PDA

View Full Version : This game was still winable!

WG
11-09-2003, 06:37 PM
IF Fletcher knew how to cover TEs, that first TD may have been a FG and we may have won this.

mackey789
11-09-2003, 06:38 PM
If we had a different offensive coordinator maybe we would have had more than -2 yards in the 4th quarter

ArcticWildMan
11-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Oh ****ing stop it Wys!! We lost this game because our offense couldn't score a TD against a community college team.

The_Philster
How about Posey...since the MLB isn't generally responsible for covering the TE...the SLB is.

WG
Originally posted by mackey789
If we had a different offensive coordinator maybe we would have had more than -2 yards in the 4th quarter

LOL

shelby
11-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Fletcher had a good game IMO. The loss does not lie on his shoulders.

socalfan
What kind of defensive coverage has a midget from the middle linebacker spot cover a giant at tight end on the outside? This is the same play that cost us a TD two weeks ago,...you'd think the coaches would learn.

WG
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Oh ****ing stop it Wys!! We lost this game because our offense couldn't score a TD against a community college team.

OH, I'm sorry! Did I hurt your feelings...

:wail:

Fletcher got schooled on that TD pass no IFs, ANDs, or BUTs!

If we had a MLB capable of covering TEs then we'd be worlds ahead of where we are. That's all I'm saying. That play highlighted perfectly what's wrong w/ Fletcher and why he'll never be anything other than an average MLB!

shelby
11-09-2003, 06:42 PM
There is plenty of blame to spread around. This loss is not on Fletcher.

Typ0
we lost because we are not a good team. A good team would have scored a TD in the second half.

I do think people underestimate Dallas though they have a solid program there and are playing very well.

WG
Originally posted by socalfan
What kind of defensive coverage has a midget from the middle linebacker spot cover a giant at tight end on the outside? This is the same play that cost us a TD two weeks ago,...you'd think the coaches would learn.

You must be imagining things too socal...

;)

Dozerdog
Anyone who criticizes the defense in this game is a lunatic.

If they make the FG instead of a TD, then Parcells kicks a 50 yarder instead of the pooch punt. It's the Bills17 quarters and counting of not scoring a TD on the road.Plain and simple. The Bills Defense played their second best game of the season.

Flether, Adams, Spikes all had tremendous games.

mackey789
Our defense played more than well enough for us to win, we have NO Offense, it is frusterating and sad.

Novacane
Fletcher is the least of our problems. Give up 10 points you should win.

shelby
11-09-2003, 06:45 PM
C'mon, wys, is it Fletcher's fault our offense couldn't score a TD?

Typ0
we should have run a dozen more running plays in this game...that's it plain and simple.

Novacane
Originally posted by Typ0
we lost because we are not a good team. A good team would have scored a TD in the second half.

Amen! I keep hearing we are a team with great talent and horrible coaching. BULL. We are a team with ok talent and horrible coaching!

We are not a good team. It's not just the coachs.

ArcticWildMan
11-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Wys, you get fixated on 2 or 3 players and do nothing but look for mistakes by them. In the meantime, you miss how the rest of the team is playing and you ignore it when one of the players who is on your "list" makes a good play.

Laying blame on Fletcher just shows how little you understand the concept of a team playing as a team. :shakeno:

Novacane
11-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Good teams don't go 17 road quarters without scoring a TD no matter who the coach is .

BillsMan80
11-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Wys, is it Winfield's fault that he didn't pick that out pass off and take it back for a score? The blame lays solely on the offense for this one and coaching.

WG
11-09-2003, 06:48 PM
You guys need to start learning to read a post for what it's worth.

I said the game was "still winable."

I said that that single play highlighted exactly what it wrong w/ Fletcher. He plays the pass v. TEs just like that all the time, the difference being rarely in a 10-6 squeaker like this one.

The D played extremely well and did all it could. Fletcher even played a good game for most of it. But again, let's not miss the point here, which you've done and seem to enjoy doing. He can't cover TEs. And if we want better play out of our MLB, then at somepoint in the future, we're gonna need to get one that is "this high" and/or can cover a TE if he isn't "this high."

That's all. No need to blow this up into a zillion things I never said. Dozer, of all people, you, and admin, doing that.

READ IT!

IHateTheDullphins
11-09-2003, 06:49 PM
KG sucks!!!!!!! if we could call plays that are not designed for 3 and 2 when we have third and long maybee we could win a f'in game! the d played well....

WG
11-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
Wys, is it Winfield's fault that he didn't pick that out pass off and take it back for a score? The blame lays solely on the offense for this one and coaching.

No 80, isn't it obvious! An O that can't score points isn't going to win many games.

Of course last season when I suggested that we weren't winning games for the same reason(s), I got arguments from many of you....

:rolleyes:

Typ0
it was really hard to get yards today. The 3rd and 2 pass killed us. We should have ran the ball and we didn't.

WG
Oh, and 80, would you like to clarify for us all how wonderful Dredsoe is perhaps.

:D

IHateTheDullphins
did you see how pissed drew was with kg on the plays he was callng they showed them on the sideline and drew was basically shaking his head like "whatever"

The_Philster
Then he shouldn't have been put on the TE. I honestly didn't notice it but if he was, then it was a dumb call and Posey should have been the one on the TE. Fletcher should be assigned to cover the RB or FB...never the TE.

Typ0
11-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

No 80, isn't it obvious! An O that can't score points isn't going to win many games.

Of course last season when I suggested that we weren't winning games for the same reason(s), I got arguments from many of you....

:rolleyes:

isn't that what people come to the boards to do?

Nighthawk
11-09-2003, 06:51 PM
People, I've got to back Wys on this one...he was merely pointing out a play in the game, not saying Fletcher cost us the game. I know everybody is on edge, but really, I don't think Wys was really putting the blame of the loss on Fletcher's shoulders.

IHateTheDullphins
11-09-2003, 06:52 PM
drew had nothing to do with the o-line sucking and kg's freaking STUPID calls!

Billz_fan
11-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Wys just likes to come and push everyones buttons. There is a word for people who like to stir stuff up.

The defense played a good game. The offense stunk.

No shotgun formations, no adjustments at halftime. It was the same offense in the 2nd half as the first.

Everytime we had a critical 3rd down we threw a pass that was short of the 1st down marker :mad:

Some of that was play calling and some was DB dumping off. It sucked all the way around.

Parcells and his staff had an easy time in the 2nnd half. We did not change a thing on offense at halftime. They just kept blitzing and we kept going 3 and out.

Why do we have Sam Gash ? Why was he not in there with Henry, especially on passing downs when we knew they were gonna blitz ? :mad:

ArcticWildMan
11-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
People, I've got to back Wys on this one...he was merely pointing out a play in the game, not saying Fletcher cost us the game. I know everybody is on edge, but really, I don't think Wys was really putting the blame of the loss on Fletcher's shoulders.

He isn't??? :jawdrop:

Read this again and tell me he isn't blaming Fletcher: IF Fletcher knew how to cover TEs, that first TD may have been a FG and we may have won this.

Sure sounds like blame to me.

IHateTheDullphins
11-09-2003, 06:54 PM
or what was the deal on 3rd and 2 with SM instead of henry int eh first half?

WG
11-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Billz_fan
Wys just likes to come and push everyones buttons. There is a word for people who like to stir stuff up.

There's words for a lot of the "types" posting here right now. :)

Actually Billz, I just wanted to use the opportunity, given that it was a high profile play and since most people seem to ignore the uneventful routine plays, as a demonstration as to why Fletcher is not a premier MLB.

I think it's a fair criticism, but I see that most people here are incapable of handling such a criticism without going absolutely F*&&$ing insane!

Not my problem however. I'm sorry I brought it up.

Viva La Fletcher. Shortcomings and all.

I do wonder at times what it's like going thru life willingly accepting mediocrity all the time. Can some of you fill me in please.

D? Anyone...?

:snicker:

SoCalBillsFan
11-09-2003, 07:00 PM
London has been good against the run, not so good against the pass. I wish we didn't have our MLB covering TE's.

But honestly, I can't take many shots at the defense this week. FOr god sakes, what the heck is wrong with the offense.

IHateTheDullphins
11-09-2003, 07:01 PM
The defense played a great game and you people that can not recognize that are obvoisly watching the wrong sport.

The ofensive play calling was horendese agian this week, and they showed drew on the sidelines pretty much b*&tching out KG.

This loss was not drews fault and some ppl need a new argument.

WG
11-09-2003, 07:24 PM
IHTD,

Who on earth said the D didn't play a great game?

Stay away from the "green ones." You want the bottle marked "Aleve." :D

How could anyone deny that the D played well?

Well, last year it was the D's fault why we lost to GB 10-0, so I'd better be careful. Treading on thin ice I'm sure. Especially last year after suggesting that perhaps Blew's 4 TOs had anything to do w/ the loss. What a mistake that was.

That must fall under the category of what IHTD means when he says I know nothing about football. :D

Dman
11-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I do wonder at times what it's like going thru life willingly accepting mediocrity all the time. Can some of you fill me in please.

D? Anyone...?

:snicker:

Just remember here Wys...you asked.....

You know perfectly well what it's like going through life willingly accepting mediocrity all the time.

You're the one who buys all those Season Tickets every year....

This year..I have not and certainly will not purchase any tickets to watch this crap. That is about all the power that I have to not accept it. I've even had the audacity to turn off the TV

When they give the fans the power to make coaching and player moves then I'll be first in line to step up. ...Until then..you feel free to spend your money to support it..thus accepting it..not me.

You see I do not accept it when I can do something in my power to change it...

caveboy
11-09-2003, 07:40 PM
"No shotgun formations,"

Excellent point! Drew is the type of QB that nbeeds to start in shotgun just to give him and extra sec to get rid of the ball. These 5 and 7 seven drops are no good against the blitz-a-palooza that was out there today.

This loss was a total offensive effort, not just Drews. Hats off to you KG and GW, at least you're consistant at calling a sh__y gameplan week in, week out.

IHateTheDullphins
11-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by caveboy
"No shotgun formations,"

Excellent point! Drew is the type of QB that nbeeds to start in shotgun just to give him and extra sec to get rid of the ball. These 5 and 7 seven drops are no good against the blitz-a-palooza that was out there today.

This loss was a total offensive effort, not just Drews. Hats off to you KG and GW, at least you're consistant at calling a sh__y gameplan week in, week out.

exactly! not drews fault, and if you watched the game he made it clear he was pissed at KG!

Tatonka
11-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Dman
Just remember here Wys...you asked.....

You know perfectly well what it's like going through life willingly accepting mediocrity all the time.

You're the one who buys all those Season Tickets every year....

This year..I have not and certainly will not purchase any tickets to watch this crap. That is about all the power that I have to not accept it. I've even had the audacity to turn off the TV

When they give the fans the power to make coaching and player moves then I'll be first in line to step up. ...Until then..you feel free to spend your money to support it..thus accepting it..not me.

You see I do not accept it when I can do something in my power to change it...

rofl.. that is so true.. how much to you spend on season tickets, wys, to "support" the trash you dog all the time... classic. :D

ps.. since drew didnt throw any picks.. i guess you lost that bet.

Dozerdog
11-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by shelby
C'mon, wys, is it Fletcher's fault our offense couldn't score a TD?

Of course it is, Shelby- Wys expects us to sign perfect players, play perfectly every play, and shut out teams.

No mistakes allowed-- ever

Fletcher is a very important cog in this defense. A defense that held one of the NFL's more potent offenses this first half of the NFL season to about 200 total yards. In their house.

But he's focused on our team's leading tackler from last season- a record breaking season- the scapegoat. Just another one of his games

Tatonka
11-09-2003, 08:00 PM
tell me what MLBs can cover TEs like a cornerback anyway?

i can think of Ray Lewis.. and that is about it.. maybe Donnie Edwards, who gets his share of INTs... other than that?

the TE made a good move on him, and Fletcher was about a step and a half off.. he also made some great stops and big hits and got pressure on a few blitzes..

i am sure there will be tons of Ray Lewis type players in FA that come for 2mill a year this offseason..

Novacane
11-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

This loss was not drews fault and some ppl need a new argument.

Is it not Drew's fault he is a career 500 QB?:couch:

He sucks.............deal with it!

helmetguy
11-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Honestly, Shelby, do you think he really actually WATCHES the games? I figured a long time ago that he watches and waits for something-anything-to pin on one of his whipping boys. Forget about him seeing the big picture!

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Anyone who criticizes the defense in this game is a lunatic.

If they make the FG instead of a TD, then Parcells kicks a 50 yarder instead of the pooch punt. It's the Bills17 quarters and counting of not scoring a TD on the road.Plain and simple. The Bills Defense played their second best game of the season.

Flether, Adams, Spikes all had tremendous games.

Well said.

No game, ever, ever, ever is played to absolute perfection.

The D put up a solid effort.

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Of course it is, Shelby- Wys expects us to sign perfect players, play perfectly every play, and shut out teams.

No mistakes allowed-- ever

You hit the nail on the head right there...

The Natrix
11-10-2003, 01:38 AM
wys, why the **** are you after Fletcher? Shut up.

The Natrix
11-10-2003, 01:40 AM
The D-FENCE was animal today! They gave Drew opportunity after opportunity but the douche couldn't make something happen. Bledsoe must go!

Cntrygal
11-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Attack the post, not the poster.

shelby
11-10-2003, 04:25 AM
The D is one of our few bright spots this season. Lindell is another.

i'd give my eyeteeth for committment to establishing a :angry:ing running game.

Hindsight is 20/20....we should have hired Fox as HC.:cynic:

THenPitBull
11-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Moorman too.

THenPitBull
11-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Oh and terrance McGee was all over the field on sunday. What a bright spot.