PDA

View Full Version : Prisco's Halfway Report

WG
11-09-2003, 07:39 AM
He rates us a "D" grade at midyear.

Only the Jets have a D also and only five other teams rated an F grade.

Seems like the only ones thinking we're much better than that, to date, and things unchanged in the second half, are right here on these boards.

Prisco's Halfway Report (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6808403)

The_Philster
11-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Seems like the only ones thinking we're much better than that, to date, and things unchanged in the second half, are right here on these boards.

What boards are you looking at? We've been pissed at this team across the board. But when the next game rolls around, we have to show a little excitement and enthusiasm. I'm picking the Bills to win today but that's mostly because I never pick against my team.

shelby
11-09-2003, 08:03 AM
We should be better than that.

The mediocrity of this team pisses me off, but i am still a Bills fan, and therefore i will watch the games and scream at my TV week in and week out.
:madcurse:

Michael82
11-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
What boards are you looking at? We've been pissed at this team across the board. But when the next game rolls around, we have to show a little excitement and enthusiasm. I'm picking the Bills to win today but that's mostly because I never pick against my team.

Good post! :bf1:

I guess Wys' black colored glasses have clouded his view completely. He looks at the board from one side only. If we don't bash Drew, we are a Drew lover, it we call TD a genius, we are a TD lover, if we still cheer and root for our team, we are idiots and not realistic. You actually think we would give our team much better that a D? I might give it a D+ or C-....but that is all. You on the other hand wear your black colored glasses all the time, that you can't see. I don't have my rose colored glasses on, and I know many other people don't....but we gotta still root for the Bills and be optimistic. If you asked me what I thought about this team and what I feel their record will be...I would say, I'm hoping for the playoffs and 9-7 or 10-6, but I truly feel that with this **** coaching staff and Bledsoe making the terrible mistakes, that we will do no better than 7-9 or 8-8.

WG
11-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

IDK there Phil. I know no one's happy, but seems to me a LOT, a 2/3 by that poll on our own boards, are expecting a win today!

That doens't really seem to match, especially when I'm continually berated for suggesting that we're headed for a loss. There are a handful of others who think we're gonna win and that we're not as good as Dallas, but the general talk and discussion has been about how we're better than an overrated Dallas team.

I guess you're missing most of that, eh.

Keep reading, you'll find it. It's right there...., in front of you...

:)

WG
11-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Meanwhile, when I suggest that we're playing like an 0-8 or 1-7 team and that we are currently among the bottom quarter of teams in the league, why then am I taking heat for that then if everyone agrees w/ me?

Prisco's ratings don't disagree w/ me.

So is everyone in agreement then that we're playing far worse than last year, that we have no shot at beating at least 5 of the remaining 8 teams on our schedule other than by luck, injuries (to them), or due to some other bizarre and extremely unusual circumstances?

Say so then! I haven't heard it. I'm hearing talk of being .500, being capable of winning 5 of our last 8, etc.

6-10! top 8 draft pick! Bottom 25% of teams in the league.

Now, if you're right Phil, then everyone will come on and say, yeah, Wy's is right!

:)

What do you think is gonna happen....

:rolleyes:

LMAO

Debating w/ you guys is always so much fun..., really! :snicker:

Michael82
11-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Why the hell did we have to let you out of your pen? :shakeno: :eek: :yikes:

shelby
11-09-2003, 08:32 AM
i agree with you, wys, that we are playing worse than last year. i agree that, odds are, we will not win 5 of our next 8.

But i am a Bills fan, and i will still get excited for each game, and root for my boys. Because on any given Sunday.....you never know what will happen.

As Berman says, "that's why they play the games."

:gobills:

Dozerdog
11-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Is Prisco back to being a genius again? Just curious- when he agrees with you he's on the money- when he doesn't he's a pompous ass.

I'd rate the Bills a C myself. Offense=D, Defense A- or a B+, Special Teams get an A.

The Bills defense has been put in impossible situations this year- out on the field for 40 + minutes a bunch of times, and the only games in which the Bills were blown out (Jets, Chiefs) the offense had a combined what- 10-11 turnovers?

If we had an offense that could burn clock and generate 1st downs running, this would be a top 3 defense.

The_Philster
11-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by shelby
i agree with you, wys, that we are playing worse than last year. i agree that, odds are, we will not win 5 of our next 8.

But i am a Bills fan, and i will still get excited for each game, and root for my boys. Because on any given Sunday.....you never know what will happen.

As Berman says, "that's why they play the games."

:gobills:
Exactly my point

Originally posted by Wys Guy
IDK there Phil. I know no one's happy, but seems to me a LOT, a 2/3 by that poll on our own boards, are expecting a win today!

Maybe a lot of people are like me...refusing to pick against our own team. It's bad luck, IMO. But I will say this...I would love some of what those guys who said we'd win by 7 or more points are smoking. Dallas is a good team with Parcells running things.