XNOUGHT
11-07-2003, 02:56 PM
"HOW TO FIX THE BILLS"

Course 101

The "Cut" Phase

Cut Fat ass Sam Adams

Cut ***** face Milloy and bring back the clearly superior Coy Wire

Any DE not names Shobel gets thrown off the Niagra Falls

Put Bledsoe in a cannon, and launch him into Canada. j/k! Trade Bledsoe and a 3rd rounder for a teams 1st rounder. Or a 2nd rounder. I am a Pats fan and you guys are going nowhere with him.

Make a rocket. Stuff Gilbride, Gregg, and Donahue in it(any extra room will be used for Dolphin fans). Then launch the rocket into France. Within months, the country will shatter at the seems as everyone underachieves and becomes predictable and annoying(if they already arn't).

The "Sign/Trade" Phase

Sign Brunell/Holcomb/Gannon/Shaun King

OR you can trade for Warner or Jeff Garcia. I think you should stick to signing instead.

SIGN JAVON KEARSE!!!! SIGN JAVON KEARSE!!!!! This guy will solve 90% of your problems and allow you to play with 8 in the box to stuff the run, or 6-7 DB's back as Kearse will cause mismatches all along the line.

Resign Winfield by threatening/telling him how great it would be to have Woodson, Bailey, Law, or McAlister.

"Move Mike Williams to LT. Your paying him to be an LT. He might as well play that spot."

Sign a good O-Line coach, preferably Mike Maser of the Panthers who is turning a bunch of rookies and backups into one of the NFL's top units. You guys have the talent there, but you can't seem to execute.

SIGN JAVON KEARSE!!! I had to mention it again.

Sign Tom Coughlin. He is an offensive coach. And *gasp* you guys need offense! He is also tough and gives his team a killer instinct, attitude, and a toughness to take it to the next level.

Sign the Vikings Offensive Cordinator/QB Coach Scott Linehan. He likes to run, run, run and his offense lets you put X QB in(EX. Gus Ferrote went in and did well). Moulds will fill in for Moss.

THE DRAFT!

You have two 1st rounders and 10 Million of Cap room now that Milloy, Bledsoe, and Sam Adams are gone. Draft a DT, WR, and a DE in that order. We will assume you traded the 3rd rounder away.

You then use Travis Henry as Stephen Davis and Willis McGahee as Deshaun Foster.

You will average 180 yards rushing a game. Coughlin and Scott turn Shaun King into Brunell of 1998 and Shaun throws for 25 TD's and 5 INT's.

The Defense ranks in the top 3 as Kearse gets 15 sacks, and Clemens and Spikes have All-Pro years.

You go 13-3 and everyone has a dumb and goofy smile on thier faces.

Slash and Burn style

Dozerdog
11-07-2003, 03:13 PM
1- I think you are drinking the Chicken Wing Kool-aide

2- If the Bills cut everyone, the pats would go unconteseted for the division.

3- I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the Pats, if they had the opportunity- would sign Adams in a heartbeat. They took a flyer on a less-healthy Ted Washington

lordofgun
11-07-2003, 03:41 PM
We're already going to have tons of cap room. We don't need to cut people. :up:

Tatonka
11-07-2003, 04:31 PM
that is actually a great post.

The_Philster
11-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
2- If the Bills cut everyone, the pats would go unconteseted for the division.

Well, consisdering the guy who posted this thread is a Pats fan, I'm guessing that's the general idea.

mybills
11-07-2003, 06:51 PM
I'd rather shuffle the OL players like a deck of cards and if that doesn't work under GW & KG & Co...#$%^&* get rid of the coaches!
Actually, I'd like the coaches gone now, but evidently they aren't going to be leaving any time soon. :mad:

lunatic_bills_fan
11-07-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
that is actually a great post.

You said it T!! If X was running the Bills right now, we'd be way better off!!!!!!

Turf
11-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Obviously things like cutting Bledsoe and Milloy are not only cap hell issues, but are coaching staff related.
I would make predominantly non player moves. I would trash most of the coaching staff. They are to blame for this mess.

HenryRules
11-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Brunell, Holcomb, Gannon, King, and Warner ... none of them are starting QB's and all would command significant salaries or else hold out ... how would any of them be an improvent over DB?

Move Williams to LT - who cares how much money we're paying him ... he can't pass block at RT, why the hell should we move him to LT? He's making the money regardless of where he's playing, he might as well play where he hurts us the least.

Tom Coughlin ... good f'n luck. Have you followed the NFL at all?? He will never sign with a GM as power-hungry as TD and his biggest problem is that he needs a solid GM ... Coughlin had his chance and he's now (deservedly) going to be the Ted Nolan of the NFL.

Coy Wire is ass ... if he wasn't expected to do so little, no one would talk about him at all.

Go back to watching the Pats ... they're more entertaining and have a better team anyway ... you're obviously not watching the Bills close enough

lordofgun
11-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Brunell, Holcomb, Gannon, King, and Warner ... none of them are starting QB's and all would command significant salaries or else hold out ... how would any of them be an improvent over DB?

Move Williams to LT - who cares how much money we're paying him ... he can't pass block at RT, why the hell should we move him to LT? He's making the money regardless of where he's playing, he might as well play where he hurts us the least.

Tom Coughlin ... good f'n luck. Have you followed the NFL at all?? He will never sign with a GM as power-hungry as TD and his biggest problem is that he needs a solid GM ... Coughlin had his chance and he's now (deservedly) going to be the Ted Nolan of the NFL.

Coy Wire is ass ... if he wasn't expected to do so little, no one would talk about him at all.

Go back to watching the Pats ... they're more entertaining and have a better team anyway ... you're obviously not watching the Bills close enough

Now THAT is a great post. :up:

EM Bills Fan 80
11-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
"HOW TO FIX THE BILLS"

Course 101

The "Cut" Phase

Cut Fat ass Sam Adams

Any DE not names Shobel gets thrown off the Niagra Falls

Put Bledsoe in a cannon, and launch him into Canada. j/k! Trade Bledsoe and a 3rd rounder for a teams 1st rounder. Or a 2nd rounder. I am a Pats fan and you guys are going nowhere with him.

Make a rocket. Stuff Gilbride, Gregg, and Donahue in it(any extra room will be used for Dolphin fans). Then launch the rocket into France. Within months, the country will shatter at the seems as everyone underachieves and becomes predictable and annoying(if they already arn't).

The "Sign/Trade" Phase

Sign Brunell/Holcomb/Gannon/Shaun King

OR you can trade for Warner or Jeff Garcia. I think you should stick to signing instead.

SIGN JAVON KEARSE!!!! SIGN JAVON KEARSE!!!!! This guy will solve 90% of your problems and allow you to play with 8 in the box to stuff the run, or 6-7 DB's back as Kearse will cause mismatches all along the line.

Resign Winfield by threatening/telling him how great it would be to have Woodson, Bailey, Law, or McAlister.

"Move Mike Williams to LT. Your paying him to be an LT. He might as well play that spot."

Sign a good O-Line coach, preferably Mike Maser of the Panthers who is turning a bunch of rookies and backups into one of the NFL's top units. You guys have the talent there, but you can't seem to execute.

SIGN JAVON KEARSE!!! I had to mention it again.

Sign Tom Coughlin. He is an offensive coach. And *gasp* you guys need offense! He is also tough and gives his team a killer instinct, attitude, and a toughness to take it to the next level.

Sign the Vikings Offensive Cordinator/QB Coach Scott Linehan. He likes to run, run, run and his offense lets you put X QB in(EX. Gus Ferrote went in and did well). Moulds will fill in for Moss.

THE DRAFT!

You have two 1st rounders and 10 Million of Cap room now that Milloy, Bledsoe, and Sam Adams are gone. Draft a DT, WR, and a DE in that order. We will assume you traded the 3rd rounder away.

You then use Travis Henry as Stephen Davis and Willis McGahee as Deshaun Foster.

You will average 180 yards rushing a game. Coughlin and Scott turn Shaun King into Brunell of 1998 and Shaun throws for 25 TD's and 5 INT's.

The Defense ranks in the top 3 as Kearse gets 15 sacks, and Clemens and Spikes have All-Pro years.

You go 13-3 and everyone has a dumb and goofy smile on thier faces.

Slash and Burn style

:bf1:

Can I nominate this for Post of the YeaR?

XNOUGHT
11-07-2003, 11:25 PM
I can honestly say I am getting alot of feedback.

This is either a hit or miss post, and considering it is about the "Slash and Burn" method, I wouldn't expect it any other way.

You guys need to watch the Panthers. When I look at them, I think the Bills can do THE EXACT SAME THING!!!!

Difference....you have Eric Moulds and a MUCH better defense.

That is the team you guys should model after. Once Willis is healthy next year, he can team with Travis to run the ball.

You guys are soem close to fixing your problems

_______

You don't even have to get rid of Bledsoe(but I SERIOUSLY reccomend it).

Sign a good offensive lineman.

Get a new offensive Coordinator and Coach.

And sign Kearse and you guys are set. That is as easy at it gets. This team can be so much better it is scary.

The Spaz
11-08-2003, 09:23 AM

I agree with pretty much on everything except I don't think TD is as power hungry as everyone thinks because he has a former GM working side by side with him. I would think that those 2 talk all of the time and sort through different issues and get them resolved because Modrak has been around for 3 years on the Bills.

helmetguy
11-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I agree with pretty much on everything except I don't think TD is as power hungry as everyone thinks because he has a former GM working side by side with him. I would think that those 2 talk all of the time and sort through different issues and get them resolved because Modrak has been around for 3 years on the Bills.

The "power hungry" label comes from the Bill Cowher's tantrums when TD was in Pittsburgh. Funny, isn't it, that the Steelers decline has coincided with TD's departure? If Rooney could have found a way out of paying Cowher the balance of his contract three years ago, TD would still be in Pittsburgh. Check it out. How good does Cowher look NOW as a Head Coach, considering he doesn't have nearly the horses he used to? Unfortunately for us, though, GW HAS most of the horses, but still can't get anything out of them. I'd say Cowher is a decent HC, and GW simply REEKS!

MelK
11-08-2003, 10:51 AM
"HOW TO FIX THE BILLS"

Course 101

The "Cut" Phase

Cut Fat ass Sam Adams

:rofl: - if you had people to replace them- we migh take you seriously. So Sape and Wire are vastly superior to Adams and Milloy? Barstool GMs.....Ha ha ha

Posts like this kill me. They assume there are 31 GMs in the league dumber than rocks. There are only a select few teams that
1- Have the cap space for Bledsoe
2- Need a QB
3-Haven't drafted one high in the past year or two

And the Draft this year is stocked to the brim with QB's. Why trade for Bledsoe when you can get Eli Manning?

And the Jevon Kearse thing- I'd think that would be an awesome move- a Spikes like splash-even biger- this season- But there are plenty of other coaches out there. Unfortunatly, our biggest drawing card for him to come here, his former coach- will be fired.

The only thing that makes any sense is the rocket thing with the dumbass coaches

HenryRules Post sums up the rest of my feelings on this.
13-3 with this method? You have a much greater chance at 3-13

WG
11-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Obviously things like cutting Bledsoe and Milloy are not only cap hell issues, but are coaching staff related.
I would make predominantly non player moves. I would trash most of the coaching staff. They are to blame for this mess.

WTH are you talking about!

Cutting Dredsoe saves us $6M in salary and doesn't "cost" us a dime. If we sign someone for $2M, then we have $4M to spare!

Cutting Dredsoe is one of the best things we can do from any standpoint!

Dozerdog
11-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Except get someone to play quarterback.

Cap room is not an issue- cutting the QB just leaves you with a pathetic AVP to run your team

WG
11-08-2003, 09:48 PM

You jest!

Over Bledsoe? Gimme a break! ALL of those would be in instant improvement simply via lack of bumbling errors. Some of you overrate Blew incredibly! I have no idea what you're basing Blew's worth on other than sheer fantasy. And no, I'm not talking bout FFL either.

If Wire sucks so bad, then let's begin talking about replacing Donahoe as GM. He's waiving off his last year's 4th rounder, his 5th round lineman in '01 in favor of a 7th rounder last year. He signs bumblers like Jenkins, Teague, Fletcher, Posey, Denney, Adams, ... Y-A-W-N....

Nice post X!!! I'm not 100% on it, but you get my vote! It's better overall than we have now.

Just don't forget to add a GM who can tell when he's drafted a DE instead of a RB who won't play.

Dozerdog
11-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Warner? He's becoming the next Chris Chandler- fragile! How is it with all the weapons at his disposal., and given every opportunity to hang on to his job, that he's still riding the pine?

Gannon os old. Let's get a QB on his last legs.

King- If he's any good at all, why did Tampa Draft Simms? Bring In Johnson? LOSE OUT TO ROB JOHNSON!

Holcomb- He's staying in Cleveland. You want Tim Couch?

Brunell- MAYBE- but with this line, what difference would it make?

Grasping for straws, wys

Typ0
11-08-2003, 11:09 PM
we need to draft manning and keep bledsoe for another year or two...

Firing all the coaches and bringing in monkeys to call the plays would also be a step in the right direction.

I really like the rocket into France idea!

BADTHINGSMAN
11-09-2003, 01:28 AM
I cant see any team in the NFL that would trade a 1st round pick for Bledsoe the way he is playing.. 2nd rounder at the most.. If someone will thats great.. Other than that the post was great Xnought..

BuffaloRanger
11-09-2003, 01:48 PM
There is no way in hell a coach takes a lateral transfer to another team. We aren't going to get another teams successful O-cord or O-line coach to come to Buffalo and do the exact same job. Why would they move?

We don't have a shot at getting Eli Manning unless we lose the next 8 games.

Plus since Buffalo has only developed ONE true rookie QB in it's entire history (Ferguson) and he had the Juice to hand-off to his first year, any rookie QB will fail here. There is too much pressure from impatient fans/media that if the guy struggled at first, fans would be chasing him out of town.