• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myers57
    Registered User and McLovin stunt double
    • Sep 2003

Trade Speculations...

I was checking out the new trade section of Sabreszone.com and saw that Max Afinogenov has been offered in many trade offers...

Of course you know my opinion, NO!

This team is a more exciting team with Max in the franchise, so many fans I see at games have 61 on the jerseys for the excitement he brings onto the ice...

Bad ideas and I hope he doesn't go anytime soon, or I may have a dead user id...
  • Don Cherry
    BFZ Hockey Commissioner
    • Oct 2002

What's he doing here? not much- send him out west- Maybe package him with Noronen for a tough stay-at-home defenseman

Comment

• Myers57
      Registered User and McLovin stunt double
      • Sep 2003

Thats even worse, your getting rid of my two favorite players on the team!

Comment

• alyson
        Sabre11 Rules the TZ!!!!
        • Sep 2003

I would hate to see Max go. I think he adds a lot to our team. In fact, I can't really think of anyone I'd want to see go. I don't have the hatred of Biron that others have... although I'd like to see Miller up here more this year.
        The WORST would be if Miro left. I might have to rethink my allegiance to the Sabres and start following whoever he would go to (at least until he retired!).

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

Max should go, hes a puckhog, when he does pass they are soo damn fancy, his own teammates dont know their coming. The moron never shoots the puck, he waits and does his little deke moves which never work unless hes goin 1 on 1 with the goalie!
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

It's not a hatred of Biron- of the 3 goalies he's my personal favorite.

But we Have 3 Goaltenders- 2 bonafide starters (Biron, Miller) and one of the best backups in the league (Nooronen)

Right now this team needs some scoring and a solid mean defenseman. Biron is our best ticket to get them.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

I totally agree Dozer.

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

i agree with Dozer also but i think regier might hold off trading biron until the trade deadline.there's going to be a team that needs a goalie down the stretch and it could result into an extra/higher draft pick.
                before we start pi$$ing and moaning about draft picks instead of players,let's not forget that we're under new ownership and we almost lost our hockey team.we're also at .500 now(which is a surprise to me after our start)so there's no need to push the button for a trade as of yet.let miller get some time in the minors.it'll only help him in the long run when he's playing every day and not sitting. that doesn't mean we can't trade other players though.the maxi trade offers make sense because what is he doing now and what has he done in the past?it's time we get rid of him,the c.brown's,the zhitnik's,and the other sluggos who've been around doing nothing but collecting paychecks.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  it's time we get rid of him,the c.brown's,the zhitnik's,and the other sluggos who've been around doing nothing but collecting paychecks.

Brown? Hm...did you actually watch the game last night? Yeah, I know, we lost, but I thought he played a great game. He was there to help out our pussy defence whenever he was on the ice.

Comment

• fushetti
                    President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                    • Feb 2003

Afinogenov should be a speedskater...cuz he's a pretty bad hockey player. He reminds me of Sanderson when he played here. He skates too damn fast for the rest of his body. Plus, he always...ALWAYS loses the puck in the neutral zone. When i watch him, it looks like his stick blade is about a half an inch wide. The puck never stays on his blade! Then he can NEVER hit the net. I swear he walked right in on Friday against Montreal to the bottom of the faceoff circle and blistered a shot 5 feet wide on Theodores short side. On top of all this he's got the Russian Mafia fear in his head. Maybe if he sucks, they won't bash his skull like last year.
                    Last edited by fushetti; 11-09-2003, 11:44 AM.
                    "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                    Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally

Brown? Hm...did you actually watch the game last night? Yeah, I know, we lost, but I thought he played a great game. He was there to help out our pussy defence whenever he was on the ice.
                      i didn't watch the game and that would be a great time to get rid of him then.i've grown tired of watching him and the others that i've named.it's time to bring in some more new blood.just my opinion.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                        • Dec 2002

i doubt we will trade anyone till the deadline..

Cuz Ruff Boy thinks he has a Winning Team Now
                        Skate Zilla
                        -----------------------
                        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

We do have winning team if we get a new coach.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

i didn't watch the game and that would be a great time to get rid of him then.i've grown tired of watching him and the others that i've named.it's time to bring in some more new blood.just my opinion.
                            ok, I don't disagree with that, then. although I think a coaching change would accomplish more than player changes.

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Boulton is mad because he doesnt get enough ice-time, ice-time for what? He does ****. Hes in the box more than on the ice so whats the point? Give him the boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X