X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XNOUGHT
    • Mar 2003

Is Spikes a bust?

Your giving up yards after yards in the running game? The same thing was happening last year and Spikes was brought in to stop it.

What is going on?
    I'm lost.
  • Brian Griese Rulz
    • Aug 2003

Crappy D-Ends.

Comment

• Thailog80
      Im not a chick!
      • Apr 2003

TKO is no bust man.

"Let's Roll"
      Todd Beamer
      Flight 93
      9/11/01

Comment

• socalfan
        Old Fogey from Cali
        • Feb 2003

The Bills have cut the number of rushing yards per game. I believe the Bills have had only two games in which the opponent ran for more than 100 yds.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

He can't do it all alone. Sam Adams hasn't been as strong as promised and our DE's are rather light and easily pushed around.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• loyal2dagame
            • Nov 2003

i'd like to think sam adams is our big "bust" move of the off season. the guy is outta shape, runs his mouth too much, and thinks he still has game.

adams was a bad pickup in my opinion.

as for spikes, i wouldnt call him a bust. maybe if our d line got a hand on a back once and a while, he wouldnt be so wore down from running all the time(same goes for fletcher and posey).

spikes isnt the bust- the entire d-line is.

no pass rush + no run stop= tired linebackers and secondary.

i've yet to see spikes lay off a p;ay this year, but have seen the d-line give no effort at times.

put the blame where it lays.
            four straight superbowls and not a single win.........i love my buffalo bills!!!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

This is common sense and TD should have figured this out last year.

All I remember is getting lambasted for even remotely suggesting that OLBs weren't going to make up for the lack of a true pass rush and more particularly for a crap DL.

It's so obvious yet TD can't seem to put it together, which again, tells me that perhaps it's time for a new GM.

Nothing's wrong w/ TKO and even if there is we'll never know until we get a line in front of him.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Re: Is Spikes a bust?

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
                Your giving up yards after yards in the running game? The same thing was happening last year and Spikes was brought in to stop it.

What is going on?
                Are you saying it wasn't Eddie Robinson's fault! Take it back.

P.S. Seemed to make a difference in Patriots game, don't you agree?

Comment

• User Manuel
                  The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                  • Nov 2003

The guy that concerns me is Fletcher. He isn't having a bad year, I guess I just expected more.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                    New and Improved!!
                    • Aug 2003

Yes, I too expected him to fly around the stadium in his cape, savin damsels in distress. too bad all he can do is tackle like a machine and make plays. what a loser he is. kill him!!!
                    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                      New and Improved!!
                      • Aug 2003

Oh, and if you think spikes is a bust, you were most likely a Rob Johnson supporter....Oh! sorry Wys, nothing personal. ha ha DBs
                      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

The problem is the offense goes 3 and out.

In games where the time of posession and the amount of plays between the Bills and their opponents are even, then the Bills defense does mor ethan hold it's own.

But there have been some games out there where the opposition has had a 2-1 edge in time of possession, and has just been able to run more plays. look at Miami- Miami didn't do much offensively- they racked up all those yards because they were given twice the opportunities to run plays- why was that? Because the offense was 3 and out every damn play. Same with the Philly and Jet games.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                          • Jul 2002

The coaching staff is a bust. TKO is one hell of a LB.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• fushetti
                            President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                            • Feb 2003

No
                            "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                            Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              He can't do it all alone. Sam Adams hasn't been as strong as promised and our DE's are rather light and easily pushed around.
                              Short and to the point. I said that our DEs were the problem way back in preseaon after seeing it firsthand in the game against the Ravens.

Originally posted by loyal2dagame
                              i'd like to think sam adams is our big "bust" move of the off season. the guy is outta shape, runs his mouth too much, and thinks he still has game.

adams was a bad pickup in my opinion.

as for spikes, i wouldnt call him a bust. maybe if our d line got a hand on a back once and a while, he wouldnt be so wore down from running all the time(same goes for fletcher and posey).

spikes isnt the bust- the entire d-line is.

no pass rush + no run stop= tired linebackers and secondary.

i've yet to see spikes lay off a p;ay this year, but have seen the d-line give no effort at times.

put the blame where it lays.
                              It's the DL more than the LBs! Once we get more stability at the DE position, we'll see better production out of our LBs. I still believe that this is a very good group of LBs.

Comment

Working...
                              X