4 FGs

KG has to GO!!!!!

Michael82
11-09-2003, 06:37 PM
He should have been a bye week adjustment. :shakeno:

caveboy
11-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Sorry. Gotta rant:

The offensive play calling is bad. Wade Phillips bad. There was a game a few years ago on Monday night against the Colts where Rj literally threw two TDs for INTs on back-to-back series. (When he wasn't getting sacked of course.)

I didn't think after that, this offense could actually get worse. It has, and this is f_ _king ridiculous.

Every Bills fan today could predict what would happen on EVERY third down, red zone or not. Yet Gilbride and Williams can't. People want to blame Drew, me too at times, but as a few have also said, it ain't just him. This team has the personal to compete on offense, but won't. What should have been a ball control O with Henry today was anything but.

It needs to simplify the game plan by running FAR more until defenses stop them, not just run once in a series and then pulling Henry out on a CRITICAL 3rd and 2. Screens are taking way too long to set up, and Drew is still forcing throws into tight spots, AGAIN overlooking 2nd and 3rd targets in the flats.

We have a D that can't shut down teams now, but with the offense sucking, the D can't even afford to give up an opponents 3rd-down conversion without it hurting us. We score two TD's and those conversions are moot.

My fixes:

1) Bench Drew. Bring in AVP. AVP can more than handle what needs to be done, which is handing off the ball or throwing short to the TEs. Speaking of...

2) Involve TEs a lot more. Most receptions by the Moore and Campbell this year have not been stopped. Drew admittedly lost a few key receivers that he needs, like Centers and Riemersma, but it seems like he's forgotten that they can be just as valuable to him.

3) Start fast, play fast Gregg? Ok, then run Henry EARLY and often, not nine touches threw the 1st half. We know he needs 20+ touches to get going.

4) Blitz even more. We blitzed a few times from hidden schemes today, but how about actually stacking the line and sending six or seven a lot more? May get burned, but keep doing it until they catch us off-guard.

5) Fire GW and Gilbride. Do not even throw KG into the head coaching candidate pool. He went on about how excited he was at the beggining of the year to have this level of talent to work with – had your chance. Ravens make it the SB with Dilfer??? KG/GW are too afraid to ask Drew to do the boring grind-it-out stuff that got Dilfer his ring. Got to justify Drew's price tag.

And yes, I felt this way about the O and blitzing after the first two games. They still weren't running the ball the way they needed to. (Running Henry straight up the middle, failing to run inside the red zone.) We were blowing out teams with the big play and GW/KG got fooled into thinking things were fixed. This is about the point the wheels came off the wagon for Fade in his 3rd year too.

caveboy
11-09-2003, 07:14 PM
My bad, Should have been D that CAN shut down teams now.