X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Raiders

This is going to be our toughest test to date.

I'm impressed about the way our run D came together this past week. I do have some concerns, though...

Our pass D has some issues, especially if Watson is out there. Double it if Bostic is out there. We need to shut down 3rd down situations.

Our D has been dying in the 4th quarter - we don't seem to be able to stop anything. Is this a conditioning issue? I could see it in Denver, where the altitude is a definite advantage for the Broncos, but we did the same thing against the Bears. It would be great to take a 4th Quarter lead and actually keep it without having to go to OT!

We're gonna have to mount a pass rush if we want to beat the Raiders.

Our O can put up some points against the Raiders, especially if Drew throws to Eric, Peerless, Josh and Jay instead of Rod Woodson!

I think we have a very real possibility of beating these guys this week. It's going to be our biggest test so far (IMO even more than going to Denver). If we can beat these guys, look out NFL! WOOOOOHOOOO!
  • Rebecky
    • Aug 2002

With this offense, the sky is the limit -- not even the Raiders can cover that may receivers and a hot qb.

Come on D -- the Raiders are OLD, you can wear them out! Eat your Wheaties!

Comment

• Mad Bomber
      • Jul 2002

Could be a 48-42 game...

As long as we get the 48 I'm happy!

Comment

• CalBillsFan
        • Jul 2002

IMO, The Raiders are better on paper then the Bills. Therefore the coaches will be a huge factor in how the scheme and decide to play against the Raiders. I trust that Gilbride and Bledsoe could pick apart almost any defense. Especially a Raider one missing Charles Woodson. The test for the coaches, GW and Gray, is how they decide to defend against the Raiders great ground attack vs their 2 future hall of fame recievers and efficient QB.

The Bills need to learn how to stop opposing teams in clutch 3rd down situations. If the bills can do that, I think they could win.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

This is gonna be one of the most exciting games this season

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Have any of you seen a link about Woodson being out? The Raider site made no mention of it.
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Two words to describe why the Raiders will beat the Bills:

Chris Watson!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Judge
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Rebecky
                With this offense, the sky is the limit -- not even the Raiders can cover that may receivers and a hot qb.

Come on D -- the Raiders are OLD, you can wear them out! Eat your Wheaties!
                Exactly- let's have a track meet. See who's standing last: the younger Bills or the old veteran Raiders?

Early prediction: Bills 59 Raiders 56!
                Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  Two words to describe why the Raiders will beat the Bills:

Chris Watson!
                  Unfair.

Think back- how many of the penalties called on Watson have you thought were really ticky-tack marginal calls? I think at least 1 in each of the last 2 games was a bogus penalty.

On top of that- Watson is our #3 CB, and yet he's been forced into covering the #1 WR on the opposing team on a seemingly regular basis for at least the past 3 games. Considering he's gone up against Moss, Rod Smith, and Booker regularly, he has hung in there.

And he made a HUGE pass defense in OT Sunday- to lead to the WIN!

Stop singling out Watson as a scape goat.

I'm going to make this a separate thread, I think!
                  Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge
                    Early prediction: Bills 59 Raiders 56!

although I would love to see a game like that...ain't goin' happin'....

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

although I would love to see a game like that...ain't goin' happin'....
                      Why not sir?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

Why not sir?

115 points in an NFL game??? The Bills and SF had a game with no punts scored under 90 combined.

Comment

• Judge
                          • Aug 2002

115 points in an NFL game??? The Bills and SF had a game with no punts scored under 90 combined.
                          You never know!

Never say never!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

250 Zonebucks says they stay under 100 combined.

Comment

• Judge
                              • Aug 2002

250 Zonebucks says they stay under 100 combined.
                              Give me huge odds- I'd be the one taking the chance!

How about 70 over/under?!

Comment

Working...
                              X