Pass on 1st down, run on second, pass on third and long...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Pass on 1st down, run on second, pass on third and long...

this was the offensive play calling for the entire 4th quarter. What the hell? Henry was very productive today- why did KG refuse to run on first downs? The offense moved the ball a little in the second and 3rd quarters, mostly because of Henry.

Instead, it was incomplete pass on 1st down, short run on 2nd down, then we're stuck in 3rd and long from our own 20. This technique may work once or twice because the defense may not be expecting a run on 2nd and 10, but they used it for the whole damn quarter.

Special teams sucked too- Antonio Brown is definitely developing but the punt return team failed to provide field position all day.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

How about the passes on third and short????

That ticked me off so much.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
      How about the passes on third and short????

That ticked me off so much.
      Yeah, I was pretty pissed about that too, but I've almost come to accept it- as long as we have gilbride, we're going to throw on short yardage downs (despite having a Pro Bowl running back who's been productive for the last 3 games).

What they did today though- I though that was even worse. It's like a step backwards.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Oh and another reason why KG is an idiot: There were several plays (I didn't count) when Gash was in the backfield and he went into motion and lined up in a receiver position.

GASH CAN'T CATCH! He's a blocker and a short yardage back, not to mention that doing this broadcasts "pass" to the defense.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

What about the short 2-3 yard passes on 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 10?

:angry:ing Gilbride!!!

Comment

• chubluv
            BillsZone bowling team MVP
            • Jan 2003

Did we attempt a throw in the air over 15 yards to a WR that was in the general area of the pass? Bledsoe got a few out there with desperation throws but noone was around them....

We are in 5th place
            Clump is on the IR
            Chubluv average is 167
            Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
            Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I'm sure glad we had that extra week to develop this exciting offense. Kudos to GW and KG.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I'm just really tired of the low percentage crap. Too many deep outs, not enough dump offs and screens. Throwing when you should run. It goes against everything you've ever learned about how to call a game. I truly think the team, more specifically, the O line, is confused.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                  I truly think the team, more specifically, the O line, is confused.
                  pat ruel has made our OL worse too.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

henry is so underutilized in this offense it sickens me. He barely touched the ball in the second half and still gained 80 yards on the ground. Also they need him more involved in the pasing game.
                    If this is more of a play action style team then where the **** is the play action style calls. Gilbride is just hideous as a NFL coach.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

No kidding. Here's my question:

Last season we had Moulds AND Price, who both posted 1000 season. Henry ran all over the field and made the Pro Bowl.

This season our receivers aren't as good, but KG called even MORE pass plays???

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        No kidding. Here's my question:

Last season we had Moulds AND Price, who both posted 1000 season. Henry ran all over the field and made the Pro Bowl.

This season our receivers aren't as good, but KG called even MORE pass plays???
                        You have to really wonder about that. Yet I see, over 7 1/2 hours later, no one has yet to answer it. We brought in Sam Gash to help establish the running game. Is Gilbride getting a special bonus in his paycheck the more passing plays he calls?
                        Here's what we do on 3rd and short. Hand off to Travis, have him follow Sam Gash through the hole (that Gash helps make by knocking the stuffing out of the opposing LBs). Maybe that's too simple for Gilbride though.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                        X