PDA

View Full Version : Why GW won't get fired this season...

Nighthawk
11-09-2003, 06:47 PM
...because TD's ego is too big! I like him, don't get me wrong, but I truly believe he is more interested in trying to prove that he didn't mess up with the hiring of GW...than he is concerned about winning.

Thoughts?

The_Philster
11-09-2003, 06:48 PM
He's afraid of bringing in a strong coach, IMO
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31590

Novacane
11-09-2003, 06:51 PM
GW is gone. He has 7 more games left as an NFL HC. TD will fire him.

Turf
11-09-2003, 07:23 PM
In GW's defense, TD fired the OC and brought Gilbride in.

helmetguy
11-09-2003, 07:25 PM
TD's ego has nothing to do with anything, except to let frustrated fans look for a scapegoat-any scpegoat-for the losses.

From what I've been reading here and on other boards, the prevailing notion is that TD has made all his personnel decisions in a vacuum; without input from anyone (particularly the coaching staff). After last season, the consensus opinion was that the offense was seviceable, and the defense needed help. Two years ago, nothing was really serviceable, given the myriad cap problems. Now, the offense has, indeed gone south; but let's not forget, also, that Dallas blitzed A TON today. Even Phil Sims was quick to point out how the offensive "Brain Mistrust" didn't adjust at half-time to counter Dallas' blitz packages. Inability to adjust is the hallmark of this coaching staff.

ArcticWildMan
11-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Amen!!! :bf1:

caveboy
11-09-2003, 07:26 PM
If Spurrier is gone, then so will GW. The Bills would have to win out just for him to keep his job.

Hey, I know! Why don't we get 'Prime Time'. He says he's ready to coach since he's been watching game tapes every week.

:smoke:

Turf
11-09-2003, 07:29 PM
Don't mistake me for defending GW. I'll be the page boy for the paper work to get him fired for free.

Dozerdog
11-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
...because TD's ego is too big! I like him, don't get me wrong, but I truly believe he is more interested in trying to prove that he didn't mess up with the hiring of GW...than he is concerned about winning.

Thoughts?

He's not fired because the alternative is worse. You have to ride the season out or wait until the Bills are out of the playoffs. It's not ego- it's practicality

The Spaz
11-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

He's not fired because the alternative is worse. You have to ride the season out or wait until the Bills are out of the playoffs. It's not ego- it's practicality

Exactly!:beers:

ArcticWildMan
11-09-2003, 07:53 PM
If we fired GW in mid-season, no coach with any experience would even consider working here.

We just have to suck it up and pray we get lucky with who TD brings in next year.