X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Parcells has confidence in Carter

Quincy Carter started the season as a bus driver — Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells' term for an average quarterback expected to play it safe.

But with the Cowboys owning a 6-2 record midway through the season, Parcells' faith in the third-year player from Georgia has grown so much he now seems ready to put Carter behind the wheel of a sportier vehicle.

"I have confidence in Quincy," Parcells said earlier this week. "I really do. Here's the difference. When we first started and he made a mistake, I wasn't surprised. When he makes one now, I'm surprised.
    more

Last year, he would have been considered a weakness that we could exploit. Now, we have to look at him as a more dangerous weapon. The discipline that Parcells provides for the Cowboys has been a God-send to his career. Too bad we couldn't have gotten him in here to coach our team.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

I only cliked on this thread this cuz I knew I would see those pic in your sig. Nothing against you, I just really like her.
    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
      [i]The discipline that Parcells provides for the Cowboys has been a God-send to his career. Too bad we couldn't have gotten him in here to coach our team.
      You mean Gregg isnt a disciplinarian?

Comment

• helmetguy
        Touch the helmet for luck
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
        You mean Gregg isnt a disciplinarian?
        He SAID he was!

You can see the discipline on this team.........................if ya squint!
        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

Only people that never watched Quincy Carter play the last couple of seasons are suprised at how well he's doing (or actually, only people who look at Carter's stats instead of his ability are suprised at how well he's doing).

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

Hell, I'm surprized because I always thought of him as just another Option QB who was brought in until a REAL QB could be found.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
            X