Why GW won't get fired this season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Why GW won't get fired this season...

...because TD's ego is too big! I like him, don't get me wrong, but I truly believe he is more interested in trying to prove that he didn't mess up with the hiring of GW...than he is concerned about winning.

Thoughts?
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

He's afraid of bringing in a strong coach, IMO
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

GW is gone. He has 7 more games left as an NFL HC. TD will fire him.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
        • Jul 2002

In GW's defense, TD fired the OC and brought Gilbride in.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• helmetguy
          Touch the helmet for luck
          • Sep 2002

TD's ego has nothing to do with anything, except to let frustrated fans look for a scapegoat-any scpegoat-for the losses.

From what I've been reading here and on other boards, the prevailing notion is that TD has made all his personnel decisions in a vacuum; without input from anyone (particularly the coaching staff). After last season, the consensus opinion was that the offense was seviceable, and the defense needed help. Two years ago, nothing was really serviceable, given the myriad cap problems. Now, the offense has, indeed gone south; but let's not forget, also, that Dallas blitzed A TON today. Even Phil Sims was quick to point out how the offensive "Brain Mistrust" didn't adjust at half-time to counter Dallas' blitz packages. Inability to adjust is the hallmark of this coaching staff.
          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Amen!!!

Comment

• caveboy
              • Oct 2003

If Spurrier is gone, then so will GW. The Bills would have to win out just for him to keep his job.

Hey, I know! Why don't we get 'Prime Time'. He says he's ready to coach since he's been watching game tapes every week.

"Your job is to protect your quarterback – me."

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                • Jul 2002

Don't mistake me for defending GW. I'll be the page boy for the paper work to get him fired for free.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  ...because TD's ego is too big! I like him, don't get me wrong, but I truly believe he is more interested in trying to prove that he didn't mess up with the hiring of GW...than he is concerned about winning.

Thoughts?
                  He's not fired because the alternative is worse. You have to ride the season out or wait until the Bills are out of the playoffs. It's not ego- it's practicality

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

He's not fired because the alternative is worse. You have to ride the season out or wait until the Bills are out of the playoffs. It's not ego- it's practicality
                    Exactly!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

If we fired GW in mid-season, no coach with any experience would even consider working here.

We just have to suck it up and pray we get lucky with who TD brings in next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X