PDA

View Full Version : Away games

jaja54
11-07-2003, 08:04 AM
I was listening to a local radio show here in Miami by Hank Goldberg. Some of you might recognize him from ESPN. He was talking about your game in Dallas this week and gave out the following stat....

In your away games this season, Bledsoe has 5 TDs 15 INTs and has been sacked 26 times.

He also said the Parcells came out and said that he wasn't worried about Drew because he knew that once Drew was hit hard acouple of times he became a different (not for the better) QB.

This is NOT a smack (trust me the way the Fins are playing I have no reason to Smack) but I thought it was a rather interesting tidbits of information.

User Manuel
11-07-2003, 08:26 AM
Sounds to me like he is stating the obvious. Drew tensds to start making mistake swhen they get to him early without blitzes. If they haveto resort to blitzes to get pressure then he seems to tear them apart.

Problem is, teams are getting to Drew with 4 and sometimes 5 guys rushing.

jaja54
11-07-2003, 08:28 AM
I was amazed at how bad his "On the road" numbers are.

R. Rich
11-07-2003, 11:34 AM
It's tough to explain. He's not getting any better protection from the OL at home than he is on the road. I just hope he snaps out of it quickly. We need him to be at his best for the stretch run. Without good performances from Drew, we just might be sunk for this season.

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2003, 11:56 AM
It all comes down to if we are ahead or behind in the game. Our road games have all been losses (except the Jags) and Drew seems to panic when we are behind and his play goes downhill fast.

helmetguy
11-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Then, again, Gilbride goes into panic mode the first time Henry gets stuffed at the line!

OpIv37
11-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Then, again, Gilbride goes into panic mode the first time Henry gets stuffed at the line!

I've noticed that too- Heny can have 18 yards on 3 carries, then he'll get stuffed once and Gilbride won't run another rushing play for 6 quarters. Essentially, he lets one good defensive play shut down our entire ground game. The defense doesn't have to stop Henry- Gilbride does it for them.

The_Philster
11-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by jaja54
In your away games this season, Bledsoe has 5 TDs 15 INTs and has been sacked 26 times.

Actually, that's over the last 8 road games stretching into last season.
Looks like he read Chris Brown's column in the latest issue of Bills Digest

HotRod
11-09-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by OpIv37
The defense doesn't have to stop Henry- Gilbride does it for them.

That has to be the truest statement that I've read all week.