• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

The defense was great...

I wish Winfield could have made that INT. I told my brothers that the D was going to have to win it for us, and he almost did on that play.

I'm still not happy with the lack of takeaways, but all in all, the D played very well. If Bledsoe hadn't fumbled, they very well may have only given up three points.

On the other hand, I'm going to kill :angry:ing Kevin Gilbride.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
    IOn the other hand, I'm going to kill :angry:ing Kevin Gilbride.
    Step in line
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

i'll drive the getaway car, log.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I'll provide the gun

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

The D was great LOG!

The TO's could have gone both ways tho. Dallas could have had a pick or two and another FR. That one that whom, Campbell just happened to be near and fell on was key. Or at least at the time it was. As suspected, the team w/ the fewest critical TOs won. Nothing odd in a D matchup.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

I'll find some place to hide the body.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
              I'll find some place to hide the body.
              You clear out some room in the trunk? or did you have someplace else in mind?
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
                Touch the helmet for luck
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                You clear out some room in the trunk? or did you have someplace else in mind?
                Someplace else. Need the trunk space for tailgating gear.

One knock on the defense: Third and two, 2:13 left in the 4th quarter....WHY ARE EIGHT GUYS OFF THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE????

Parcells: "Maybe would should, um, run against that three man front?"
                Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I'm just chalking up as a game we would have had a greater opportunity to win if our coaches weren't a few bricks short of a load.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy

One knock on the defense: Third and two, 2:13 left in the 4th quarter....WHY ARE EIGHT GUYS OFF THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE????

Because in Buffalo 3rd and 2 is a passing down
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cntrygal
                      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                      • Jul 2002

I'll provide the alibi. Didn't you guys have a great time here in SongTan drinking soju with me?

Originally posted by notacon
                      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

The D was good, not great. The pass rush, except for Schobel on occasion, still was not there. Carter had way too much time on most of his passes and, had he been more accuurate, would have picked us apart. A better QB would have had a field day.

And then there's that pesky turnover problem - our D never gets any.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jaded 7
                          Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                          • Jul 2002

I agree, Log. I thought the Bills' defense was great! All the guys stepped up and held the Cowboys to nothing! It was truly a game of d's. And, if it wasn't for Drew's first fumble, which was his fault, I think the Bills could've won the game. The Cowboys couldn't score after that one touchdown in the first quarter.

The second fumble wasn't as much Drew's fault. He was slammed on both sides by two different guys. I don't really fault him too much for that one.

It wasn't a very a very exciting game, because of the low score, but it was a tough game for both d's. At least the Bills actually came out and played. I was really wondering if they had just given up the ship after the last few games. I wasn't as disappointed in them yesterday.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                          Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                          The only answer I found for all this hurt
                          Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            The D was good, not great. The pass rush, except for Schobel on occasion, still was not there. Carter had way too much time on most of his passes and, had he been more accuurate, would have picked us apart. A better QB would have had a field day.

And then there's that pesky turnover problem - our D never gets any.
                            Good point. Our lack of a pass rush didn't hurt us as much yesterday. It will have to get better though, as we're facing some pretty decent QBs down the stretch (Carr, Manning, McNair, Brady, Pennington).

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

I thought that the D played a great game as well. Not perfect, but great. If we had a decent pass rush the turnovers would mount up.

I'm still amazed at the production Parcells is getting out of that talentless lineup. The Cowboys are clearly not a 7-2 team.

Comment

Working...
                              X