams can't do that.

What I wonder is this. Why doesn't anyone question Bledsoes football sense more. I get the feel his real problems come when he needs to adjust?

Just a thought.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

Well, they will be "questioning his football sense more", I can guarantee you that. If you thought his first half was bad, then close your eyes for the second half. It ain't gonna get any prettier.

As to coaching, the primary culprit is Gilbride, who as you say not only does not "coach around" Dredsoe's flaws, he actually "coaches into them" if you can believe that.

That's why when everyone was raving last year that "the Bills best chances are when the ball is in Drew's hands" I thought it was ridiculous and the facts supported that the more attempts he had the worse the team did. It's the complete opposite as you suggested. Gilbride isn't made of what it takes and one of these days when he finally passes on, perhaps they can do an autopsy and find out what's actually inside of his head.

I'm curious myself!

Rocks, sand, crabs, fruit bats, Farina, donuts, solid waste, ...who knows, but it ain't brains!
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• ajsdx
                  • Aug 2003

no

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                    New and Improved!!
                    • Aug 2003

I'm gonna go out on a whim and say...........no frickin way.
                    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

That's why when everyone was raving last year that "the Bills best chances are when the ball is in Drew's hands"
                      everyone?
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Hmmm........Would a Decent Coach be Enough to Lift Bledsoe Higher?

No, but an eye doctor might.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• caveboy
                          • Oct 2003

Doubt it is just the coach that would make that happen. As several have mentioned, OC plays a big part. What gets me is that more and more, Gilbride seems to have him living off a steady diet of 5-7 step drop patterns for plays with long routes.

Drew has made the short, quick slants or screens this season, so it's not that he physically can't make the throws, but it seems like they don't want him to do that. The glamerous 'big plays downfield' for 50 yards are nice, but if they ain't making them, nothing wrong with a dump-off for 5-10 yards.

A lot of teams seem to have no problem throwing short. Watch how many times he looks off open receivers, (Henry, Gash), coming out of the backfield in favor of someone doubled up downfield.
                          "Your job is to protect your quarterback – me."

Comment

• Voltron
                            • Jul 2002

I am still 100% behind Drew but I am getting annoyed with his John Madden approach to interviews. You ask him a question and he becomes Mr. obvious "We need to become more consistent in the red zone" GEE YA THINK!

I mean come on Drew stop playing Joe PR and say what you think instead of the old OBD "Talking points" that are handed out like at a politicol convention.
                            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• zone
                              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                              • Oct 2003

How about a decent line.
                              www.blzbus.com

Comment

Working...
                              X