• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

We coulda had this guy...

Biggest draft steal
    Dan Koppen has started eight games for the Patriots at center after being a fifth-round pick, and his solid play has allowed the team to keep Damien Woody at guard, where he has played well.

Biggest draft steal

Instead, earlier in the same round, our "genius" leader Donahoe seems to prefer:

"Durability is extremely questionable. Hasn't played much since starting in '98. Toughness is also questionable, as he doesn't show much in the way of pain tolerance. Is sensitive to criticism and has had continuous shoulder problems.

Summary: Has shown he can be a dominant player, but history of injuries hurts his chances of getting drafted."

Nice job Tom!

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Any genius can look back and pull a ton of all-pros and HOFer's that were passed over by every team a number of times. If i recall, you weren't whining about drafting this guy in April

Give me a break

What is the point to this? More 20/20 hindsight?

Why not dog the guy for not buying Microsoft stock when it was cheap in 1985?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        I agree! I am getting so sick of all the Tom Donahoe, Drew Bledsoe, Sam Adams, Ryan Denney, Dick LeBeau bashing. Let it go already! We get your damn point!

Comment

• EricStratton
          • Jul 2002

31 teams and hundreds of player went before him and yet Tom is the bum.

I sense an agenda.

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

Yeah TD really missed the boat there. So did everyone else when Joe Montana wasn't selected untill the 3rd round

Threads like this have made me a once a month poster. This one was irritating enough to bring me out of my hole for 30 seconds though
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton
              31 teams and hundreds of player went before him and yet Tom is the bum.

I sense an agenda.
              Yup, Wys is out to get anyone named Tom Donahoe, Drew Bledsoe, Sam Adams, Kevin Gilbride, Dick LeBeau, Trey Teague, London Fletcher, Jeff Posey, Ryan Denney, Antoine Winfield, and Lawyer Milloy.

But yet, he likes Jerry Gray and doesn't think Gregg Williams has done that bad!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

And I wonder if Modrak had a hand in passing this guy over.....

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Hey Wys- we will expect your Mock draft by February.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                    Yeah TD really missed the boat there. So did everyone else when Joe Montana wasn't selected untill the 3rd round

Threads like this have made me a once a month poster. This one was irritating enough to bring me out of my hole for 30 seconds though
                    What about Thurman Thomas? look how many people passed on him. Travis Henry? Aaron Schobel?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Any genius can look back and pull a ton of all-pros and HOFer's that were passed over by every team a number of times. If i recall, you weren't whining about drafting this guy in April

Give me a break

What is the point to this? More 20/20 hindsight?

Why not dog the guy for not buying Microsoft stock when it was cheap in 1985?
                      Yeah, and any "genius" can effectively ignore the team's top 4 or 5 direct needs and pick a wounded RB, a useless DE, an OLB that likely won't start for years to come if at all, a WR that was needed like a cup for a woman, and another CB in an already deepest area of the team.

Nice!

Originally posted by Mike32282
                      I agree! I am getting so sick of all the Tom Donahoe, Drew Bledsoe, Sam Adams, Ryan Denney, Dick LeBeau bashing. Let it go already! We get your damn point!
                      Don't worry Mikey, aren't you excited to see what Donahoe has up his sleeve for the '04 draft? Gosh, maybe we'll take a punter this year in round one! Or another safety! Wouldn't that be grand! LOL

Yes, any idiot can "look back and pull a ton of all-pros and HOFer's that were passed over by every team a number of times." Dozer, but it takes a special idiot to not be able to do a simple matching exercise to add a bunch of rookies and free agents (totally high injury-risk and performance risk ones at that) to areas where the team has it's greatest strengths and depths.

Interesting tho, ya know, I've never seen how an ILB can be changed post-draft to play C, G, DE, or DT, or heck, even QB. Isn't that odd!

Hmmm.....

LMAO!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Oh, I can't WAIT for this one!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Viva La Donahoe and Dredsoe!

As they go, so opposite the team goes!

Ooops! I forgot, it's no longer about the "team"!

Sorry!!! Where on earth were my manners...!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Man, Wys....with all the trash talking you are doing about Tom Donahoe...I would love to see you play GM this offseason and let use know as it goes. Clump can tell you if it will work cap wise. You will figure out what to do with our FAs. You will figure out what FA's to bring in and who to sign and how to fit them under the cap. Don't forgot, Mr. GM, you have to also save money for June 1st cuts and your draft picks. And you have to make your draft on draft day with what is available to the Bills on Draft day.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

How come I only have until February, and I'm sure you'll expect perfection then, when everyone else, TD and staff included, have until late April?

I gave you my picks last year, and quite frankly, if we had made those, we'd be better off now than we are.

Am I watching the same team you guys are?

Was this team .500/8-8 last year expecting to be at least 9-7 this year, now actually looking as if it'll be lucky to win another 3 games to finish 7-9! Lucky! A team that if it scores 17 points can be considered to have achieved an offensive bonanza?! A team that took 4 months to prepare for the Pats, then went flat like a tire over puncture strips!

Or am I and have I been watching the wrong team all these weeks....?

Did we adopt a new team here in Buffalo?

OK, that's it! And all these weeks I'm the only one not in on the joke! Oh, hahaha..., nice one fellas. OK, clue me in please so that I can ignore reality too and get all excited over our next losing coach hire, our next round of injured "steals" in FAcy, aging vet pickups, and totally out-of-need-area first four rounds of draft picks!

Clue me in please...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X