PDA

View Full Version : "I'm proud of Drew," Parcells said.

zone
11-07-2003, 09:20 AM
That just goes to show what a great QB Bledsoe is, if one of the best if not the best coach in the league would be happy to have you on his team, you've done something right IMO.

IHateTheDullphins
11-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Drew would be twice the QB he is now if we had Parcells.

justasportsfan
11-07-2003, 09:55 AM
I know a wys man who disagrees w/ Parcells.

If Drew insists on playing like he did against KC, let's make Parcells dream come true and ship him to Dallas. I'd like to see what he can do though w/ a decent HC before I make any conclusions.

I always thought Drew was "the" most overrated player in the entire NFL when he was w/ NE but he's a better than option than Robosack.

Drew: " I will be more proud of the sb ring I win with Buffalo".

Times a running out Drew.

WG
11-07-2003, 10:38 AM
LOL

Yeah, we'll see how proud ya all are after he tosses 3 picks on Sunday.

WG
11-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Why is it that we're always relying on external opionated statements instead of hard evidence for letting us know how good Drew is?

This has exactly been the problem ever since Drew's gotten into the league.

And here's a question for ya, how do we know this isn't simply a subtle statement made by Parcells to get into Drew's head?

One thing I have noticed is that whenever Drew is hyped up in the media, he usually doesn't support it on game day.

We'll see.

I can see it now, he's gonna finish the season with 16 TDs, 25 INTs, 65 sacks, and everyone's still gonna be thinking "Wow, for $6M we sure have a deal on our hands!" :rolleyes:

For those of you thinking he was worth a first rounder, shoot me a PM. I've got all kinds of 'goodies' to sell ya at a 'great deal.'

:)

WG
11-07-2003, 10:44 AM
And I suppose somehow Parcells' opinion supercedes Drew's horrendous play this season, eh...

It truly is incredulous...

justasportsfan
11-07-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
LOL

Yeah, we'll see how proud ya all are after he tosses 3 picks on Sunday.

I'm willing to bet he won't throw 3 INT's against the cowboys. Whoever is wrong picks up the tab when we watch the colts game?

casdhf
11-07-2003, 11:41 AM
I'm just curious if they win if you're going to disappear again for 2 weeks lol

helmetguy
11-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I'm just curious if they win if you're going to disappear again for 2 weeks lol

One can only hope, huh?

zone
11-07-2003, 01:00 PM
That will never happen, wys will be bledsoe hating till the day he retires as a bill, and even once they raise his name on the wall of fame. (it will happen one day)

Trust me if the o-line got things straitened out in the bye week, eric is back to 100%, reed is catching balls, and we deside to finally run then drews #'s will reflect the qb that he is. Your only as good as your team.

IHateTheDullphins
11-07-2003, 01:06 PM
No, sometimes Wys just leaves for a while, then comes back. it's wierd. He's like Zoro of the zone. Who was that masked man??? ha ha

WG
11-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I'm willing to bet he won't throw 3 INT's against the cowboys. Whoever is wrong picks up the tab when we watch the colts game?

Gee, that's "mighty white" of you to make a wager that says if Drew tosses 2 or fewer picks you win. :rolleyes: Quite the confidence there, especially if he does toss 2 and what shoulda been 2 or 3 more.

3+ I win

0 or 1 you win

2 a push

Loser buys the wings..., double order!

:D

WG
11-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by zone
That will never happen, wys will be bledsoe hating till the day he retires as a bill, and even once they raise his name on the wall of fame. (it will happen one day)

Trust me if the o-line got things straitened out in the bye week, eric is back to 100%, reed is catching balls, and we deside to finally run then drews #'s will reflect the qb that he is. Your only as good as your team.

If..., if..., if..., if...

Blah, blah, blah...

That's what it's gonna say on Blew's tombstone: "IF"

justasportsfan
11-07-2003, 02:00 PM

Gee, that's "mighty white" of you to make a wager that says if Drew tosses 2 or fewer picks you win. :rolleyes: Quite the confidence there, especially if he does toss 2 and what shoulda been 2 or 3 more.

3+ I win

0 or 1 you win

2 a push

Loser buys the wings..., double order!

:D

Now, now. YOU said 3 picks and I'm just calling you on it. Don't you have confidence in your own statements? :D

If you really didn't think he was gonna throw 3 picks why did you say it?

Why did I even bother to ask? :doh:

XNOUGHT
11-07-2003, 02:10 PM
We got a 1st rounder for Drew!!

Tee hee :biggrin:

justasportsfan
11-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
We got a 1st rounder for Drew!!

Tee hee :biggrin:

Oh Puhlease Xnought. The Pats were the joke of the AFCE until Drew came along. Most of my Pats fan friends cheer the bills when they aren't playing the Pats.

BTW, we got our 1st pick back and we got a gimp. :scratch:

Typ0
11-07-2003, 02:18 PM
That just goes to show what a great QB Bledsoe is, if one of the best if not the best coach in the league would be happy to have you on his team, you've done something right IMO.

Parcells drafted drew what do you expect him to say?

G. Host
11-07-2003, 03:47 PM

We will see if it is true if Bills choose not to exercise option in contract and pay Drew the bonus next November needed to keep him a Bill.

I think it more likely that Wys will become a vegetarian and give up chicken wings than the Tuna is not just giving a line ....

BillsFever
11-07-2003, 04:33 PM
What's Parcells gonna call him a useless bum?

I remember coaches talking about how they feared RJ when he was here too.

mybills
11-07-2003, 06:59 PM

That's what it's gonna say on Blew's tombstone: "IF"

:rofl:

Why do so many fans like (arm only) QB's? :scratch:

That's all Drew is and ever will be! :dizzy:

mybills
11-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

I remember coaches talking about how they feared RJ when he was here too.

Make that "coaches" too. He's another example of an (arm only) QB.

I guess I will never understand that! :cynic:

The_Philster
11-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by mybills
Make that "coaches" too. He's another example of an (arm only) QB.

I guess I will never understand that! :cynic:

What do you mean by arm only? If you're talking about one with limited mobility, how much did you watch RJ?

mybills
11-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Arm Only:

No mobility
Unable to scope the field
Hold on to the ball for more than a minute & get sacked
etc, etc, etc...they are twin brothers!

The_Philster
11-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Arm Only:

No mobility
Unable to scope the field
Hold on to the ball for more than a minute & get sacked
etc, etc, etc...they are twin brothers!

then that's not RJ....the last two points you're correct on...but RJ, for all his faults, had plenty of mobility...he was just not smart enough to use it when he needed to.

BillsFever
11-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Drew Bledsoe is a healthy Rob Johnson.

mybills
11-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

then that's not RJ....the last two points you're correct on...but RJ, for all his faults, had plenty of mobility...he was just not smart enough to use it when he needed to.

I've seen Drew run when he didn't have the ball...even tackle guys and forcing a fumble. Does that mean the same thing?

:rofl:

HenryRules
11-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Who was the last QB that was not a pocket passer that won the Super Bowl?

That is why fans like QB's with arms - you can't win with legs, only with arms.

BillsFever
11-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

That is why fans like QB's with arms - it's the only way you win.

They also need a head on their shoulders.

I'll take a smart QB with a weak arm like Montana, Manning, Brady, Brad Johnson or Pennington anyday over the week then a dumb QB with a great arm like George, Bledsoe, or Rob Johnson.

WG
11-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Now, now. YOU said 3 picks and I'm just calling you on it. Don't you have confidence in your own statements? :D

If you really didn't think he was gonna throw 3 picks why did you say it?

Why did I even bother to ask? :doh:

So naturally, in a "no loss" wager if he doesn't toss at least 3, you're bowing out....

NICE!!!

And you wanna lecture me on my statements.

Some things such as other players catching a ball are beyond my control. The general crux of the statement by me was that he's gonna sh#@ the bed v. Dallas. That much I'll all but guarantee.

And the funny thing is that even if he has one good game this week not inconsistent w/ his 3 or 4 games each season, you and others will be saying "See, Drew really is good" as we all as Bills fans have to sit here and watch him toss the next three or four games!

Go figure....

The one bowing out of this is you, not me. ;)

I understand however...., I wouldn't do it either if I were you.

I can see that you're soooo confident that you are not sure that he won't toss 2 picks.

I'll even sweeten the pot and nullify the deal on my end if I win if he tosses as many or more TDs.

What can be more fair?

Essentially I'm now saying Drew's gonna play miserably!

If you agree, then don't make the wager. If you don't, then make it. But let's quit w/ making this about me instead of what the point really is!

mybills
11-08-2003, 10:18 PM

Tom Brady. :shakeno:

The Spaz
11-08-2003, 10:50 PM

Tom Brady. :shakeno:

Tom Brady a scramler I think not!:lmao:

The_Philster
11-09-2003, 06:13 AM
C'mon Wys...you DID say 3. It's a bold statement and you're backing out of it?

mybills
11-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

He's not an (arm only) QB either! He asked who was the last one to win the SB that WASN'T an arm only. ;)

WG
11-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
C'mon Wys...you DID say 3. It's a bold statement and you're backing out of it?

I did say 3. But Phil, can I help it, as in numerous times already tihs season, a defender has the ball in his hands or pads from Drew and then drops it?

I don't think so.

If you're arguing that Blew will be showing how he's worth the $6M he's getting if he tosses only 2 INTs, isn't particularly effective otherwise, and can't toss more than a TD, perhaps not even 1, then just say so and we can put this Blew Dredsoe argument to rest.

Yes, I did say 3. But why should just capitalize if Blew just tosses 2? What did just do to deserve me having to buy him a double order of wings if Blew tosses 2 INTs to only 1 or even 0 TDs!

Come on Fellas! You think I'm stupid?

I've made it absolutely no-lose for just by making 2 a push. However, since this wager is all about Blew, and since I'm taking all this heat b/c of my views on Blew, I see no reason why I should payout w/ a horrendous 0 TD/2INT performance.

Here's yet another offer:

We go +/- 1 order of wings for every INT TD tossed.

I.e. for each TD, just gets 1 point (1 order of wings), for each INT I get 1 point.

So, let's say Blew tosses 4 TDs to only 1 INT, then just is up 3 wings. What can be more fair, own up to the entire point of the wager to begin with, and give just the perfect opportunity to cash in on my foolishness and ignorance! Right?

Only someone believing that Blew isn't going to do that, namely toss more TDs than INT.

And quite frankly, if he can't, then at least have the decency and courtesy, and honesty, to agree with me that Blew isn't worth what we're paying him. Anything less would be "uncivilized." :D

At least I'm seeing that those blowing the most smoke about Blew are not really serious about what they're saying and only arguing w/ me for the sake of "arguing w/ me! ;)

And, Oh, BTW, if he can't do it in this game, then I think we can all forget about most of the rest of the season. With the bye week, Dallas being one of the weaker teams, us needing this particular game more than anything, if Dredsoe can't dig deep and find it within himself to toss more TDs than INTs, then I say he needs to go at the end of the season and that the $6M would be better spent on a $2M QB FA option who will do the same and free up $4M to boot for some O and D linemen!

;)

Again, glad to see that those of you screaming the loudest about Blew are the least likely ones to ante up.

:snicker:

Don't worry tho, I understand, and your "secret" is safe w/ me!

:laughter:

WG
11-09-2003, 08:03 AM
And if it's so "bold" Phil, you're welcome to take advantage of my foolishness!

Just shoot me a PM prior to KO...

WG
11-09-2003, 08:12 AM

That is why fans like QB's with arms - you can't win with legs, only with arms.

Right! And naturally, and seemingly only when discussing Blew, Defense, coaching, STs, clock management, field position, play calling, etc. never seem to have much to do with it.

Dilfer won for the Ravens.

Brad Johnson won it for the Bucs last year.

Rypien won it for the Skins.

Doug Williams the same.

Who was the QB for the Giants v. us in the SB, Hoss or Sims?

Aikman won it for Dallas.

I'm sure there's another 15 teams we could run through too...

...and not a one of them could have possibly won it w/o those QBs...

:rolleyes:

What is this, "one-dimensionality central" when we're talking about Blew.

Anyone arguing that a QB who tossed 5 TDs to 12 INTs in 5 playoff games with barely over a 5 YPA, barely over 50% complete, and barely over 200 YPG is seriously biased.

And if you back out his marvelous "big play" SB peformance of 2 TDs/ 4 INTs, then he's 3/8 in the other 5 games. WoW! Woooowheeee!! Sign me up! :ugly: :finfan:

If support such as that were over any other QB, you guys would be all over it mocking it forever and you know it.

:shakeno:

The biases are amazing here....

Meanwhile, everyone's quite content like the lemmings to stand there and go jumping off the cliffs wasting the nest who-knows-how-many seasons on a QB who hasn't had a anything more than an average season in 6 years now and ain't getting any younger,....or smarter or wiser either apparently.

This does serve as good amusement however!

Sadly, the longer the fans hold on, the longer we have to have no hopes of any success in the playoffs.

Gosh, I sure am excited...

:rolleyes:

WG
11-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

He can move Spaz, that's more than Dredsoe can do.

Funny tho, for years, Dredsoe didn't have "the team around him." Then, he starts the '01 season much in the same fashion that he's started many others, namely indicative that he's headed for about a 16/16 season, the team can't score except vs. scrub teams, it has no chemistry on O, etc.

Then, he gets hurt, Brady comes in, whom you and others mock, and takes the exact same team that doesn't have what it needs "around him" presumably, and the same exact team that Blew had for years for the most part yet couldn't do anything with, and takes them to the SB and wins it, and doesn't play nearly as poorly as Blew played in the playoffs.

Sure, he didn't light things up, but neither did Blew, ever! The BIG difference was that Brady didn't help the other team achieve their goals like Blew did regularly throughout the playoffs!

Funny how that works, eh....

WG
11-09-2003, 08:21 AM
Oh yeah, and Brady has a better season in his rookie performance year than Blew has had for most of his entire career, then he outperforms Blew's best the very following season!

Incredible bias here....

IHateTheDullphins
11-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Whwn Blew runs, it looks like he's running through4 feet of water.

mybills
11-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Whwn Blew runs, it looks like he's running through4 feet of water.

:lol: 4' of water with a 2x4 up his :gag: !!!!